Lions at Chargers (+1.5) Pregame Discussion (Wk 10)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Sorry we have not tuned any corner until the Chargers have been a legitimately good team in a game that matters. There record in such games is still abysmal until otherwise. This Sunday is the next opportunity.
    Chargers at worst need to be 6-5 after the next three games. That means beating the Packers and either the Ravens or Lions. Just like coming out of the bye, beating the Bears or Jets, fine. They got beat by both the Cowboys and Chiefs. . Win a game against a good team. Stack W's

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

That is where Herbert has regressed. I really expected a leap in his command and confidence in year 4, the next level of his game.

Is is unfair for the unbiased NFL pundits to be asking if he is an elite talent who stormed into the league but has not taken the next step to actually be an elite QB? I dont know the answer yet but I am not putting my head in the sand and losing my objectivity either.
      Do you think the other 10 players supporting Jalen Hurts helps or hurts his game?

The Chargers have no running game, a terrible OLine and receivers who can't get open and like last night, dropped 5 passes. Don't you think those are factors in the performance of the QB

Maybe also coaching. Pep H and Steichen just might be better coaches than Lombo and Moore

The dumbest thing staley did was not retain one of those two guys.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        Fewer picks than Mahomie or Hurts So Bad.
        Way fewer TDs, yards and wins too

Tentative, conservative play might keep down picks but....

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
          Let's do this!
          • Aug 2022
          • Raleigh N. Carolina
          • Send PM

There was poster here (handsome devil) that suggested Lombardi wasn't the main problem and that not all of the Offensive issues were play calling...

Haven't seen him in a while, hope he's ok.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Agreed

I do think the defense for the Lions is not as good as the Jets. Giving up less yards but more PPG. Granted, the Ravens game - they were outscored by close to 30 I believe

Tough matchup - if you want to make the playoffs - you win this game at home
            100%

Lets talk about this QB and this team after the Lions game

I need some proof given our record against good teams

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

I love Herbert and want more from him but shit I cant argue with what you said, i have watched the same things from Herbert of late

First year rookie of the year. Second year Pro Bowl QB....you cannot even say Herbert is in the Pro Bowl conversation this year
              If you like QBR
              Herbert is 5th in the entire NFL.

If you like passer rating, he is 9th in the NFL.

If you like QBs who dont throw it to other team.
              Of QBs who started at least 8 games, Only Lamar Jackson and CJ Stroud have thrown less interceptions than Herbert.

And Herbert is in a new offensive system, again. So I think the game will slow down and he will be better as he gets more snaps with OC Kellen Moore.

Health is always a factor. So whether it's the thumb or not having his starting Center or Mike Williams, or having Ekeler and Everett miss games. Finding a rhythm in new offense with moving parts can be challenging. But the guy is laser focused on winning and getting better. I thought he made winning plays last night, even if the stats weren't great.
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

Do you think the other 10 players supporting Jalen Hurts helps or hurts his game?

The Chargers have no running game, a terrible OLine and receivers who can't get open and like last night, dropped 5 passes. Don't you think those are factors in the performance of the QB

Maybe also coaching. Pep H and Steichen just might be better coaches than Lombo and Moore

Que up the excuses as we always do. Apart from Kelce have you seen Mahomes receivers??

I get it, but that doesn't explain the tentativeness, the overthrown passes, the 4th quarter interceptions The elite 50 million QBs elevate their teams, get it done, get the big wins. Herbert isn't doing that yet. Even his signature 4th quarter against the Raiders ended in a loss

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

If you like QBR

Of QBs who started at least 8 games, Only Lamar Jackson and CJ Stroud have thrown less interceptions than Herbert.

And Herbert is in a new offensive system, again. So I think the game will slow down and he will be better as he gets more snaps with OC Kellen Moore.

Health is always a factor. So whether it's the thumb or not having his starting Center or Mike Williams, or having Ekeler and Everett miss games. Finding a rhythm in new offense with moving parts can be challenging. But the guy is laser focused on winning and getting better. I thought he made winning plays last night, even if the stats weren't great.
                  I agree he played smart football last night in a tight defensive game.

Overall the he has become a check down QB. I mean do the Chargers ever throw passes more than 7 yards anymore? Herbert is not top 10 in passing yards. Waste of an arm

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                    Let's do this!
                    • Aug 2022
                    • Raleigh N. Carolina
                    • Send PM

Agree 1000%

And unless the Chargers blow out an opponent 35-0 folks around here will get hung up on the opticts of a hard fought, ugly win.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                      Let's do this!
                      • Aug 2022
                      • Raleigh N. Carolina
                      • Send PM

If you like QBR

Quarterback Justin Herbert has been sacked 10 times over the past three games. Herbert had less than 2.5 seconds to throw on 40% of his dropbacks, as the Jets' defensive line easily pushed back the Chargers' front throughout the contest

Comment

• charger1_sj
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2022
                        • Send PM

If you like QBR

What's the difference between QBR and passer rating?

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Chargers at worst need to be 6-5 after the next three games. That means beating the Packers and either the Ravens or Lions. Just like coming out of the bye, beating the Bears or Jets, fine. They got beat by both the Cowboys and Chiefs. . Win a game against a good team. Stack W's
                          We have only had 2 games where we out played the other team and deserved the win.........which is the last 2 weeks..... our 2 other wins were pure luck, becauae we deserved to lose......

Detroit and ravens are really good on both sides of the ball.... agree, we have to find way to beat one of them to have a real shot......Ravens are really dominant on defense.... like Jets... DETY is very good on defense and on offense because they have balance and many players can beat you.... not just 2 like the jets.....

Chargers need to start using players other then KA and Ekler...... spreading ball around is best way to confuse good defenses...... so they cant just double one guy....

Comment

Working...
                          X