DOWN GOES WOODHEAD!! DOWN GOES WOODHEAD!!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • captaind
    Cook This Pork Chops
    • Jun 2013
    • Mars
    • Ball Holder
    • Send PM

I hope Woodhead will be back as soon as possible. Don't know what some of you are thinking here.

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
      I hope Woodhead will be back as soon as possible. Don't know what some of you are thinking here.
      Early speculation is a sprained MCL which means he's out 6-8 weeks.

I think that would be good news since that means he'll be back this season.

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I definitely thought it was his head at first.

Feed Melvin.
        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
          What they're thinking is Woodhead has been perceived to be a crutch to this coaching staff, to the detriment of Gordon's development and today sort of demonstrated that.

That said, I hope Woody is back soon but Gordon proved up to the task today.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

I love Woody and he is very important to this team. But its almost predictable what we will do when the 2 are in the game. Id love to get Woody in the slot with Gordon on the field. But something tells me the giant has awakened. And i think Gordon needs to be a bellcow. He is running with authority. He is almost always falling forward. His runs around the corner are scary. Today he hurdled that guy out of bounds but you can just tell he is feeling it. RBs tend to sputter early in their careers. 28 or so. Its nice to think we can preserve Gordon by limiting his carries etc....but this team wins games and goes to the playoffs when we have a 300 carry RB with 1200+ yards rushing. Gordon needs to be unleashed. Use Woody in the passing game with carries sprinkled in. This team reminds me a little of the 2013 team when Mathews finally put together a season with 275 carries. He was our bellcow and he helped us sustain really long drives and clock management by running the ball hard. This team can win a lot of games this year if we can get back to that type of football. Run first and pass off of that. Fresh defense with a good turnover rate. We have some good players on D and should get even better with Bosa. Those missed DT sacks today will be finished with Bosa. QB's escaping a collapsed pocket will be more contained with Bosa.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
              What they're thinking is Woodhead has been perceived to be a crutch to this coaching staff, to the detriment of Gordon's development and today sort of demonstrated that.

That said, I hope Woody is back soon but Gordon proved up to the task today.
              Yes but did he run from the shotgun? Ive heard he cant do that.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                Yes but did he run from the shotgun? Ive heard he cant do that.
                Yep, we did hear that. Of course some posters only seem to show up after a loss so we probably won't hear anything like that this week.

Comment

• RollingThunder
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  Yep, we did hear that. Of course some posters only seem to show up after a loss so we probably won't hear anything like that this week.
                  There's a difference between when you run that play every once in a while than every freaking time. Hello Reich.

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

Get well soon Woody! (sounds like I'm in a Toy Story movie)

Feed the Gorgon! (sounds like I'm in Jason and the Argonauts)
                    sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
                      Disgruntled
                      • Jun 2013
                      • North Alabama
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                      Is Ronnie Hillman still out on the street?
                      CJ Spiller maybe??
                      sigpic

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                        CJ Spiller maybe??
                        I was thinking the same thing. But how is Spiller in protection? That is almost as important to Rivers as the pass catching is for his woodhead replacement.

I also think that we will be pleasantly surprised by the RB we picked up from the Giants. Not as a replacement for what Woodhead does, but as a runner to spell Gordon. Chargers have not had a RB like him since Michael Turner. He is downhill, bruising, has a second gear. You put him in and it will beat the crap out of the defense. And on short yardage he can break it.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• SDFan
                          Woober Goober
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Dolores, CO
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                          Early speculation is a sprained MCL which means he's out 6-8 weeks.

I think that would be good news since that means he'll be back this season.
                          that's what it looked like to me. I did not see the game live, but on TV replays you can see Woody knew he was going to get hit and starting to go down on his own with the defender basically helping collapse him to the ground in the direction he was already falling. You could see the knee buckle under in an awkward looking bend, but did not look like it severely dislocated or bent too far in a direction it isn't able to. My wife is currently on crutches with an MCL sprain and a return in 4 weeks after PT for re-valuation timeline after initial diagnosis was broken Femur and torn ACL. I'm hoping we get the same good news on Woody that it's not as bad as initially feared and he's back in maybe a month. The Silver lining will be if Gordon establishes himself as THE go-to guy In the meantime.
                          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                          X