Clear All
  • Chargers8491
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Good interview
    thanks for sharing

The Derwin James stuff -- basically we are not going to have him play 5 different positions five plays in a row
    Almost like Derwin will start out doing one thing and slowly will evolve his game
    That's what I gathered as well. Staley's D was just to complicated and asking players to do much to fast. I'm guessing that is why our defense looked much slower than it really was. Too much thinking instead of just playing.
    1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
    2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
    3a- #66 Puni OT
    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
    4a- #105 Rice WR
    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
    5- #140 Green CB
    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

That's what I gathered as well. Staley's D was just to complicated and asking players to do much to fast. I'm guessing that is why our defense looked much slower than it really was. Too much thinking instead of just playing.
      And I don't think it will be just James - I think the entire defense. Minter mentioned that in another article - something like we will take it step by step in terms of growing the defense. Almost like they have to master each level before expanding. I am good with that. Do the "ordinary at an extraordinary high level"

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I mean if you think about it most plays are what like 7-8 seconds long? Your asking players to think for 3 seconds and they're already chasing the playmaker down the field because of busted coverage or misreading the play at onset.
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Chargers8491
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

And I don't think it will be just James - I think the entire defense. Minter mentioned that in another article - something like we will take it step by step in terms of growing the defense. Almost like they have to master each level before expanding. I am good with that. Do the "ordinary at an extraordinary high level"
          Yeah I agree.
          1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
          2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
          2b- #37 Jenkins DT
          3a- #66 Puni OT
          3b- #69 Sainristill CB
          4a- #105 Rice WR
          4b- #110 Lloyd RB
          5- #140 Green CB
          6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Boltdiehard
            The Precious
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Good interview Minter is all business and seems very intelligent. Derwin is going to wreck shit this year and the coaches already know.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
              Good interview Minter is all business and seems very intelligent. Derwin is going to wreck shit this year and the coaches already know.
              I'm curious about Minter and Bowman working with LB Daiyan Henley. WR transfer with rare length and speed, we didn't see much last year. Not a lock but has the tools to really show up in the right system with the right coach.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

As (soon to be elected) Mayor of Boltville, I pledge as my first act to veto your bill. The public wants leaders to work on real problems that affect their lives and stop wasting times on things that are not problems.
                Mac, I think Dzubie was just joking...besides, I'm DONE with QB's named Daniels...
                (Daniels, Daniel, whatever...)

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I mean if you think about it most plays are what like 7-8 seconds long? Your asking players to think for 3 seconds and they're already chasing the playmaker down the field because of busted coverage or misreading the play at onset.
                  And THAT was the fatal flaw in Staley's Pattern Match Defense...counting on ALL eleven of the D players to correctly read and react on EVERY play, based on pre-snap look, motion, at-the-snap look...to change from zone to press coverage, or vice-versa, among other variables...it was just WAY too much to ask of the players...no WONDER good players like Derwin looked lost so often...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

As (soon to be elected) Mayor of Boltville, I pledge as my first act to veto your bill. The public wants leaders to work on real problems that affect their lives and stop wasting times on things that are not problems.
                    Hmmm, are you Concudan(Mayor of Boltville) on Twitter?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

And THAT was the fatal flaw in Staley's Pattern Match Defense...counting on ALL eleven of the D players to correctly read and react on EVERY play, based on pre-snap look, motion, at-the-snap look...to change from zone to press coverage, or vice-versa, among other variables...it was just WAY too much to ask of the players...no WONDER good players like Derwin looked lost so often...
                      Sometimes Derwin “looking” lost was just him trying to frantically cover for a different player that blew their assignment and he ended up closest to the play, then eventually it wore on him and it definitely affected him for him. A new team, new staff, new year - we’re gonna see a new Derwin, same as the old Derwin. Welcome back, Sir James!
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        Hmmm, are you Concudan(Mayor of Boltville) on Twitter?
                        no, is there some fucking interloping carpet bagging shenaniganding swindler out there, besmirching my good name? My only allegiance is to serve the good citizens of TPB.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

James also needed to speak up at the point when he realized this scheme wasn't going to work.
                          I know that's asking a lot, but real leaders have that conversation with their DC/HC before an atrocity like the raiders game happens.
                          Jmo.
                          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

Working...
                          X