Ravens at Chargers (+3.5) Pregame Discussion (Wk 12)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caslon
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I'm not so sure about that. He still has one more season on his contract and QJ is looking a bust.
    Yep. He’ll have the off season to start next training camp fit as a fiddle. No way will the Chargers dump or trade him. He still had 6.5 sacks this season. What will be really telling is if can’t go the first three games without injuring some part of his body again.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

I'm not so sure about that. He still has one more season on his contract and QJ is looking a bust.
      His current contract would be $20m. $3m bonus in March and $17m regular season salary - not all guaranteed. So he can be released and they can save $20m of cap space

If MW is back - its because Telesco is still the GM &/or he takes a decent pay cut. But again, even if he takes a paycut to $10m - what are the odds he stays healthy. And he is coming off an ACL injury

Bosa, Mack and Williams - new coaching staff and front office - they don't have the allegiance. If one of them is back, my guess it will be Mack at a reduced contract.

Comment

• Rugger05
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

The Chargers are in cap HELL in 2024 and having two 25 million dollar receiver's plus two 25 million dollar edge players (Mack & Bosa) is not in the cards. I thought it would be KA & Bosa that are here next year but I think it might be KA & Mack

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post

The Chargers are in cap HELL in 2024 and having two 25 million dollar receiver's plus two 25 million dollar edge players (Mack & Bosa) is not in the cards. I thought it would be KA & Bosa that are here next year but I think it might be KA & Mack
          Thats my guess as well at this point. Granted, Mack is scheduled to make $23m next year -- so even that one

Bosa, Williams, SJD and Kendricks - I think none are back

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post

Why on earth would you pay that money not to make the playoffs? We can do that cheaper and hopefully build a young foundation that can really win. Obviously need the right architect and coach though

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Thats my guess as well at this point. Granted, Mack is scheduled to make $23m next year -- so even that one

Bosa, Williams, SJD and Kendricks - I think none are back
              Nor should they be

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Hec with Andrews. Their offense is pretty loaded. Just means Flowers , Bateman, OBJ will get more throws their way and we can't cover nobody.

Gus Edwards is a plodder but he gets the job done and then they have the rookie scat back Keaton Mitchell.

Why can't we find these RBs?
                Our scouts suck. I guess having a decent OL would help. Always falling short there.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

LOL! I think this is Brian Staley's specialty. I really think he's in over his head and it's actually better for both parties to part ways. Staley needs to learn from others in the NFL and the Charger's need better overall team management.
                  Brandon might make a useful position coach under a top vet DC. He hasn't shown much skill at producing a quality team effort where the different units play complementary ball. I say MIGHT because I see guys with skills out of position to use them.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2023
                    • Send PM

The only win I can take from the Packers game is Bosa being alright.

I know he’s heading to IR but an Achilles would’ve been devastating. Especially to him as an edge rusher.

when he was crying like that. I thought Achilles. Everybody thought Achilles.

We have the depth to offset it Tutu Mack and Fox.

just gotta root and see what they can do. They’ll show up and beat the Ravens. I assure you we are winning this game 28-21.

but with this team they can’t seem to put good winning streaks together. So we’ll see.

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                      The only win I can take from the Packers game is Bosa being alright.

I know he’s heading to IR but an Achilles would’ve been devastating. Especially to him as an edge rusher.

when he was crying like that. I thought Achilles. Everybody thought Achilles.

We have the depth to offset it Tutu Mack and Fox.

just gotta root and see what they can do. They’ll show up and beat the Ravens. I assure you we are winning this game 28-21.

but with this team they can’t seem to put good winning streaks together. So we’ll see.
                      I agree.... most players who leave field crying know that they are done for at least the season.... not a pulled hamy..... so not having an ACL or an achillies, is great news for him..... I assume his money his tooo great to keep him now that Herbert has the new super expensive contract.....(especially with injury history)..... maybe trade him to SF for Young?,,,,,,nahhhh.... they are smart and would never do that..... lol

Ravens are the first team we have played that has a great offense, and a truely great defense....

Chargers have enough talent to keep the game close for awhile.... but eventually Chargers serious lack of coaching (when a stupid coach over his head says we will keep doing what is not working and says he does not care what fans think...inferring he is an elite snob who thinks he knows way more than all of us...and deserves to be fired) and player talent will get us beat.... solidly.....

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        Hec with Andrews. Their offense is pretty loaded. Just means Flowers , Bateman, OBJ will get more throws their way and we can't cover nobody.

Gus Edwards is a plodder but he gets the job done and then they have the rookie scat back Keaton Mitchell.

Why can't we find these RBs?
                        Our scouts suck. I guess having a decent OL would help. Always falling short there.
                        reason we dont find backs like that or other talent, is that our front office thinks once they have one good back and 2 good receivers they dont draft them anymore till those guys get old.... great teams have philosophy of always improving talent whenever they can.....Chargers philosophy is do the minimum....

49ers when they had a DL with 4 or 5 first rounders on it, still drafted another pass rusher when available..... they also traded for McCaffrey when they were loaded with solid RB's..... they traded for Young their great DL was not great enough yet.... Eagles drafted the best DL in last years draft even though their pass rush was best in NFL...... that is what great teams do....

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2023
                          • Send PM

There’s a silver lining. Every game loss brings us closer to Brock Bowers or Marvin Harrison jr.

Comment

Working...
                          X