• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    James also needed to speak up at the point when he realized this scheme wasn't going to work.
    I know that's asking a lot, but real leaders have that conversation with their DC/HC before an atrocity like the raiders game happens.
    Jmo.
    But these conversations were taking place.... one sided as they were.
    Charger defenders went to Staley and the coaches to try to get them to reduce the complexity of the scheme so that they could play faster.

They were ignored.

I can almost see Staley bleating about mastering the techniques better .... you can do it!

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I'm curious about Minter and Bowman working with LB Daiyan Henley. WR transfer with rare length and speed, we didn't see much last year. Not a lock but has the tools to really show up in the right system with the right coach.
      He'd probably show up in any system .... save Staley's.

If Tranquill often looked lost in Staley's D, what chance did a converted wide receiver, fresh out of college have?
      Particularly with 2 vets ahead of him.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

i agree, it will definitely take him two years ... TO WIN THE SB 70-0! Year 1 will be a squeaker, he'll just barely win the SB. its all part of his plan to keep the guys hungry for year 2.

Staley to the 49ers would make me happy. Outside of our AFCW rivals, I hate few teams more. It was tough rooting for them in the SB this year.
        That position is still open.... strange.

Reportedly they were flirting with Spagnoula, who resigned with K.C.

They should move quickly on Staley or they'll lose him to another team.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

no, is there some fucking interloping carpet bagging shenaniganding swindler out there, besmirching my good name? My only allegiance is to serve the good citizens of TPB.
          There is. But he has been a member since 2009 on Twitter using mayor of boltSville. Never saw you use it til today lol

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

James also needed to speak up at the point when he realized this scheme wasn't going to work.
            I know that's asking a lot, but real leaders have that conversation with their DC/HC before an atrocity like the raiders game happens.
            Jmo.
            Towards the end of this past season, or maybe it was after Staley got fired, I believe Derwin was quoted, regarding Staley's defense, "we just need more simplicity." At least he was a class act until the end...

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

But these conversations were taking place.... one sided as they were.
              Charger defenders went to Staley and the coaches to try to get them to reduce the complexity of the scheme so that they could play faster.

They were ignored.

I can almost see Staley bleating about mastering the techniques better .... you can do it!
              I may have missed that completely, and if so I'll take it back.
              Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

So pervasive with the D complexity…likely we have a number of young guys who very quickly look nothing like their Staley versions. Even with all the “holes” on D, might be a very heavy O draft. A new CB should be coming from somewhere, draft or FA, might take an EDGE high depending on what happens with Joey and Mack. But I think Minter will be working with a lot of the guys we already have. Expecting surprises.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Jmo.
                  I think he did, there were reports of players coming to coaches and saying they needed to reduce the complexity. but Staley had the stubbornness born of blind conceit that he thought he was smarter than the real world in front of him. He rejected by word and deed any doubts in his perfect designs and I’m sure he conveyed that very clearly to players - its not the system, its not our coaching, its you, and you, and you, and you, and … all of you.

How many times did we hear Staley, after another horrible defensive performance, state that not only he had complete confidence in the system, but he was also certain about how the coaches were implementing it with the players? Many times … Good ol Brandon Mitty, indefatigable to the end.

Death of a Sales Coach
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

That position is still open.... strange.

Reportedly they were flirting with Spagnoula, who resigned with K.C.

They should move quickly on Staley or they'll lose him to another team.
                    Spags resigned? I missed that … thx, thats good news if it sticks!
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Spags resigned? I missed that … thx, thats good news if it sticks!
                      Spags resigned? Any reason given why?

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Spags resigned? Any reason given why?
                        His contract lapsed, but the Chiefs renewed.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

I think he did, there were reports of players coming to coaches and saying they needed to reduce the complexity. but Staley had the stubbornness born of blind conceit that he thought he was smarter than the real world in front of him. He rejected by word and deed any doubts in his perfect designs and I’m sure he conveyed that very clearly to players - its not the system, its not our coaching, its you, and you, and you, and you, and … all of you.

How many times did we hear Staley, after another horrible defensive performance, state that not only he had complete confidence in the system, but he was also certain about how the coaches were implementing it with the players? Many times … Good ol Brandon Mitty, indefatigable to the end.

Death of a Sales Coach
                          ^ Yep...Staley's stubborn hubris no doubt was caused by his ONE year as the Rams DC when their D was #1 in the league...well, when u have the elite players the Rams did, u could run just about ANY D and be successful...so all this apparently went to Staley's head, and he anointed himself as the Almighty, All-Knowing King of Coaches...kind of like the Emperor with "new clothes"...only to have his nakedness exposed in his three agonizing years with the Bolts...

Comment

Working...
                          X