• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargerBooster
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Posted before I realized the official 2024 schedule hasn’t been released ! Should have known better than to post before I had my coffee and engaged my brain (sic). Still going to let it stay as it contains hopefully some redeeming aspects, even if the whole basic premise is wrong. My apologies !

I like this as-of-yet unscheduled, hypothetical opener (specifically because it’s the real unveiling of our revamped, fueled by coaches and scheme and all the new pieces, new Chargers players, but that in itself isn’t the reason; a case can be made that’s pretty standard and commonplace. But I like the aspect that the Chiefs, reigning champions after yesterday, will be getting their first look at the new Chargers offense and defenses. Oh sure, they can and will watch all the vanilla preseason games. go back and do deep digs on our new coordinator’s past histories, schemes and tendencies. But still . . .

One things for sure: we the Chargers fans are going to be amped and excited beyond belief “with an enthusiasm never seen”, from recent fan bases. Just part of my hope and belief.

Note from ChargerBooster: Ditto it will be played in one of the most partisan, loud environments existent, with a huge stadium-filling percentage of their fans, kind of the flip-side of Chargers home games (very sad and unfortunate, something I hope to be changing, along with our becoming a strong, tough Football Team).

Personally, in recent eras, I’ve found Chiefs fans to be some of the most acerbic (trying to be nice about it) in the League and I mean when they’re in our stadium and in general.
    Last edited by ChargerBooster; 02-12-2024, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2023
      • Send PM

That’s why Harbaugh was such a great hire.

He knows when to Run.

how to control the game and time of possession. Playing Quarterback really helped.

But I think us having a Quarterback who can also make the throws. Seeing Purdy in the Super Bowl you see limitations with Height.

I think Herbert and the Chargers are going to win super bowls. and fixing this offensive line will help.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
        That’s why Harbaugh was such a great hire.

He knows when to Run.

how to control the game and time of possession. Playing Quarterback really helped.

But I think us having a Quarterback who can also make the throws. Seeing Purdy in the Super Bowl you see limitations with Height.

I think Herbert and the Chargers are going to win super bowls. and fixing this offensive line will help.
        OL fix. In large part is fixed. Harbaugh and his culture, Greg Roman OC, Ben Herbert S&C, Mike Devlin OL, Marcus Brady Pass game Co,, Andy Bischoff TE/ Run game Co.
        They'll still play NFL football - in an entirely different way, under entirely different leadership. Team football.
        I believe we use a 2- 3 rd pick on C and train up what we have at OT- OG.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

A TE in the 1st ?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Hardwick coming back to the Chargers as Asst OL coach

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Super excited 👍

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                Harbaugh can start planning the training camp schedule to plan for the first game of the year - Chargers will be in KC that Thursday night. And I hope they push for it. That is the perfect time to play KC. See where you are as a team and get 10 days to refocus and prepare for Game 2. Get your toughest opponent out of the way, get the KC road game out of the way and move on
                No. Please no. I'd rather get them later on when there's been game tape on them.

And we're coming off a 5-12 season. I'd rather not get the attention from that game too.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

No. Please no. I'd rather get them later on when there's been game tape on them.

And we're coming off a 5-12 season. I'd rather not get the attention from that game too.
                  Meh. KC won't know what hit them.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Best time to face KC at home might be the opener IMO.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Harbaugh and Morris were the favorites among those surveyed, but the Seahawks' Mike Macdonald and Titans' Brian Callahan got votes, too.

Jim Harbaugh wasn’t just a splash hire because of his star status.

He can flat-out coach, and he’s got the respect of his peers to prove it.

Harbaugh, who just led the University of Michigan to a national championship, was hired last month to be the head coach of the Los Angeles Chargers. He was one of eight new coaches to get a job in this hiring cycle, and he earned the highest approval rating, according to a poll of executives and coaches from around the NFL.

The Athletic asked seven people — four high-ranking team executives and three coaches – to rank their top three head coaching hires. To ensure a fair process, no one in the panel works for one of the eight teams that just hired a head coach.

The love for Harbaugh is twofold. First, he has a well-established track record, leading winning programs at Michigan, the San Francisco 49ers, Stanford and the University of San Diego. His teams play hard and physically, and they tend to have a tough identity with strong rushing attacks.

Second, the Chargers have some high-end talent on the roster, and they’ve easily got the best quarterback situation among the eight teams with new hires. Harbaugh, a longtime NFL quarterback himself, should continue to aid the development of Justin Herbert.

“He’s got some work to do (to turn around the Chargers), but he’s a proven coach at least,” one coach said.

In December, The Athletic detailed why Harbaugh would be an attractive interview candidate, but there was still cause for concern because of the way things ended after his four-year stint with the 49ers. He has a strong, quirky personality, and it led to some burnout for some within the organization.

“He’s well-respected as a football coach,” an executive said in December. “He’s won everywhere he’s been, but what comes with it?”

Despite those concerns, though, Harbaugh was the most popular offseason hire. He appeared on six of the seven ballots. An executive who didn’t list Harbaugh was curious if Harbaugh would adjust his offensive approach to keep pace in the pass-heavy NFL.

“Not sure about how that will work. A lot of hype,” the executive said. “We’ll see.”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Thanks for posting. I always thought Harbaugh was the best choice on the market. Vrabel was 2nd. And as time went on, Morris and Monken moved up my list.

I can see why Canales didn't get any votes - not the best hire to me. Pierce - remains to be seen

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Thanks for posting. I always thought Harbaugh was the best choice on the market. Vrabel was 2nd. And as time went on, Morris and Monken moved up my list.

I can see why Canales didn't get any votes - not the best hire to me. Pierce - remains to be seen
                          Canales might be the best hire for Bryce. And might be the only one to put up with Tepper.

Comment

Working...
                          X