• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

You’re critiquing their 10-20 second war room calls to draft picks? Lol … classic fandom … fuck, I can’t believe we all let this go by without discussion before you commented on it. I thought their calls were fine, but maybe i wasn’t caring about the calls enough to properly grade them. My only lingering impression was that I thought Joe was cringier than Jim, if I were chained to a wall and forced to choose a max cringe to earn my release.

Agree - John is smooth, he was born for the role of phone closer.

what did you think of how they dressed for the draft? I liked Jim’s shirt, personally - captured a blend of sporty fun, Midwest work ethic, and biz-cas seriousness . I can;’t even remember what Joe and John were wearing. I know John had to have a blazer on, right?
    I dont know why John needs to talk to any of them. Did any other owners talk to their draft picks besides wanna be GM Jerry Jones? I didnt pay that close attention to it. John can talk to them when thy get here for press meetings the next day.

As for dress.....i like how Rams GM Les Snead is very casual in jeans and a regular basic lounge around shirt. No suit...its the draft....be comfy while while making draft decisions.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

John is President of Chargers football operations and the man who hired and fired Staley, etc and is rolling out the bucks for the new facilities, coaches, etc. Dean signs the checks.

Harbaugh is properly respectful of his sponsor/ employer. How they want to act on draft day is entirely up to them.
      Personally, I couldn't possibly care less how any other draft team dresses or acts.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I dont know why John needs to talk to any of them. Did any other owners talk to their draft picks besides wanna be GM Jerry Jones? I didnt pay that close attention to it. John can talk to them when thy get here for press meetings the next day.

As for dress.....i like how Rams GM Les Snead is very casual in jeans and a regular basic lounge around shirt. No suit...its the draft....be comfy while while making draft decisions.
        I dont know, maybe because they own the team, paid 270 million for the gorgeous state of the art facility these young players will call home and will be paying some of these picks a shit ton of money. John is still the head of player personel department.

I had no problem with it. I thought our draft room came off well, as a Charger family and that is one good thing the Spanos do promote.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

I also liked John's little contribution (I see what I did there).
          I'd appreciate it if I were a draftee.
          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            I also liked John's little contribution (I see what I did there).
            I'd appreciate it if I were a draftee.
            For sure, all it says to the young excited player is that from ownership on down to the coaches we are thrilled to have you on our team!

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

I dont know, maybe because they own the team, paid 270 million for the gorgeous state of the art facility these young players will call home and will be paying some of these picks a shit ton of money. John is still the head of player personel department.

I had no problem with it. I thought our draft room came off well, as a Charger family and that is one good thing the Spanos do promote.
              Well not to argue as I don't really care honestly,.....but that isn't his title. I suppose he can have any title he wants ....however, he is president of football operations. Chad Alexander is head of player personel and asst GM.

Dean didn't talk to anyone and didn't see Kroenke or any other owner but Jones talk to players that they showed.

Just saying as someone here was being critical of our HC and GM being quirky in phones calls. I didn't see anything wrong with them..

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

Well not to argue as I don't really care honestly,.....but that isn't his title. I suppose he can have any title he wants ....however, he is president of football operations. Chad Alexander is head of player personel and asst GM.

Dean didn't talk to anyone and didn't see Kroenke or any other owner but Jones talk to players that they showed.

Just saying as someone here was being critical of our HC and GM being quirky in phones calls. I didn't see anything wrong with them..
                I saw Dean get on the phone for the first 3 picks. John passed the phone to his Dad.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

I saw Dean get on the phone for the first 3 picks. John passed the phone to his Dad.
                  Actually you are right, I remember seeing Dean handed the phone a couple times anyway.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                    Outback Goon
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Australia
                    • Send PM

Robert Kraft talked to draft picks. Its not unusual

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

As for dress.....i like how Rams GM Les Snead is very casual in jeans and a regular basic lounge around shirt. No suit...it’s the draft....be comfy while while making draft decisions.
                      I don’t know why you need to talk about John talking to them. You can talk about John when they hold pressers. John isn’t “the owner” - he’s President of Football Ops as others already posted. Thats the Charger employees in that room.

I was fucking kidding about dress, you are thinking about it. You’re thinking about what Rams employees wear. Who gives a shit. Get ahold of yourself, good man!
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                        Chargers Hall of Fame
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

You’re critiquing their 10-20 second war room calls to draft picks? Lol … classic fandom … fuck, I can’t believe we all let this go by without discussion before you commented on it. I thought their calls were fine, but maybe i wasn’t caring about the calls enough to properly grade them. My only lingering impression was that I thought Joe was cringier than Jim, if I were chained to a wall and forced to choose a max cringe to earn my release.

Agree - John is smooth, he was born for the role of phone closer.

what did you think of how they dressed for the draft? I liked Jim’s shirt, personally - captured a blend of sporty fun, Midwest work ethic, and biz-cas seriousness . I can;’t even remember what Joe and John were wearing. I know John had to have a blazer on, right?
                        Of the two of us, and based on your reply, I'm thinking you might be the one fixating on the wrong things in these threads.

Now back to our observations about all things Chargers...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

I don’t know why you need to talk about John talking to them. You can talk about John when they hold pressers. John isn’t “the owner” - he’s President of Football Ops as others already posted. Thats the Charger employees in that room.

I was fucking kidding about dress, you are thinking about it. You’re thinking about what Rams employees wear. Who gives a shit. Get ahold of yourself, good man!
                          Huh? 🤨
                          I didn't start either of those topics lol. Looks like you did

Comment

Working...
                          X