Chargers at Packers Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Wk 11)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kellyb72601
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

I know it sux and it’s probably not gonna help this season, but Herbert turned a corner in todays game. After 4 years that’s finally the Qb I wanted to see. He did 2 things I’ve been wanting to see and had all but given up on:

1. He legitimately got mad on the field. When they had that delay of game down in the red zone he spiked the ball and told Clapp, “SNAP THE DAMN BALL!!” He had a look on his face most of the game I’ve never seen before. It tells me he’s not taking a backseat anymore to the playcaller, it’s HIS offense. He butched up on tbat final drive and threw the game winning TD to put the game away, but unfortunately Johnston dropped it. You can’t ask for anymore from Herbert though.

2. He was actively looking to pick up yards with his legs whenever he could. That’s something he’s never done enough and has been missing from his game. If he keeps doing that the offense is going to be extremely difficult to defend.

This season is over and Staley and Telesco need run outta town asap but for the first time in a long time I’m somewhat hopeful for what the future brings.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

I had a strong feeling this season was over and Staley didn't have the right stuff after the Miami game!

Guys - the reality was that THIS season was over when BS was allowed to get on the team plane home from Jacksonville . . . . . . .

Coming into this game, the Chargers ranked 30th in defensive efficiency, 29th in points allowed per game (24.6), 31st in yards per play allowed (5.7) and 29th in third down conversion rate (42%) over Staley's three-year tenure.

Defensive genius my ass . . . . . . . . . . dude needs to be gone tomorrow . . . players have had enough, and are now speaking out.

Comment

• sdchrgrboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2021
        • San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Moving to LA, instantly doubled the resale value of team and selling would make the cheap Spanos family Billionaires..... so I assumed they would sell the team shortly after the move, but they stupidly have not yet....
        I believe the NFL has a non sale clause for 5 years after a move but I could be wrong

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
          I know it sux and it’s probably not gonna help this season, but Herbert turned a corner in todays game. After 4 years that’s finally the Qb I wanted to see. He did 2 things I’ve been wanting to see and had all but given up on:

1. He legitimately got mad on the field. When they had that delay of game down in the red zone he spiked the ball and told Clapp, “SNAP THE DAMN BALL!!” He had a look on his face most of the game I’ve never seen before. It tells me he’s not taking a backseat anymore to the playcaller, it’s HIS offense. He butched up on tbat final drive and threw the game winning TD to put the game away, but unfortunately Johnston dropped it. You can’t ask for anymore from Herbert though.

2. He was actively looking to pick up yards with his legs whenever he could. That’s something he’s never done enough and has been missing from his game. If he keeps doing that the offense is going to be extremely difficult to defend.

This season is over and Staley and Telesco need run outta town asap but for the first time in a long time I’m somewhat hopeful for what the future brings.

Agreed.

We need fire, urgency, and energy everywhere. Not just from Herbert, Slayer, Everett, Mack, Alohi and Tuli.

Our defenders look completely confused in coverages.
          Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

He got Mack. I have not seen any other move work yet. JCJ lockdown CB was a disaster. I would say he hasn't got what he wants yet. He has been working on fixing special teams and offense line and trying to get by with one useful addition to the defense in Mack. Once he finally gets a lockdown corner then I will agree he got everything he needed. He has no #1 CB and never has had one. I will suspend judgement until I see this defense unit with a true #1 CB on the field.

Coming into this game, the Chargers ranked 30th in defensive efficiency, 29th in points allowed per game (24.6), 31st in yards per play allowed (5.7) and 29th in third down conversion rate (42%) over Staley's three-year tenure.

OVER HIS 3 YEAR TENURE. So you're saying he'd be a good defensive coach if he only had a lockdown corner? Really? THIS is what you're defending? You think 1 player can fix 3 years of THIS?

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Chris Long not mincing words.
              He is right but he didn't mention Telesco needs to go. Dean doesn't have the nads to fire a HC during the season.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                What’s frustrating is you know this team will come back and Beat the Ravens next weekend 28-21.

and we’ll say see look how they look like a playoff team. Look how they look like a contender.

Quentin Johnston these drops.

drop drop and he dropped the ball in College. How do you draft him? How do you draft the guy who has drops.

In the old days I'd have agreed with you, but not this team, not this year. I believe the players are finally done with all of the BS . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

This guy sums it all up perfectly.The only elephant in the room he didn't address was ownership.Spanos are losers.Dean and his twerp runt kid are Not football minds and need to sell this team or relinquish football responsibilities to men that actually know what in the fuck they are doin.The true test for this team as a whole is the next GM and coaching hire.They fuck it up Again and this team is a waste of time for all of us fans who deserve much better.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Chris is assuming the Chargers owners have balls. We know they don’t. Any self respecting owner would cut ties.

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post
                      [/B][/U]

OVER HIS 3 YEAR TENURE. So you're saying he'd be a good defensive coach if he only had a lockdown corner? Really? THIS is what you're defending? You think 1 player can fix 3 years of THIS?
                      I think better personnel does fix it. That's what would help Belicheck as well. That is what did help Kyle Shanahan and he admitted when he loses one of his best players how much difference it is. Like going 6-10 without 1 single player and then going to playoffs and the HC Kyle saying it's because he got his best defensive player back. So I'm agreeing with football minds that say 1 player can impact the entire unit. I am Not with what fans think as they point to incomplete picture with stats. I heard football players from NFL just this week say what I said. I'll trust the guys who played on Sunday and Coach on Sunday over fans.
                      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

I saw the same thing with Herbert. Question is can he take the next step to Brady, Manning level etc who doesn’t stand for lack of effort and execution from his teammates. No more Mr Nice guy

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He is right but he didn't mention Telesco needs to go. Dean doesn't have the nads to fire a HC during the season.
                          He did imply that. You may have missed that part, Bro. Long pointed right at Telesco for drafting QJ instead of Flowers or Addison. It sounded like Chris Long considers this a reason for firing. Even Rivers era Charger failures were brought up.
                          Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X