Chargers at Packers Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Wk 11)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PowderBill
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2023
    • Send PM

No screaming crap that coach should be canned. He should be left at tarmac in GB. But the Chargers are so inept they won't do it. Such a putrid stench Staley has built. DC needs to go too.

Edited by Bolt-o... leave politics out.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      What is even worse about that drop by QJ, watch how he isn't even running full speed at the start of that route. If he had been he would have had an easier chance - not that I have confidence he'd catch it.
      Might be by design.

MW is injured too often but he is sorely missed amd he wouldnt of missed that one.
      I also don't understand why Davis isn't in the game on that series? The guy can take a slant or a short route to the house or run a nine route and they just don't use him.

Comment

• Riverwalk
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

I agree with this for the most part. But if you draft a WR that has had issues catching the ball, wouldn’t that be your main focus as a WR coach to fix?

I would love a former WR be the WR coach. Somebody like Andrew Hawkins.
        You can’t coach those catches. You either got it or you don’t. It should have been a routine pass catch your 3, 4, 5th receiver can easily make.

QJ is a bust. Frankly, there were two more catches he should have made in that game that were contested but a Mike Williams would have snagged.

Comment

• Rambler
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • No Cal
          • Civil Research Attorney
          • Send PM

The QJ drop for the win is a drop that happened back in training camp. When he wouldn't put in the extra time on the Juggs machine day after day to improve that. A receiver with hands issues can't just expect things to change without putting in the work to make them change. And that points to character and intangibles that should have shown up during the interview process.

I remember how smug the front office was in the post-draft interviews about what a great pick QJ was. Same vibe when they picked McKitty three rounds early. And AJ Woods. This is a front office fail. A front office thinking it is smarter than all of the other teams. Never trade down, even when you're reaching a round or more to pick that position that you think that you need. This is a talent acquisition league, and you can't continue to reach for players to fill holes when much better players are available. Take the talent, and count on your coaching staff to figure it out.

The defense is a huge coaching fail. If you were designing a defense to play to make Jordan Love look good, this was the defense to pick. Soft zone, occasional coverage of tight ends by linemen. Some on the players, bad tackling. But tentative, passive, hope the other team makes an unforced error defense. I'm sick of it.

Fire Telesco. Fire Staley. Now. Make a statement that you want to win, and that everyone is held accountable. Otherwise you have what you've had for almost all of the Spanos era (or is it spelled error?) An underperforming team, front office and coaching staff that is wasting the career of a pro bowl calibre quarterback-- again.

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

It was well publicized that QJ was a gamble as being boom or bust. I’d say neither, just mediocre. I also bet the pick was green lighted by the Spanos’. Nothing can be done about crappy owners who fancy themselves as “football men.”

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Norv took the team further.

The difference is they haven’t had a competent GM since Butler who set Marty and Norv up with dominant trenches.
              Agreed. Butler drafted Tomlinson and Brees back to back as his first two picks. Nailed 2 hall of famers.
              And he found UFDA Gates. Marty move udfa Deilman from defense to offense and got a pro bowl LG.

The Spanos fired a 14-2 coach over policy. Not over winning or losing games. But policy that is clearly hypocritical. And that why there is Chargering. The football gods don't like the hypocritical nepotism. Dean Daddy didn't want to give him the team, wanted him to earn his own way. But Mom talked Dad into it. And this is what you get. A guy who likely could not even run a starbucks franchise successful, trying to compete in the NFL. And renting his team stadium. The other owners look down on him. And he knows it. He sits in the corner of the owner meetings with a dunce cap on. Please sell the team.
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• BoltFan4evr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2023
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                wtFUCK is wrong with rd1 pick? guy cant catch ANYTHING! I dont care for PIs when they were barely PIs. Be STRONG at the point of attack, CATCH THE DAMN BALL! You MIGHT just get more yards if you CATCH THE DAMN BALL instead of hoping for a PI. And people wonder why Justin doesnt look his way. FUCK you quentin brick-hands!

Comment

• BoltFan4evr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2023
                  • Send PM

I am with ya he sucks

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

I hope QJ is inactive for the rest of the season. I don’t care if they are playing all PS guys. He doesn’t belong on an NFL field

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      What is even worse about that drop by QJ, watch how he isn't even running full speed at the start of that route. If he had been he would have had an easier chance - not that I have confidence he'd catch it.
                      I'll do you one better...
                      his previous drops would have been catches if he mustered a bit more physicality, even body-catching them would have worked. So you'd think he would think to himself, man, I can't drop another ball.
                      on the last drop, it actually bounced off his leg giving him a second chance to catch it----maybe by falling on top of the ball even, no, he tries to catch it with his hands in stride.
                      Just a lack of head in the game, no balls, no urgency.
                      a big, dumb, soft wide receiver waiting for perfect passes.
                      I dislike everything about this mind set, especially for a young guy with so much to prove.
                      Absolutely pathetic.
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

There is no self preservation. He would be firing his 3rd HC. There is no way he doesn't go as well. Only the inept Spanos would allow Telesco a 4th HC. That won't ever work.
                        You mean he will be firing his 3rd HC, no?
                        Would is speculative, and there is nothing speculative about Staley's future in L.A..

NO one has any sentimentality about Telesco's time in L.A. other than his soulmate - little john.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                          I hope QJ is inactive for the rest of the season. I don’t care if they are playing all PS guys. He doesn’t belong on an NFL field
                          He won't be, but I find it hard to imagine Herbert will look his way very often.

Comment

Working...
                          X