• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
    Another player that was NOT injury prone in college but can't stay healthy with the Chargers.

I am absolutely convinced it is something we are doing wrong. I realize injuries are a part of the game but it's beyond ridiculous with the team, year in and year out.
    Maybe the supplements in college are easier to come by than in the NFL.

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Another player that was NOT injury prone in college but can't stay healthy with the Chargers.

I am absolutely convinced it is something we are doing wrong. I realize injuries are a part of the game but it's beyond ridiculous with the team, year in and year out.
      maybe it's the fields at the practice facility? If the Chargers were smart, they would sue the city over deficient facilities claiming it caused all the injuries and degraded their product on the field- and settle for eliminating the rest of their "exit fee".

:stirringshit:
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

I don't know what to think about this. I mean, the Pro game is faster, more furious, more violent. Perhaps that's the 'tipping point' for some of these college athletes? I honestly don't believe in bad luck, or jinxes, or anything silly like that. So it *must* be what you're saying, no? I mean, you're an MD, which makes you a bit of an expert on such things (by default ). I have long held the belief that the size, speed, and strength (some - much? - of which is chemically enhanced, I'm certain) of the NFL has outstripped evolution. That is, bodies were not made to withstand the punishment that's being dished out in Today's NFL, week in and week out.

Even with that, the Chargers sure do seem to be victims of far more than our fair share.

Comment

• Foxbatkllr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

Didn't LT say something about the quality/availability of care here had declined when he left and that the Jets organization had an amazing staff of different kinds of trainers and healthcare professionals?

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Maybe we have both crappy players and crappy trainers.
            For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• captaind
              Cook This Pork Chops
              • Jun 2013
              • Mars
              • Ball Holder
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
              I honestly don't believe in bad luck, or jinxes, or anything silly like that.
              I didn't, either, until KA went down in game 1. How else to explain it? How about the Hobbit's injury? It's not the strength and conditioning coach, it's not the California climate making these guys more injury-prone (although they are certainly soft). It's flat-out bad luck. We get more than our fair share of it.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I think it's the trainer staff... not the MDs, but the guys led by James Collins. Can't prove anything, but that is one of the constants that doesn't change with a coaching staff change... same as our Cap guru with a GM change.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                  I think it's the trainer staff... not the MDs, but the guys led by James Collins. Can't prove anything, but that is one of the constants that doesn't change with a coaching staff change... same as our Cap guru with a GM change.
                  Collins has been here since 1999, Lyle (strength/conditioning) arrived here same time as McCoy/Telesco.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

He'll be back. Seems everybody else from coaches to team mates love him and only here he isn't well received. I'm not defending him, it's just what I see.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Of course he'll be back. He'll get a huge contract....underachieve and miss half the games he plays.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

so why haven't they IRed Teo yet?

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
                          so why haven't they IRed Teo yet?
                          Just a formality that needs to be done before they sign another player.

Comment

Working...
                          X