• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinabolt
    Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
    • Feb 2015
    • Send PM

Bosa was one of my favorite college players. He was my prefer pick in the draft. One of my favorite picks. I still have high hope for him. He seems like a reserved and quiet kid. His family and agents are running the show and are responsible for this shit. Gate and LT went through it before, that's why they regret their hold outs and urge Bosa "sometime you got to come out and be a man". Be a man and told your family, your agents "xxxx this, get me to the field, you guys are hurting my career and hurts my readiness for this season".
    Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• vinabolt
      Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
      • Feb 2015
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      I stand corrected.
      If this 100% thing is true then they would looking real bad like a bunch of clowns. They should have doing whatever they feel like they need to be doing a long time ago.

Now, everybody, including the agents' world will see this as the Chargers are panic and caving. They will continue to follow Bosa's style when representing other rookies against SD in the future. We would see some more holdouts in the next few years at least.
      Last edited by vinabolt; 08-29-2016, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Interesting - took an agent switch to get it done:

Chargers, Joey Bosa a done deal, at last
        By Michael Gehlken | 11:41 a.m. Aug. 29, 2016

Joey Bosa is in the building.

At last.

The Chargers have signed their No. 3 overall pick, sources said Monday morning. He is in San Diego, set to have his first practice with the team Tuesday. Bosa had been absent from the club since mid-June, as the team and his agent worked to settle a contract dispute that largely centered on the payout of his signing bonus.

The dispute has been settled.

Bosa has a chance now to be on the field Sept. 11 for the season opener against the Chiefs. His role, however, could be limited initially as he works himself into football shape; he is not ready to go 60 defensive snaps. It is possible that Darius Philon will start at left defensive end while Bosa, 21, works in the Chargers' sub-packages. All of that will be determined in advance of the opener.

The key thing for the Chargers was to get Bosa here first.

Finally, he's here.

A critical development in closing the cap between the two sides was a switching of the agent who led Bosa's negotiations, sources said. The change came after Chargers President of Football Operations John Spanos went public last Wednesday, saying the team had made its best offer and agent Brian Ayrault turned it down. In the days that followed, a transfer occurred from Ayrault to Todd France, both of whom work for CAA and co-represent Bosa. "Good cop, bad cop," one source called it, referring to CAA's negotiation tactic.

From there, negotiations restarted to some degree.

On Sunday morning, before the team kicked off against the Vikings at 10 a.m. PT, the Chargers and France agreed to what largely was the team's "best offer" from last week, one featuring 85 percent cash payout of Bosa's $17 million signing bonus, or about $14.45 million, this calendar year, sources said. The rest will be deferred to next March. Roster bonus language was a notable difference, a source said, from last week's offer.

Neither France nor Ayrault returned a call seeking comment.

Spanos declined comment on the agent movement or contract specifics.

"I prefer to keep the details quiet, but I would like to thank Todd France for his professionalism and his help in getting this deal done," Spanos said.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by vinabolt View Post
          Wow, if this is true then they would looking real bad like a bunch of clowns. They should have doing whatever they feel like they need to be doing a long time ago.

Now, everybody, including the agents' world will see this as the Chargers are panic and caving. They will continue to follow Bosa's style when representing other rookies against SD in the future. We should see some more holdouts in the next few years at least.
          How is that? They are paying the 85% like they said and also get the offset language they wanted.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            My lead into this signing came from a source close to France. France told my source he signed. Then he texted me. So this totally makes sense now.

Comment

• vinabolt
              Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
              • Feb 2015
              • Send PM

This seems like a game of face saving by Bosa's side, especially the CAA, after they got hammered in the public.

Comment

• TTK
                EX-Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • America's Finest City
                • Send PM

Not really too surprising. Sounds like Ayrault is a bafoon for not accepting the deal offered last week.

But who cares? Bosa is signed. Let's go!

Comment

• vinabolt
                  Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                  • Feb 2015
                  • Send PM

How is that? They are paying the 85% like they said and also get the offset language they wanted.
                  I was talking about the 100% thing. There are rumors that the Bolts caved and offer 100%, lol.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by vinabolt View Post
                    I was talking about the 100% thing. There are rumors that the Bolts caved and offer 100%, lol.
                    If I understand it, they are getting 100% of the 85% up front (as opposed to having some paid now and some paid before the end of the calendar year). The Chargers can claim they are still paying the 85% and offset they want want and it took an agent switch to get it done. But details are still sketchy so who knows.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Ayrault seems to be the hard-ass here. I wonder if he'll lose any potential biz from next years class.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

The agent switch is Joey Bosa Mom stepped in and said get this deal done I am tired of everybody call me a dumb brod!

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

If I understand it, they are getting 100% of the 85% up front (as opposed to having some paid now and some paid before the end of the calendar year). The Chargers can claim they are still paying the 85% and offset they want want and it took an agent switch to get it done. But details are still sketchy so who knows.
                          Yes part of the payment was to come "Within the calendar year". Sometime in December. I believe he gets 100% of the 85% now and the rest in 2017. I believe that was the concession made by the Chargers. And they get the offset.

Comment

Working...
                          X