• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Williams is freaking beast. Imagine him lining up opposite to Allen with Williams in the slot and Gates/Henry at TE. If only our oline didn't suck.

Comment

• KNSD
      Registered Charger Hater
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

How did the announcers get the idea that it was a pick plan on that last TD pass. The Alabama CB mauled the outside receiver.
      Prediction:
      Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
      Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
      Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• FiftyFive
        Dean Spanos is a traitor!
        • Dec 2014
        • Send PM

Originally posted by FiftyFive View Post
        Would definitely like to see Hunter Renfrow on the Chargers - a clutch receiver who makes big-time plays in big-time games.
        Like I said... we need to get Renfrow as soon as he's available. Guy is just the definition of clutch.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I had been thinking Watson was worth a second to groom behind Rivers. But after tonight, I think he's a first rounder. He needs work but he has a lot of admirable skills.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

Watson has great tools, but needs a lot of work on reading defenses and footwork. He could be successful right away in a Zach Prescott sort of way, but you can't put him in our offense and think he would be sucessful. The million dollar question is can you teach him to read defenses and go through his progressions? The footwork is easy, it just takes enough reps under center. Youcan teach him to call plays in the huddle and audible, but I am not sure everyone can be taught how to read defenses.

Comment

• MakoShark
              Disgruntled
              • Jun 2013
              • North Alabama
              • Send PM

From Bama Land this is the crying I've heard so far:

1. The announcers were all for Clemson! (BS. I had to mute the TV during the 1st half due to all the Bama ball washing. Bama people always bitch about the announcers for some reason. Especially Gary Danielson, and he loves Bama!?)

2. Its Lane Kiffins fault! He screwed up our offense! (LOL, riiiiiiight)

3. <to deflect the subject> Did you see the people down in Auburn? They rolled Toomers! (Oh the audacity! Who cares?! I've always said Bama people have an unhealthy obsession with the trees at Toomers. No one from Bama should ever say anything about those trees. EVER!)

By the way, I failed to notice, did Saban shake Dabo Swinneys hand after the game? It wouldn't be out of character for him if he didn't and just bolted for the locker room.
              sigpic

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

ESPN had multiple feeds for homer simulcasts for both Alabama and Clemson... all they needed to do was to tune into their feed.

I didn't see the handshake, because they immediately had the camera on Watson right after the game. I'm pretty sure that the teams tried to do the handshakes, but it was almost like the press rushed the field.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

Would definitely like to see Hunter Renfrow on the Chargers - a clutch receiver who makes big-time plays in big-time games.
                  Isn't he already playing Right Field for the Padres? :smile:

Comment

• FiftyFive
                    Dean Spanos is a traitor!
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                    Isn't he already playing Right Field for the Padres? :smile:

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...nt=oft03a-1la1
                    Hey, if the Chargers stay in town, they could easily cross-promote with the Padres. I can see the billboards and posters now. "The Score Offices of Renfroe & Renfrow: Getting Hits and Putting Up Six."

Comment

• MakoShark
                      Disgruntled
                      • Jun 2013
                      • North Alabama
                      • Send PM

Hey, if the Chargers stay in town, they could easily cross-promote with the Padres. I can see the billboards and posters now. "The Score Offices of Renfroe & Renfrow: Getting Hits and Putting Up Six."
                      That's actually not bad. Well done :smile:
                      sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
                        Disgruntled
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Alabama
                        • Send PM

And there it is...

I knew it was only a matter of time before this would come up. Now the Roll Tiders are blaming the Refs. The comments section is entertaining. If they want to split hairs over calls then Bama's 1st TD should have been called back for the obvious holds (form tackles really) by Howard and Robinson. And, they should have lost their safety, Tony Brown, in 1st half for targeting on Mike Williams. Day 2 and the office is still full of whiners.

In the search for why Alabama lost Monday night, one Tide player pointed to the officiating contributing to the Tide's stunning collapse.
                        sigpic

Comment

fender57
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Squawks take the early lead on the Falcons.

Comment

Working...
                          X