Chargers (-3) at Packers Pregame Discussion (Wk 11)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • victoriaboltfan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • victoria b.c.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

What was his issue? I only saw a reference to an illness??? Anyone know?
    Tackling Phobia

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

43 F. Chance of rain. Earlier in the week it was in the low 70’s. Cold front must have moved in.
      Not to worry - we can lean on our running game and defense, right??

Comment

• victoriaboltfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • victoria b.c.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Not to worry - we can lean on our running game and defense, right??
        Lol choked on my beer !!!

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by victoriaboltfan View Post

Tackling Phobia

Sprained vagina?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

He had Lombardi for 2 seasons, so as a pro it would be 4 in 5 years. Don’t forget, he had 4 difference coordinators in 4 years in college as well so that would be 8 in 9 years.
            Meh, Herbie isn’t having trouble with systems. He managed to get drafted in the top 6 out of college after 4 different systems at OU and he’s managed to put up the best 3 yr and soon 4 yr numbers in the history of the NFL while suffering 3 “new systems”. He’s not switching from playing football to playing polo - he’s a fucking pro at new systems. Slayer will be a pro in any system and our OL and RBs don’t really look like they know how to execute this system anyway.

Hire the best Coach and don’t worry about Herbie - he will be just fine. Moore is good, I like him, but I don’t think Moore is the best OC in the league. This is the Norv Continuity argument all over again.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Meh, Herbie isn’t having trouble with systems. He managed to get drafted in the top 6 out of college after 4 different systems at OU and he’s managed to put up the best 3 yr and soon 4 yr numbers in the history of the NFL while suffering 3 “new systems”. He’s not switching from playing football to playing polo - he’s a fucking pro at new systems. Slayer will be a pro in any system and our OL and RBs don’t really look like they know how to execute this system anyway.

Hire the best Coach and don’t worry about Herbie - he will be just fine. Moore is good, I like him, but I don’t think Moore is the best OC in the league. This is the Norv Continuity argument all over again.
                Herbert is obviously one of the smartest, if not the smartest, QB in the league. But that doesn't mean it wouldn't help him to be in a system for 3 or 4 years, and especially the not as bright players surrounding him.

Comment

• Caslon
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

Thankfully, Moore has him incorporating more QJ and Guyton into his game, at long last.

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Then, It may be necessary to promote Moore to HC to keep him. I suppose it would be just like Staley is now, only on the opposite side of the ball. Moore too might also be playing two roles simultaneously (HC and OC), and we’d just have to see if that works out?
                    it might and might not.... the great ones can do it, like Reid, etc..... if we are witnessing the earlyu stages of a great coach, then i would hate to lose him... the one advantage of firing Stsaley now is seeing what Moore and the othere coaches could do in second half of season so we could get an idea if it might work out....

Waiting till after season, would allow others to out bid chargers for him, or make it harder to decide because we did not test drive.....?

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Thankfully, Moore has him incorporating more QJ and Guyton into his game, at long last.
                      that was nice to finally see that happen....QJ does have talent....

Comment

• AFboltfan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2018
                        • Balboa Park bench
                        • Medical Simulation
                        • Send PM

Chargers warming up the injury excuse to keep Staley...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

it might and might not.... the great ones can do it, like Reid, etc..... if we are witnessing the earlyu stages of a great coach, then i would hate to lose him... the one advantage of firing Stsaley now is seeing what Moore and the othere coaches could do in second half of season so we could get an idea if it might work out....

Waiting till after season, would allow others to out bid chargers for him, or make it harder to decide because we did not test drive.....?
                          I am willing to take a chance that Moore will not be the next great thing if they don't hire him

Comment

Working...
                          X