Chargers Offense Needs Help... Some Thoughts!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

nztebolt I apologize mate. You reached out to me on twitter with these articles you wrote and i was impressed because i think you are just starting out with it. And you reminded me of myself years ago when it came to putting ideas down like this. Only i wasnt in High School like yourself. I see some slight attacking going on here...citing OP and excuses and other bullshit and i apologize. I asked you to come here and i didnt expect some jabs like this. I hope you keep obsessing on football and the bolts and dont let older dudes deter you from trying to hone your craft. You have a bright future and i appreciate the time you invested into writing this stuff. I hope you stick around. I hope you keep telling us your thoughts. We all are here to make each other better students of the game. You are extremely impressive at your young age. Well done bud.

Aloha brother.

Comment

• C'monchargers
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
      nztebolt I apologize mate. You reached out to me on twitter with these articles you wrote and i was impressed because i think you are just starting out with it. And you reminded me of myself years ago when it came to putting ideas down like this. Only i wasnt in High School like yourself. I see some slight attacking going on here...citing OP and excuses and other bullshit and i apologize. I asked you to come here and i didnt expect some jabs like this. I hope you keep obsessing on football and the bolts and dont let older dudes deter you from trying to hone your craft. You have a bright future and i appreciate the time you invested into writing this stuff. I hope you stick around. I hope you keep telling is your thoughts. We all are hear to make each other better students of the game. You are extremely impressive at your young age. Well done bud.

Aloha brother.
      to OP, that's quite impressive and well thought out.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Nice job, Nate!

I agree with a lot of what you wrote.

1) The short passing game is an extension of the running game. I tried to explain the same thing last year when everybody was up in arms over Lombardi's short passing strategy. And you're also right... it can't be the only strategy. The Chargers will have to take some deep shots every once in a while.

2) They need to find a way to get QJ in space more. IMO, more drag routes (the way they used to use Tyrell Williams).

3) The OL misses Corey Linsley. The young guys need to be better at communicating and picking up stunts.

4) Gerald Everett and Joshua Kelley need to be used more.

The one thing I think you didn't mention was the potential to use Derius Davis in the offense. I liked when I saw him lined up in the backfield (Game 3?). But they have underutilized him. I think he'd be great in the flats (short passes) to get him in space. I'd like to see him get some quick pitches on the outside in the run game. What do you think?

Great job! Keep writing young man! I think your analysis is better than 90% of the posters here... so don't let the fuddy-duddies get you down.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

If the receivers would just catch the ball thrown to them, would we be questioning the offense's ability to score? So many dropped passes in the Green Bay game that would have made a different outcome to the game.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
            I read this YEARS ago via Warren Sharp.
            That was several paradigms ago.
            Today, I remain tepid on the concepts involved here.
            What is missing,
            amongst other important considerations,
            is how different play combinations,
            and diverse play sequences,
            set up success.
            Meanwhile, the Chargers just scored o' plenty vs DET.
            Well, I can be overly simplistic too.
            It's ALL Clapp vs Linsley and no In-Line TE.
            Bye.
            And piss poor defense . . . . . . . . . that's as simple as it gets.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
              Nice job, Nate!

I agree with a lot of what you wrote.

1) The short passing game is an extension of the running game. I tried to explain the same thing last year when everybody was up in arms over Lombardi's short passing strategy. And you're also right... it can't be the only strategy. The Chargers will have to take some deep shots every once in a while.

2) They need to find a way to get QJ in space more. IMO, more drag routes (the way they used to use Tyrell Williams).

3) The OL misses Corey Linsley. The young guys need to be better at communicating and picking up stunts.

4) Gerald Everett and Joshua Kelley need to be used more.

The one thing I think you didn't mention was the potential to use Derius Davis in the offense. I liked when I saw him lined up in the backfield (Game 3?). But they have underutilized him. I think he'd be great in the flats (short passes) to get him in space. I'd like to see him get some quick pitches on the outside in the run game. What do you think?

Great job! Keep writing young man! I think your analysis is better than 90% of the posters here... so don't let the fuddy-duddies get you down.
              Nate - please work up a plan to fix the defense too . . . . . . . . . . quickly

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

And piss poor defense . . . . . . . . . that's as simple as it gets.
                If we are to make the playoffs, which is all I give a shit about right now, it will involve an adequately diverse offense, fighting through injuries, ineffective offensive game plans, and a smidgeon of defense.

Nate can handle my sharply worded counterpoint.

We now move into the + Thankgiving phase, where the weather really changes, teams have tape and play a more smothering brand of defense, and a this is when a running game comes in real handy.

Keep at it, Nate, especially the Charger content.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

If we are to make the playoffs, which is all I give a shit about right now, it will involve an adequately diverse offense, fighting through injuries, ineffective offensive game plans, and a smidgeon of defense.

Nate can handle my sharply worded counterpoint.

We now move into the + Thankgiving phase, where the weather really changes, teams have tape and play a more smothering brand of defense, and a this is when a running game comes in real handy.

Keep at it, Nate, especially the Charger content.
                  Please! BS needs all the help he can get . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Hey nztebolt Shane Steichen has Gardner Minshew and the Colts going pass first vs Tamp Bay.

Bookmarked.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                    X