• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    Look fellas,...just because we got Harbaugh,....we aren't switching to the Navy uniforms,( he looked great in the PBs shirt & hat in that short video)..... And there is no way we are signing 36 year old Colin Kaepernick to be our backup QB. Dude hasn't played since 2016 and is now old.

​​
    I was by no means advocating that we sign Kaepernick, just a name that popped into my head when brainstorming QBs with Harbaugh connections that Jim might trust to be Herbert's back up...as for his age, he hasn't gotten hit for almost 8 years...I was just putting it out there that he might be someone that Jim turns to...
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I was by no means advocating that we sign Kaepernick, just a name that popped into my head when brainstorming QBs with Harbaugh connections that Jim might trust to be Herbert's back up...as for his age, he hasn't gotten hit for almost 8 years...I was just putting it out there that he might be someone that Jim turns to...
      I don't have a problem with it

One of the areas I thought Telesco failed last offseason was four positions: back up QB; punter, blocking TE and back up Center. And that doesn't mean a guy like JK Scott wouldn't win the job but why not try to upgrade the roster with at least some competition. Easton Stick had ZERO competition for back up QB. ZERO!

It doesn't cost anything to bring Kaep in to see what he has left in the tank. Costs nothing. Granted, eight years out of the league - might not have much left. But I have seen Easton Stick - can do better.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I don't have a problem with it

One of the areas I thought Telesco failed last offseason was four positions: back up QB; punter, blocking TE and back up Center. And that doesn't mean a guy like JK Scott wouldn't win the job but why not try to upgrade the roster with at least some competition. Easton Stick had ZERO competition for back up QB. ZERO!

It doesn't cost anything to bring Kaep in to see what he has left in the tank. Costs nothing. Granted, eight years out of the league - might not have much left. But I have seen Easton Stick - can do better.
        So does this hire mean the end for our TCU quarterback?
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

So does this hire mean the end for our TCU quarterback?
          Another genius Telesco pick
          Using a 7th rounder on Max Duggan. Max Duggan was a fine college QB for TCU --
          But never understood that pick at all.

Duggan was signed to a futures contract but with Harbaugh and Hortiz - -that might not last long

There is a new GM in town -- time to churn this roster

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

"Daiyan Henley no way am I counting on him for nuthin' this next go 'round.... we gots to draft a player here"

This is a shocker for me...This guy was considered to be the #1 or #2 LB in draft rankings.
            Daiyan Henly was a coverted safety/WR/QB.... he only had a year or two experience at LB before being drafted. I think most people knew there would be a learning curve. And just because Staley didn't develop/play him, doesn't mean he won't be good... or that JH can't develop him. Having said that, I think JH will want/need another LB to play along side of Henly. JH Squared knows LB's. We got this. 3rd round is the sweet spot.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Another genius Telesco pick
              Using a 7th rounder on Max Duggan. Max Duggan was a fine college QB for TCU --
              But never understood that pick at all.

Duggan was signed to a futures contract but with Harbaugh and Hortiz - -that might not last long

There is a new GM in town -- time to churn this roster
              my thoughts exactly, his days are numbered...maybe they move him to safety? LOL

Comment

• Heatmiser
                BetterToday ThanYesterday
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

The only cost of bringing in Kaepernik is what he does to the locker room. I have no idea where his head is now, but we don't need a 36 year old activist coming in right now to tell the players how awful the NFL is. If he wants to come in and show the team how to work hard and help in the QB room that is great. But we are trying to build a new culture that is team first and is all football and not to correct all the perceived ills of society. Harbaugh was not the coach when Kaepernik became famous for refusing to honor the flag, Chip Kelly was. Harbuagh loved the guy but I doubt he would have let him do what he did.

Personally, I watch sports as an escape to get away from all the troubles of the world and the troubles of my life -- not be reminded of them. I wish pro atheletes would play and not preach and be grateful for the adulation and obscene money they make. More than any of us will ever, ever see.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Daiyan Henly was a coverted safety/WR/QB.... he only had a year or two experience at LB before being drafted. I think most people knew there would be a learning curve. And just because Staley didn't develop/play him, doesn't mean he won't be good... or that JH can't develop him. Having said that, I think JH will want/need another LB to play along side of Henly. JH Squared knows LB's. We got this. 3rd round is the sweet spot.
                  Now that we have the coach we all fantasized about since forever and as much as I'm looking forward to the offseason moves and the draft, one of the things I'm most looking forward to is seeing how much better some of the non Harbaugh guys will look once they are getting coached up by his staff...there will be some surprises and it'll probably be guys that no one is expecting to step up...

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

@Back-up QB... I don't really care who it is. It could be Kaep; it could be Josh Johnson; it could be Duggan.
                    Whoever Harbaugh and the OC thinks fits. Backup QB is the least of our worries. How about we protect Justin so we don't have to use a backup...?

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                      Personally, I watch sports as an escape to get away from all the troubles of the world and the troubles of my life -- not be reminded of them. I wish pro atheletes would play and not preach and be grateful for the adulation and obscene money they make. More than any of us will ever, ever see.
                      This sums up my feelings perfectly.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                        The only cost of bringing in Kaepernik is what he does to the locker room. I have no idea where his head is now, but we don't need a 36 year old activist coming in right now to tell the players how awful the NFL is. If he wants to come in and show the team how to work hard and help in the QB room that is great. But we are trying to build a new culture that is team first and is all football and not to correct all the perceived ills of society. Harbaugh was not the coach when Kaepernik became famous for refusing to honor the flag, Chip Kelly was. Harbuagh loved the guy but I doubt he would have let him do what he did.

TG
                        I'm gonna stay away from this one as I think it takes us down the road to politics.
                        Having said that... I think you missed the whole point of the protest.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                          @Back-up QB... I don't really care who it is. It could be Kaep; it could be Josh Johnson; it could be Duggan.
                          Whoever Harbaugh and the OC thinks fits. Backup QB is the least of our worries. How about we protect Justin so we don't have to use a backup...?
                          No, I think thats the wrong attitude. This was the Telesco attitude that depth wasn't important. When injuries DO happen so need better depth

I do agree that making sure the Oline is better is a higher priority but from what I saw of Easton Stick, they can do better.

As for Kaep - I don't mind a tryout but again, I think they can do better.

Comment

Working...
                          X