• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northerner
    Charger fan since '79
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

For sure, all it says to the young excited player is that from ownership on down to the coaches we are thrilled to have you on our team!
    yes, and John Spanos has usually been the most well-spoken guy in the room for a while now. plus, it seems like he genuinely cares about winning and being a nice guy.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

The Marc Trestman mention at the end caught my attention.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Huh? 🤨
        I didn't start either of those topics lol. Looks like you did
        either? actually no, I didn't. I didnt start the "how good/bad were their calls to the draft picks" and I didn't start the "why is john talking to draft picks at all".

I did start the dress commentary but it was offered as satire, I expected it would be recognized to be exactly as irrelevant as some boob's opinion of how well Joe and Jim made a phone call. I overestimated this crowd again, mybad.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

Of the two of us, and based on your reply, I'm thinking you might be the one fixating on the wrong things in these threads.

Now back to our observations about all things Chargers...
          I'm observing the irony of the human experience. you're talking about how well they made phone calls to draft picks. it was what it was.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Thanks Xenos! Who is that guy? Seems like a former player?

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
              Thanks Xenos! Who is that guy? Seems like a former player?

TG
              Jordon Palmer is the brother of Carson Palmer. He was a backup QB briefly before making his living as a QB coach for upcoming draft prospects.

I have been blessed to be given a really unique perspective on the game. While I was able to go 14-0 during my senior year of high school, set most school records across 40+ starts and play several years in the NFL; I still never qualified for the Elite 11, I only had 1 offer to a school I had never heard of and was

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

either? actually no, I didn't. I didnt start the "how good/bad were their calls to the draft picks" and I didn't start the "why is john talking to draft picks at all".

I did start the dress commentary but it was offered as satire, I expected it would be recognized to be exactly as irrelevant as some boob's opinion of how well Joe and Jim made a phone call. I overestimated this crowd again, mybad.
                Boobs?

uh, wait…sorry. Damn.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Harbaugh is zigging while the rest of the NFL is zagging. Loading up the run game now makes since. The NFL has gone to a pass happy league making the defense have to go lighter and carry more DBs. The LBers have gotten lighter, faster, and you can make an argument that the DLine has gotten lighter, and faster especially the DEs. Running big oline at these lighter LBers and DBs is going to wear these guys down over the course of the game. It will be interesting to see how this works out this year.
                  1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                  2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                  2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                  3a- #66 Puni OT
                  3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                  4a- #105 Rice WR
                  4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                  5- #140 Green CB
                  6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Yep... nice catch, Xenos. Marc Trestman and Greg Roman together will make for a very interesting offense. I expect this offense to be very efficient and be in the Top-5 scoring offenses. Trestman is known for his passing game and QB protections. Roman is known for his running game. Put all of it together... I think we kick the shit out of people this year.

We won't be behind late in the 4th quarter... we''ll be ahead and pounding on a tired defense. Going ahead by 2 scores very late in the 4th quarter will be common place.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Yep... nice catch, Xenos. Marc Trestman and Greg Roman together will make for a very interesting offense. I expect this offense to be very efficient and be in the Top-5 scoring offenses. Trestman is known for his passing game and QB protections. Roman is known for his running game. Put all of it together... I think we kick the shit out of people this year.

We won't be behind late in the 4th quarter... we''ll be ahead and pounding on a tired defense. Going ahead by 2 scores very late in the 4th quarter will be common place.
                      Being great at coming up with protection plan would be very helpful after last season. Still not sure why Kellen couldn’t scheme better against the interior rush unless it meant we were basically screwed after Linsley went out.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Being great at coming up with protection plan would be very helpful after last season. Still not sure why Kellen couldn’t scheme better against the interior rush unless it meant we were basically screwed after Linsley went out.
                        I was excited to see what Kellen's scheme would mean for the Chargers. I liked his ideas about stressing the defense. Putting TE's and WR's in motion to move defenders around... then attacking the defense @places defenders had vacated. The focus was on numbers mis-matches rather than execution. He seemed to gloss over our talent inadequacies @certain positions. He should have taken a gander @Cowboys OL v @Chargers OL capabilities. Linsley out and Clapp in. Salyer playing RG... a new position. Plumpkins lacking skillset... There should have been a protection plan! The RB's and TE's were not great blockers... IOL were overwhelmed by NFL blitz/stunt plans... recipe for disaster. I expect this regime to be better prepared for these issues. They certainly went and got the right pieces (Bozeman, Alt, Dissly, bigger RB's).

Comment

• northerner
                          Charger fan since '79
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

every Chargers 2-minute drill last season = guaranteed sack and/or ridiculous pressure.

Comment

Working...
                          X