• Show
Clear All
  • colorado
    Fan since '62
    • Jun 2023
    • Desert Rat
    • Nothing but time on my hands
    • Send PM

Use to play pool with Russ Washington and TE Art Strosure when they lived in the Apartments off Zion and Mission Gourge Road. Hell of a nice guy, told me anytime I felt like playing to come on down. I lived off of Clara Lee street in Allied Gardens. That was up the hill from Mission Gourge. The guy was mellow, big dude. A monster. Best times of my life. Some how I was surrounded by San Diego sports figures. Clarence Gaston of the Padres and Elvin Hayes and Calvin Murphy of the San Diego Rockets when they were both rookies. Met them and got signatures. Don't have them anymore. Bummer.

When I got into doing body work I also met and worked on the cars of Don Sutton, Steve Garvey and Reggie Smiths. A good life time of memories there. Always wondered how I got so lucky.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
      Let's do this!
      • Aug 2022
      • Raleigh N. Carolina
      • Send PM

The Holy Roller, Oilers playoff game, seeing the SB loss in person etc etc.

But on a less painful side.. i knew Fouts would be a practice in LJ scouting for preseason TV gig (he worked for Niners) i found his card at a shop and went to camp.

I forgot to grab a blue sharpie from my desk, but thankfully I had a pen in the glove box...

Sure enough he was there and we talked for a good 15 mins. I took out the card and he happily signed it.

The bad news is that it was a dry erase pen and when I slid the card into my pocket, it wiped the autograph clean off. .

😫😫😫

😆

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

The 06 playoff loss to NE has to be the worst for me. The team was 14-2, stacked with great players on offense and defense, home field advantage throughout, NE was not that good that year, we had the Colts number and knew we would beat them, and the NFC was weak. That should have been the year.

Comment

• UtahBolt
          Did we win?
          • Jun 2013
          • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post
          The 06 playoff loss to NE has to be the worst for me. The team was 14-2, stacked with great players on offense and defense, home field advantage throughout, NE was not that good that year, we had the Colts number and knew we would beat them, and the NFC was weak. That should have been the year.
          Agreed. My wife and I flew in for that game it was devastating to me. I have never felt like that after a game (that I did not play in) before or since. It literally changed the way I watch sports, my fandom is much more reserved, measured and cautious now.
          I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
            Let's do this!
            • Aug 2022
            • Raleigh N. Carolina
            • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post

Agreed. My wife and I flew in for that game it was devastating to me. I have never felt like that after a game (that I did not play in) before or since. It literally changed the way I watch sports, my fandom is much more reserved, measured and cautious now.
            I flew in too.

The topper was when a drunken Pats fan knocked my 60 year old father to the ground in the parking lot.

I almost went to prison that day...

Comment

Working...
            X