• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

To be fair, we had one of the smaller coaching staffs in the league.
    I feel like we had a lot of coaches under Staley as well. There were definitely different titles and roles.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
      So we get Roman on staff but not as OC (a win) and Ficken stays as special teams coordinator (big win).

Good day for us.
      There’s a lot of conflicting reports today. I would say Roman could still be OC by the end of the day or tomorrow. And you know what, he’s not my preference but In Jim I Trust 🫡

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
        Any concern for too many cooks in the kitchen when it comes to this "OC by committee" approach that we might take?

This is just my assumption, mind you.
        There’s no OC by committee currently. We’ll have to see what the setup is when everything is finalized. But having a pass coordinator isn’t the same as having another playcaller. It’s what Detroit has currently with Ben Johnson and Tanner Engstrand.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
          Any concern for too many cooks in the kitchen when it comes to this "OC by committee" approach that we might take?

This is just my assumption, mind you.
          I think the OC by Committee theory is a TPB fabrication. He’s hiring coaches to fill the staff. Good coaches that have much to offer is good. Guys like Roman have seen a lot, done a lot, and can contribute a lot both on the practice field and in the film rooms. That doesn’t make him co-OC. It seemed by the majority 90% of leaks and then the announcement that he was NOT brought in as OC.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I think the OC by Committee theory is a TPB fabrication. He’s hiring coaches to fill the staff. Good coaches that have much to offer is good. Guys like Roman have seen a lot, done a lot, and can contribute a lot both on the practice field and in the film rooms. That doesn’t make him co-OC. It seemed by the majority 90% of leaks and then the announcement that he was NOT brought in as OC.
            Setting up a game plan, practicing, no problem. In a game, one OC runs the show. Name to be specified later.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2020
              • Send PM

I wouldn't doubt that someone like Roman would be brought on as more of gameday macromanager rather than a playcaller. I'd assume that Harbaugh might set up a nimble structure in terms of gameday gameplanning to allow for change in strategy in-game if situations warrant it and adjust play calling as necessary. Roman's role could be advisory in that sense, perhaps analyzing momentum swings in-game and giving Harbaugh another pair of eyes with which to act on, but we shall see.
              Last edited by jaguarmanftype; 02-06-2024, 02:37 AM.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

We’re gonna need the official “Fuck Denver” guy as well. Important.
                Don't worry, we will grab them by the pussy. We are going to win so much, we will get sick of winning.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                  *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Send PM

Lol.
                  Do we really have a problem with Roman as OC?
                  Seriously Chargers fan are not used to not complaining at anything.

Fasten your seatbelts and get ready for this ride, it will be joyful.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
                    Lol.
                    Do we really have a problem with Roman as OC?
                    Seriously Chargers fan are not used to not complaining at anything.

Fasten your seatbelts and get ready for this ride, it will be joyful.
                    I trust Harbaugh - the guy has won everywhere

Romans might not be the same coach he was in other cities

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I trust Harbaugh - the guy has won everywhere

Romans might not be the same coach he was in other cities
                      I don’t think Roman is the OC, or they wouldn’t disrespect him for so long implying he’s got some sort of lesser role, but I 100% trust in Harbo too and if he does pick Roman - lets fucking go!
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

Anyone know if Dean still has that nepotism rule of no family members on the staff that got Marty fired?

I'm wondering if that's why Jim's son Jay went to Seattle. It just seems strange.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
                          Anyone know if Dean still has that nepotism rule of no family members on the staff that got Marty fired?

I'm wondering if that's why Jim's son Jay went to Seattle. It just seems strange.
                          Jay probably was content to be secondary coach but a familiar face in Macdonald offering him a higher position as ST coordinator was too good to pass up.

As for the nepotism hire, Marty’s son was QB coach for a few seasons so I doubt him trying to hire his brother was the lone catalyst for him being fired.

Comment

Working...
                          X