• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cmplxgal
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • New Jersey
    • Send PM

Gates made it to the round of 15 today. (So did Rodney Harrison, which is more than a little surprising to me):

Julius Peppers, Antonio Gates highlight modern-era finalists for Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2024

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

There’s no way AG cannot be first ballot inductee. How can the all time NFL career TE TD leader not be first ballot? not one TE in the history of the planet scored as many TDs as he did.

I don’t see Rodney even worthy of consideration, personally. He was an able journeyman
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
        There’s no way AG cannot be first ballot inductee. How can the all time NFL career TE TD leader not be first ballot? not one TE in the history of the planet scored as many TDs as he did.

I don’t see Rodney even worthy of consideration, personally. He was an able journeyman
        wasn't Rodney hit with HGH suspension during his NE days? is that the PED that folks are talking about?
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• colorado
          Fan since '62
          • Jun 2023
          • Desert Rat
          • Nothing but time on my hands
          • Send PM

Antonio Gates should be a no brainer One and done
          Last edited by colorado; 12-27-2023, 11:01 PM.

Comment

• ChargersFan12345
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2023
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
            Absolutely!!!

Now they need to ask him if he wants to be the TEs coach.
            Chargers did ask him and he declined, he said he did not want the pressure of being a coach, I can not say I blame him

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersFan12345 View Post

Chargers did ask him and he declined, he said he did not want the pressure of being a coach, I can not say I blame him
              At least they asked. Now go ask Greg Olson

Comment

• ChargersFan12345
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2023
                • Send PM

At least they asked. Now go ask Greg Olson
                Chargers already interviewed Olson and passed on him because Chargers were not impressed with his interview

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersFan12345 View Post

Chargers already interviewed Olson and passed on him because Chargers were not impressed with his interview
                  Well we know that this team has sucked at picking their coaches. So I’ll hope the next front office and HC will interview Olson again.

Comment

• ChargersFan12345
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2023
                    • Send PM

Well we know that this team has sucked at picking their coaches. So I’ll hope the next front office and HC will interview Olson again.
                    Good luck with that

Comment

• FoutsFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Birmingham AL
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      Wasn't he suspended for murder?
                      jk.
                      He was never suspended for it, they just looked the other way.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
                        I don't know how Patrick Willis was not a first-ballot Hall of Famer. Eight years, six-time All-Pro, seven-time Pro Bowler. Some say it's because he didn't play long enough, yet Gale Sayers was a first-ballot Hall of Famer who played only 68 games in seven seasons. Calvin Johnson made fewer All-Pro teams and Pro Bowls than Willis in nine years and was a first-ballot Hall of Famer. Did Wills need to play three or four mediocre or worse seasons in addition to his outstanding eight years to have a long enough career to be a first-ballot? It makes no sense.

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        Floyd Little is in. He played 9 years and only has 6300 rushing yards. Eddie George is on this list and he played 9 years. He isnt a HOF in my book. He only averaged 4 YPC or better twice. Career its 3.6. Only had 1 run over 50 yards. Yeah he has 10000+ yards but not dynamic at all imo. Just fed the ball often. One year he had 403 carries. Thats killing the guy.

Terrell Davis played 7 years and he is in. His last 3 years he was a shell of himself and still got in.
                        The players mentioned are players on offense. Players on offense get more publicity than players on defense.

Zach Thomas isn't as impressive when you compare his accomplishments to Patrick Willis. Zach Thomas is in because of longevity, but it doesn't add up. Calvin Johnson ended his career too soon just like Willis, and in the same draft class, yet he is in. That's probably because of the fact that Calvin Johnson is an offensive player.

There was a time when the MVP could go to a defensive player. But not anymore. Rule changes over the years caused things to be ridiculously in favor of the offense.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

greatest TE of Chargers history.

sucks they never won a championship.

Comment

Working...
                          X