• Show
Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Ok...here it is...a Chargers mock draft, in response to Wu's "thrown gauntlet"...challenge was accepted by me, evidently on behalf of TPB, so feel free to make your own contributions...

The rules are simple...no trades, and AZ took the trade deal, so every non-qb is still on the board at #5....and this is a predictive mock...what you think Jim and Joe will actually do...

Lone Bolt's Final 2024 Mock Chargers Draft

1. J.C. Latham OT Alabama-We sent our oline coach to Alabama pro day to work with J.C. personally...did he come back to LA and give Jim a thumbs up? I say he did...a bulldozer on the right side that is perfect for this scheme. It all starts with the oline.

2. Junior Colson LB Michigan-The first of many Michigan players in this draft. Jim knows these guys, trusts them, they know how to live, work, and play on a Harbaugh team, and in a Harbaugh system...Colson and Henley will compliment each other well with their strengths in the coming years

3. Mike Sainristil CB Michigan-This will be our slot corner, primarily. Damn good football player, who does everything well, and plays bigger than his size.

4a. Brenden Rice WR USC- Big outside receiver with nice catch radius, who brings the physicality and traits that fit well into Jim's scheme.

4b. Zak Zinter OG Michigan- Seems like all the pundits and services think this guy will still be here...but I got him just a few points below Cooper Beebe...big, powerful guard who seems to be a bargain because of a broken leg? Fine...we'll take him. Even after missing significant time, he was still voted unanimous All-American...his tape is good...a true powergap RG.

5.Hunter Nourzad OC Penn St.- Great prospect who can back up the interior while he understudies Bozeman for his place as our future center.

6. Tanner MacLachlan TE Arizona- Good sized prospect, possessing what I saw as undersold receiving skills...the tape was good...very good hands. I'm higher on him than others.

7. Kimani Vidal RB Troy- Big, athletic power back with wiggle...and only 5'7"? Defenses are gonna have a hard time finding him behind our mammoth oline...and by the time they do, he'll be bowling them over...

8. Fabian Lovett DT Florida State- Great size prospect, as DL goes...Ben Herbert knocks some of the baby fat off him, and Minter's staff coaches him up, he could be a steal...really flashed at times, and plays strong.

Post draft commentary

-Hard decision between Colson and a DT at 37...including Jenkins...but I think Junior is gonna be the Captain of this defense in the near future...true leader.

-I do hope trades happen...would love another pick in the top 100...

-If we do go WR at #5, I'm calling my shot...it will be Odunze.

-I love the 3 paths we are looking at, trade back or not....WR, Oline, or Bowers...it's gonna be a blast on draft night...the anticipation...but outside of predicting...and as much as I will love probably any WR or RT they select...it's still Brock Bowers for me. That will be the pick that has me leaping outta the chair and screaming LFG!
    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Wow! Our mocks are very similar... nice job!
      Wouldn't that #23 pick put the cherry on top...?

Remember, more is more.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2020
        • Oklahoma
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Looks like we've got a new nickname for TT: "The Zig-Zag Man"...if he says he's zigging, especially since it's Liar's Month, he's probably just ahem, blowing smoke...

image.png
        By pick 10 sans the no brainers Herbie and Slater, Tommy T was usually on his second zig zag?

Comment

• Jrock1970
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2024
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
          Ok...here it is...a Chargers mock draft, in response to Wu's "thrown gauntlet"...challenge was accepted by me, evidently on behalf of TPB, so feel free to make your own contributions...

The rules are simple...no trades, and AZ took the trade deal, so every non-qb is still on the board at #5....and this is a predictive mock...what you think Jim and Joe will actually do...

1. J.C. Latham OT Alabama-We sent our oline coach to Alabama pro day to work with J.C. personally...did he come back to LA and give Jim a thumbs up? I say he did...a bulldozer on the right side that is perfect for this scheme. It all starts with the oline.

2. Junior Colson LB Michigan-The first of many Michigan players in this draft. Jim knows these guys, trusts them, they know how to live, work, and play on a Harbaugh team, and in a Harbaugh system...Colson and Henley will compliment each other well with their strengths in the coming years

3. Mike Sainristil CB Michigan-This will be our slot corner, primarily. Damn good football player, who does everything well, and plays bigger than his size.

4a. Brenden Rice WR USC- Big outside receiver with nice catch radius, who brings the physicality and traits that fit well into Jim's scheme.

4b. Zak Zinter OG Michigan- Seems like all the pundits and services think this guy will still be here...but I got him just a few points below Cooper Beebe...big, powerful guard who seems to be a bargain because of a broken leg? Fine...we'll take him. Even after missing significant time, he was still voted unanimous All-American...his tape is good...a true powergap RG.

5.Hunter Nourzad OC Penn St.- Great prospect who can back up the interior while he understudies Bozeman for his place as our future center.

6. Tanner MacLachlan TE Arizona- Good sized prospect, possessing what I saw as undersold receiving skills...the tape was good...very good hands. I'm higher on him than others.

7. Kimani Vidal RB Troy- Big, athletic power back with wiggle...and only 5'7"? Defenses are gonna have a hard time finding him behind our mammoth oline...and by the time they do, he'll be bowling them over...

8. Fabian Lovett DT Florida State- Great size prospect, as DL goes...Ben Herbert knocks some of the baby fat off him, and Minter's staff coaches him up, he could be a steal...really flashed at times, and plays strong.

Post draft commentary

-Hard decision between Colson and a DT at 37...including Jenkins...but I think Junior is gonna be the Captain of this defense in the near future...true leader.

-I love the 3 paths we are looking at, trade back or not....WR, Oline, or Bowers...it's gonna be a blast on draft night...the anticipation...but outside of predicting...and as much as I will love probably any WR or RT they select...it's still Brock Bowers for me. That will be the pick that has me leaping outta the chair and screaming LFG!
          I like most of it 😁 . Only way I'm taking a tackle in 1st is if we trade down (Fuaga) or take Latham or Alt @ 5 and trade back into 1st to get a DT or WR. I would also take Cooper before Colson but would be happy with either. The rest of it is 👌. Btw, most of my (lots) recent mocks with no trades both Harrison and Odunze were avail @ 5 and that complicates things for me 🤣. I am however really keen on trading down for the right price....and that definately changes how at least 1/2 of the board plays out. Nice draft though🙂. I'm just not Sure after listening to Horitz that it's a case of what Jim will do???
          If Harbaugh had final say our whole draft would be Wolverines

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Clearly there is work to be done.

TOOL (s).
            Remember that term.
            Players, coaches, draftniks all need it.

wu has...
            --a commercial grade weed wacker to get in the weeds and find nuggets for TPB.
            --a high sensitivity metal detector to comb the beach for heavy metal prospects.
            --access to the woodeye Scouting Bureau Super Computer.

Good night and good luck.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Post draft commentary

Nice job. I think a draft with no trades would be tough with all we need and I'm certain we will trade somewhere.

​​​Mine would be same positions but just a little different with MHJ at 5. With what I did Colson would be gone so...love it, but didn't work for me. But love Jenkins too and we need a solid DT.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-19-2024, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

I don’t see NE passing up Mayes if he falls to them, but getting MHJ is always great.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I could live with that.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                    I don’t see NE passing up Mayes if he falls to them, but getting MHJ is always great.

NE would be crazy to do that

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2020
                      • Oklahoma
                      • Send PM

Almost Final Mock Draft. Some of you here and other pundits have converted me to some high floor and safer Wolverines. Dobbins and Mason now take RB and TE out for me, unless maybe Bowers is there at 11.
                      Will be very interesting to see how many Michigan UDFAs want to come to the Chargers.

11 Fuaga RT/G
                      23 Murphy/ Newton DT
                      37 Cooper/Colson LB
                      69 Sanristil CB
                      105 Rice WR
                      110 Mason McCormick G/C
                      140 McCaffrey WR
                      181 Ryan Watts CB/S
                      225 Harrell Edge
                      253 Frank Crum T

Also get a 4th now our 3rd next year from MN
                      Last edited by Leslie Grossman; 04-20-2024, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2020
                        • Oklahoma
                        • Send PM

As far as Sanristil in the 1st:
                        Just can’t see it at that size, reminds me of Clark Phillips last year. Many of us liked him in the 2nd or 3rd but he went in the 4th.
                        Last edited by Leslie Grossman; 04-20-2024, 09:36 AM.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Windsor, U.K.
                          • Send PM

Tanner Maclachlan's tape is really good. Seems to always be open on the second level, almost like the D doesn't care that he's there!
                          Good hands, great catch radius, hurdles tacklers! He'd be a major improvement over Parham.
                          If he's there in the 6th, he's a no brainer.

Comment

Working...
                          X