It's Game day and this is your Chargers at Indy game day thread!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chargerkdb
    Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Hotter than hell, Georgia
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Pussy View Post
    My bad for getting excited about this team after beating a bad team last week. That was pure rookie.

Right now I see us winning four or five games this season. Those other winnable games are against the Saints, Dolphins, Browns, and Titans. That's it.
    The Saints could put up 600 yds on this defense

Comment

• FiftyFive
      Dean Spanos is a traitor!
      • Dec 2014
      • Send PM

My bad for getting excited about this team after beating a bad team last week. That was pure rookie.

Right now I see us winning four or five games this season. Those other winnable games are against the Saints, Dolphins, Browns, and Titans. That's it.
      Losing to any of those teams wouldn't shock me. Even the Browns. Remember, they gifted us a win against them last year with a penalty on a shanked FG.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Well I'm not down on the team. Yea, today sucked, and I'm concerned about our record. But I think we'll be good going forward. Our defense is not as awful as it has been in previous years - just as unclutch as ever, but not so terrible. That new dude, Reid, is fast as fuck. And the new corner, Hayward, is pretty good.

Offensively, we have a center. We can block. This is a huge-ass step from the past 2 years and from 4 of the past 5 seasons. I don't like that our coach quit on the running game too often again today. But at least, this year, as opposed to previous years, we're good enough that I can at least critique the coach. In previous years, I felt like it didn't matter what the coach did - we were fucked.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lightningwill_420 View Post
          Well I'm not down on the team. Yea, today sucked, and I'm concerned about our record. But I think we'll be good going forward. Our defense is not as awful as it has been in previous years - just as unclutch as ever, but not so terrible. That new dude, Reid, is fast as fuck. And the new corner, Hayward, is pretty good.

Offensively, we have a center. We can block. This is a huge-ass step from the past 2 years and from 4 of the past 5 seasons. I don't like that our coach quit on the running game too often again today. But at least, this year, as opposed to previous years, we're good enough that I can at least critique the coach. In previous years, I felt like it didn't matter what the coach did - we were fucked.
          I think I would feel exactly like what you're talking about here IF the Colts weren't missing so many players. Luck never should have had time to throw in the 4th quarter. His o-line was made of rookies and rejects at that point (and one banged up vet that kept going in and out). Yet we couldn't/didn't put the hammer down when it counted. That tells me we have a pathetic defense when we play against a decent QB. Mainly because we can't get a consistent pass rush against even the worst of o-lines. Or at least when we need it most. That's called choking in my book. We choke a lot. That's what losers do. That's harsh but it seems true.
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I think I would feel exactly like what you're talking about here IF the Colts weren't missing so many players. Luck never should have had time to throw in the 4th quarter. His o-line was made of rookies and rejects at that point (and one banged up vet that kept going in and out). Yet we couldn't/didn't put the hammer down when it counted. That tells me we have a pathetic defense when we play against a decent QB. Mainly because we can't get a consistent pass rush against even the worst of o-lines. Or at least when we need it most. That's called choking in my book. We choke a lot. That's what losers do. That's harsh but it seems true.
            Well we have no pass rush and haven't had one for a long time. I wasn't expecting our pass rush to be consistently good. The fact that it is good in spurts is a big step up from every year since Jamal Williams got old and Merriman broke down. How long ago was that?

And, other than 1994, the defense has never been clutch - not once. If you were expecting the D to come through when it matters, I'd suggest you knock that off.

Comment

• Faded blues
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2013
              • Send PM

I want to see Gordon going forward getting around 30 carries a game.

It's time.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                How many of our current guys were here in last regime?
                Rivers, Gates, Ingram, Liuget, Stuckey, Windt (I think he's still on the team).... So 2 starters on offense and 2 starters on defense, that makes 18 other starters and all the backups members of the McCoy/Telesco regime.

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lightningwill_420 View Post
                  Well we have no pass rush and haven't had one for a long time. I wasn't expecting our pass rush to be consistently good. The fact that it is good in spurts is a big step up from every year since Jamal Williams got old and Merriman broke down. How long ago was that?

And, other than 1994, the defense has never been clutch - not once. If you were expecting the D to come through when it matters, I'd suggest you knock that off.
                  I remember Shaun Gayle intercepting a pass in 1995 against NYG in the snowball game to clinch that game. How about when Tim Dobbins sacked Peyton in that playoff game near the goalline? I'm sure there's more.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                    I remember Shaun Gayle intercepting a pass in 1995 against NYG in the snowball game to clinch that game. How about when Tim Dobbins sacked Peyton in that playoff game near the goalline? I'm sure there's more.
                    Okay. I'm wrong.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

The question involves the common denominator in all the games we snatch defeated from the jaws of victory.

1 Ownership
                      2 GM
                      3 1 and 2 being a #1 is working as a #2
                      4 HC
                      5 DC
                      6 Players provided by 3 & 2
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• KNSD
                        Registered Charger Hater
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

(Chargers were kind of lucky to be in this game)
                        Prediction:
                        Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                        Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                        Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                          Rivers, Gates, Ingram, Liuget, Stuckey, Windt (I think he's still on the team).... So 2 starters on offense and 2 starters on defense, that makes 18 other starters and all the backups members of the McCoy/Telesco regime.
                          So basically all of the actual talent. Man that AJ guy sucked.
                          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X