• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    LOL, don't you mean #sorryrich?
    I don't think we need to change the name of the title, just make sure that we add the hashtag to the end of this, and any other anti-McCoy threads from now on. And maybe one of the mods can write a script that can detect any anti-McCoy posts and automatically stick that hashtag at the end of each post? Should be fairly easy, just add it to every post for now and it should be about 85% on target.

#sorryrich

Comment

• FiftyFive
      Dean Spanos is a traitor!
      • Dec 2014
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
      McCoy throws Wiz under the bus.
      In fairness, though, Whiz is just as dumb and just as conservative as McCoy. Most fans swept that under the rug because they were so excited that Reich was gone.

Comment

• TTK
        EX-Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • America's Finest City
        • Send PM

Originally posted by FiftyFive View Post
        In fairness, though, Whiz is just as dumb and just as conservative as McCoy. Most fans swept that under the rug because they were so excited that Reich was gone.
        Yep, he did the same crap in Arizona.

That said, I'm still sure as hell much happier with him over Reich.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Whiz is not HC material either. Nor Pagano.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

No, but they are cheap and under contract.
            Tenn is still paying Whiz, so next HC.
            Because Scrooge McSuck.
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
              Tenn is still paying Whiz
              The irony of the Chargers benefiting from this after their stance with Bosa on offsets is just awesome.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                The irony of the Chargers benefiting from this after their stance with Bosa on offsets is just awesome.
                #hypocritefuckwads
                sigpic

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

I don't think there is anything wrong with running the ball and killing the clock. There are so many games were coaches screw up trying to finish teams off, and let them back into games, that I don't think you risk anything more.

The most successful team in recent memory at protecting a 4th quarter lead was the Steelers under Cowher. They had a strong pass rush, played almost exclusively zone D and run the ball up the middle. They were almost unbeatable if they had a 4th quarter lead.

The issue I have is why call a screen pass. The screen is a good general pass to beat a blitz, or even just a hard rush. Benjamin is one of our more dynamic players right now, so it gets the ball in his hands. But KC was looking for a safe simple call like that on 2nd down. Then on 3rd down, they were looking for something safe and simple again, so a bubble screen 2 plays in a row didn't exactly get them off guard. And then top it off that a bubble screen is not a play we run all that well (or haven't in past years). Benjamin may be great at it (or was in Cleveland), but if everyone else struggles at blocking for it, it isn't a great call.

I would rather see a dive up the middle to Gordon, or even to the FB. At least that runs the clock. Plus, we had a lot of success running up the middle prior to that. Maybe not 3 times straight, but put in a couple of TE or even a backup OL and a FB, and just try something simple.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    I don't think there is anything wrong with running the ball and killing the clock. There are so many games were coaches screw up trying to finish teams off, and let them back into games, that I don't think you risk anything more.

The most successful team in recent memory at protecting a 4th quarter lead was the Steelers under Cowher. They had a strong pass rush, played almost exclusively zone D and run the ball up the middle. They were almost unbeatable if they had a 4th quarter lead.

The issue I have is why call a screen pass. The screen is a good general pass to beat a blitz, or even just a hard rush. Benjamin is one of our more dynamic players right now, so it gets the ball in his hands. But KC was looking for a safe simple call like that on 2nd down. Then on 3rd down, they were looking for something safe and simple again, so a bubble screen 2 plays in a row didn't exactly get them off guard. And then top it off that a bubble screen is not a play we run all that well (or haven't in past years). Benjamin may be great at it (or was in Cleveland), but if everyone else struggles at blocking for it, it isn't a great call.

I would rather see a dive up the middle to Gordon, or even to the FB. At least that runs the clock. Plus, we had a lot of success running up the middle prior to that. Maybe not 3 times straight, but put in a couple of TE or even a backup OL and a FB, and just try something simple.
                    I completely agree.
                    The problem with our approach was we didn't run enough time off the clock. The last two possessions were both under 1:30. If you can't run in that situation, at least scale down to just the few plays we can execute, and force them to stop it.
                    sigpic

Comment

• homeless simpson
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

This team doesn't know what it wants to be. It has no identity, that's why it can never stick to whatever is working on any given time of the game.

Thanks Te- eh -sco and Meh-coy for building and molding this team in your image...two plain slices of flavorless folded bread.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                        This team doesn't know what it wants to be. It has no identity, that's why it can never stick to whatever is working on any given time of the game.

Thanks Te- eh -sco and Meh-coy for building and molding this team in your image...two plain slices of flavorless folded bread.
                        I could post a picture of what they are, but I'd probably be banned.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                          I could post a picture of what they are, but I'd probably be banned.
                          I don't think it would be necessary.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X