DOWN GOES WOODHEAD!! DOWN GOES WOODHEAD!!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floydefisher
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • siberiacuse, ny
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    I love Woody and he is very important to this team. But its almost predictable what we will do when the 2 are in the game. Id love to get Woody in the slot with Gordon on the field. But something tells me the giant has awakened. And i think Gordon needs to be a bellcow. He is running with authority. He is almost always falling forward. His runs around the corner are scary. Today he hurdled that guy out of bounds but you can just tell he is feeling it. RBs tend to sputter early in their careers. 28 or so. Its nice to think we can preserve Gordon by limiting his carries etc....but this team wins games and goes to the playoffs when we have a 300 carry RB with 1200+ yards rushing. Gordon needs to be unleashed. Use Woody in the passing game with carries sprinkled in. This team reminds me a little of the 2013 team when Mathews finally put together a season with 275 carries. He was our bellcow and he helped us sustain really long drives and clock management by running the ball hard. This team can win a lot of games this year if we can get back to that type of football. Run first and pass off of that. Fresh defense with a good turnover rate. We have some good players on D and should get even better with Bosa. Those missed DT sacks today will be finished with Bosa. QB's escaping a collapsed pocket will be more contained with Bosa.
    Excellent analysis.....and it's time for me to admit I might have been wrong proclaiming Gordon to be a bust due to microfracture surgery.

Assuming this continues, we need an appropriate punishment for me to man up and do. Your call.
    sigpic

Comment

• KNSD
      Registered Charger Hater
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      I love Woody and he is very important to this team. But its almost predictable what we will do when the 2 are in the game. Id love to get Woody in the slot with Gordon on the field. But something tells me the giant has awakened. And i think Gordon needs to be a bellcow. He is running with authority. He is almost always falling forward. His runs around the corner are scary. Today he hurdled that guy out of bounds but you can just tell he is feeling it. RBs tend to sputter early in their careers. 28 or so. Its nice to think we can preserve Gordon by limiting his carries etc....but this team wins games and goes to the playoffs when we have a 300 carry RB with 1200+ yards rushing. Gordon needs to be unleashed. Use Woody in the passing game with carries sprinkled in. This team reminds me a little of the 2013 team when Mathews finally put together a season with 275 carries. He was our bellcow and he helped us sustain really long drives and clock management by running the ball hard. This team can win a lot of games this year if we can get back to that type of football. Run first and pass off of that. Fresh defense with a good turnover rate. We have some good players on D and should get even better with Bosa. Those missed DT sacks today will be finished with Bosa. QB's escaping a collapsed pocket will be more contained with Bosa.
      Never really a fan of 2 HBs in the game at once. If the defense is smart it goes to a nickel package because neither HBs can block.

If they can both pass block AND are receiving threats, then lining up both in the backfield is a decent idea, but putting one in the slot is like... just put a WR who specializes in that stuff there instead.
      Prediction:
      Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
      Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
      Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Foxbatkllr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

Per Adam Schefter, Chargers pretty certain Woodhead tore his ACL but still waiting official MRI results.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Damn, Allen and Woodhead gone in back to back weeks. The injury hits just never stop coming with this team.

Comment

• Buck
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Woodhead is out for the season.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
              CJ Spiller maybe??
              I did a little reading, and what I read is that Spiller has been a liability in pass pro since he came into the NFL and it has not really changed. So I bet the Chargers pass on him. I just hope they don't singe Ronnie Brown!

Ronnie Hilmann is out there. So is Fred Jackson. Maybe Ahmad Bradshaw. That is about it, I think.

Sounds like Farrow and Gordon are going to have to grow up in a hurry and become 3rd down backs. Farrow might actually be able to pull it off. He looked good out of the backfield and in pass pro in preseason

TG
              Last edited by Heatmiser; 09-19-2016, 12:00 PM.
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • SoDak
                • Technology Director
                • Send PM

I think we'll be fine with Farrow. But maybe we'll need another WR. Woody did a lot of pass catching stuff.

Make a move, T2. Make a move.
                "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• SDFan
                  Woober Goober
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Dolores, CO
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Buck View Post
                  Woodhead is out for the season.
                  source or link?
                  Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Asela
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2014
                    • Send PM

Dexter McCluster knows Whisenhunts offense and was cut by Tennessee. He can do some things that Woodhead did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Asela
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2014
                      • Send PM

DOWN GOES WOODHEAD!! DOWN GOES WOODHEAD!!!!

What's sad, imagine if this team was healthy (Allen and Woodhead) at the end of the season, we could've made a strong run. This offense is 1 pt shy of the top scoring offense in the NFL after 2 weeks.

Whisenhunt needs to use Henry with Gates, one will always be singled covered and Rivers of protected will eat up Zone.

For whatever reason, McCoy never looks at his own staff for the reasons why the Chargers have suffered the most injuries in his tenure as HC. (I saw stat about that for the '14-15 seasons).

Last edited by Asela; 09-19-2016, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Asela View Post
                        Dexter McCluster knows Whisenhunts offense and was cut by Tennessee. He can do some things that Woodhead did

I would be in favor of bringing in Ronnie Hillman or CJ Spiller I don't think any of them offer a lot in pass protection but I would take one of them over McCluster. Hillman and Spiller are bigger backs and both better runners than McCluster. If you thought we were tipping the hat that we were passing with Woodhead, then McCluster is even even more obvious its a pass!

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                          source or link?
                          Here's where I just read the news.

Bad news for the San Diego Chargers: the MRI is back on Danny Woodhead’s right knee, and it confirmed the team’s worst fears – Woodhead tore his ACL and is done for the year. Woodhead played in all 16 games for San Diego in 2015 and was one of the most versatile backs in the NFL. The 31-year old Woodhead left Sunday’s game against the Jacksonville Jaguars toward the end of the first quarter, grabbing his knee after a four-yard reception.

Comment

Working...
                          X