• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jubei
    Vagabond Ninja
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    Only thing im doing about the "Stick Train" is hoping it runs off the rails...must not win another game this year...sure, valient, 3 point losses are acceptable...but for the love of god, dont overachieve, kid...I want that 6th pick...
    I'd like for him to score 32 points a game only to have snake-oil's D give up 35. That is a win-win IMO...Stick can play and car salesmen gets the pink slip for his putrid D.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Easton Stick was a four-year starter at Div 1 FCS North Dakota State (he only started 8 games in his first year, 2015). You already know he went 49-3, the most wins by any QB ever at that level. He won FCS national championships in 2015, 2017 & 2018. He holds almost every QB record at NDSU, where the threw for 88 TDs and ran for 41 in his career. He had 8,693 yards passing, 61% completion, 28 INTs. He ran for 2,523 yds and averaged 5.9 ypc. His college QB rating was 159.5. He measured 6-foot-1.2 inches and 220 lbs at the 2019 Combine, and ran a 4.62 40 yd dash. He's slightly larger and somewhat faster than the Bengals' Jake Browning, the Giants' Tommy DeVito and the 49ers' Brock Purdy. He was born and raised in Omaha, Nebraska. The Chargers drafted him (he was scouted by John Spanos ) in the 5th round in 2019. They have kept him on the roster every season, even when they had three QBs. He is 28 years old.

Comment

• northerner
        Charger fan since '79
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I've always liked your take on things. I'm surprised, to be honest, that you don't want the Chargers' QB to excel, and you want the team to lose. All for the sake of draft position. I didn't see that coming from you.
        it's about the end goal - division title, super bowl victory. i hate to see the chargers lose a game, but at this point we are better off losing games this season than winning. going 8-9 (used to be 8-8) is the worst of both worlds: no playoffs and a middle of the road draft pick.

it is sort of like never rooting FOR the raiders, unless they are playing KC and we need KC to lose.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post
          but at this point we are better off losing games this season than winning.
          No, it's never better off to lose games than win. I don't understand that thinking. What is the point of being a fan then? Closing the season with wins is more valuable than draft position.

Comment

• AFboltfan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2018
            • Balboa Park bench
            • Medical Simulation
            • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

it's about the end goal - division title, super bowl victory. i hate to see the chargers lose a game, but at this point we are better off losing games this season than winning. going 8-9 (used to be 8-8) is the worst of both worlds: no playoffs and a middle of the road draft pick.

it is sort of like never rooting FOR the raiders, unless they are playing KC and we need KC to lose.
            Exactly... Understanding the only way things change with this team is for an all out collapse. That doesn't make you any less of a fan.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

No, it's never better off to lose games than win. I don't understand that thinking. What is the point of being a fan then? Closing the season with wins is more valuable than draft position.
              While I don't agree with watching and pulling for the team to lose so they can get a better draft (which has a chance of turning into a bust or dissapointment) or whatever, I do think the mediocrity year in and year has gotten to the point that it can't be ignored.

What's the point of watching now? Especially with Herbert out for the rest of the season. The people who couldn't take the madness anymore have stopped watching and following the team. Others are going to have to do the same.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
                What's the point of watching now?
                That's why I started this thread. Easton Stick may surprise you. Look at Browning in Cinn, DeVito in NY, even Brock Purdy. UDFAs or Mr. Irrelevants making big time plays for their teams. Maybe Stick is our guy like that.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Why if our starting QB ain't gonna play anymore games and this coach and GM are Finally gonna be shown the door?Let alone I'm sure a good amount of these players won't be here next year?Gettin a solid high draft pick player is really the only bright spot in this truly shitty SpAnus induced season.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

I'd like for him to score 32 points a game only to have snake-oil's D give up 35. That is a win-win IMO...Stick can play and car salesmen gets the pink slip for his putrid D.
                    Made my laugh. Now that's a good nickname.
                    I did mention earlier today he should host that show instead of Spade.
                    That Nickname should stick.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

The point of being a fan is too root for your team, you hope for your team to be good, and get to the SB and win it. Still waiting after all these years.

If this were Staley's 1st season, id want to win every game as I usually do.

But I'm so down on this franchise and so tired of shit hires and tired of the owners,...... I now just badly want TT fired and pretty sure Staley is a foregone conclusion. This ownership is breaking me down. Same shit since I been a fan around 10-12 years old. I'm 61.

Telesco needs to go. We aren't in the playoff hunt so let's lose and ship TT out of here, clean house and hope Spanos gets it.
                      They are taking a lot of heat in a very big market. They just can't be stupid and do the same shit. Just can't.

I'm ready to leave if they do.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The point of being a fan is too root for your team, you hope for your team to be good, and get to the SB and win it. Still waiting after all these years.

If this were Staley's 1st season, id want to win every game as I usually do.

But I'm so down on this franchise and so tired of shit hires and tired of the owners,...... I now just badly want TT fired and pretty sure Staley is a foregone conclusion. This ownership is breaking me down. Same shit since I been a fan around 10-12 years old. I'm 61.

Telesco needs to go. We aren't in the playoff hunt so let's lose and ship TT out of here, clean house and hope Spanos gets it.
                        They are taking a lot of heat in a very big market. They just can't be stupid and do the same shit. Just can't.

I'm ready to leave if they do.
                        I think the best we can hope for is two more wins, and 7-10 isn't going to save TT or Staley. I'm going to root for them to win every game. I want Stick to have success. I'm 66 and have been a fan since 1979 - 44 years.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2022
                          • Send PM

I don't really worry about how high a draft pick is in the first. If you have a good general manager and coaching staff, you're going to contend, because they know good players when they evaluate them.

If you're Tom Telesco sometimes you just get flat-out lucky, like when the Rams and Eagles fell in love with Jared Goff and Carson Wentz, and we basically had the first overall pick in the draft at #3 to use on Joey Bosa. Or when the Miami Dolphins selected Tua, leaving Justin Herbert for us. Who knows? Maybe if we lost more games than the Dolphins in 2019 Telesco would have drafted Tua over Herbert. Tanking wouldn't have helped us if that had happened.

Unfortunately Telesco hasn't been nearly as fortunate in the rounds beyond the first for the majority of his tenure. He's actually had to do his job in those rounds, and he hasn't done it well. Hopefully Telesco will finally be out and we'll hire someone who can have more success between the second and seventh rounds.

Comment

Working...
                          X