• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northerner
    Charger fan since '79
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

yep, if Keenan didn’t like to run his mouth so much we wouldn’t have known the Texans and Jets were in on it too. Hope he got the Pickett treatment.
    Imagine 99% of the discussions are never known by us.
    and we now know for sure that the chargers tried to make a deal. also, i guarantee they went over and over his 2023 game film before they let him go. adios!!

Imagine 99% of the discussions are never known by us ----> this!!! and yet, people here want to listen to some podcaster guy in his bedroom and think we have all the info.

or twitter accounts like:

@NFL grapevine @NFL gossip @wire tap of Adam Schefter

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

A big fat yes! MHJ is over hyped and has some diva in him IMO. Odunze will be the better all around WR. I’d rather have the picks and I honestly think Bowers can fall to 11.
      Prefer Nabers over MHJ if that's how they choose to go

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

See signature.
        Be better

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

and.... being notoriously in favor of trenchmen more oft than not.... what's your call ?? do you have one yet.... ??
          Only partially thought out, but sign a starting FA center and draft another in the 4th (pick 110 from the Bears for KA) and draft an OT in the 2nd. That frees up pick 5 for the best WR Hortiz has ever scouted - Nabers. It’s BPA. It replaces KA now. It gets us what we need now - quality C, ORT, WR. Use KA’s money to sign a C and if all falls into place. This draft is deep at T too, so getting a future quality starter isn’t a pipe dream at 37. And generally, an experienced C is going to be better this year than a rookie C. Win now,

We need game changing playmakers as much as we need infrastructure. We need a guy who can get open, get deep, catch the ball and truly utilize Herbert’s arm. We need a guy that can scare the D. And he will be a lot harder to find when we are drafting later in future years.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Craig440
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Only partially thought out, but sign a starting FA center and draft another in the 4th (pick 110 from the Bears for KA) and draft an OT in the 2nd. That frees up pick 5 for the best WR Hortiz has ever scouted - Nabers. It’s BPA. It replaces KA now. It gets us what we need now - quality C, ORT, WR. Use KA’s money to sign a C and if all falls into place. This draft is deep at T too, so getting a future quality starter isn’t a pipe dream at 37. And generally, an experienced C is going to be better this year than a rookie C. Win now,

We need game changing playmakers as much as we need infrastructure. We need a guy who can get open, get deep, catch the ball and truly utilize Herbert’s arm. We need a guy that can scare the D. And he will be a lot harder to find when we are drafting later in future years.
            That all sounds pretty good to me, especially for only partially thought out. I hope QJ, DD, and even Palmer take a step up to help our new WR.

I have a question about the C FA. Is there a quality center free agent available?

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Prefer Nabers over MHJ if that's how they choose to go
              The other day you told me Hortiz said that Nabers was the best WR he ever scouted. Or was it Freak? I know both of you are super hot for Nabers. You have that intel? Where and when did Hortiz say that? Really curious.

Comment

• Craig440
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

I heard that Nabers may have a little bit of Antonio Brown in him. But that was just one mans opinion.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

The other day you told me Hortiz said that Nabers was the best WR he ever scouted. Or was it Freak? I know both of you are super hot for Nabers. You have that intel? Where and when did Hortiz say that? Really curious.
                  Add me to that list...but then again there are going to be some decent Receivers in this years draft spread thru-out.
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

There’s a link somewhere in this thread about Horitz’s comment re Nabers…uh, somewhere. Or maybe the Horitz thread?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

? No he technically didnt sign the cards. The GMs didnt' make decisions w out input from their staffs either. Hortiz was in charge of college and then all scouting and had input in everything they did.
                      We’ll start to get a feel for Hortiz in April, but even then 1 data point doesnt confirm that for all time he’ll do the same thing every year. He could make decisions similar to BAL decision makers, I’m not saying he won’t,. Just saying I don’t know yet. And lest we forget, Jim made no decisions in BAL and his voice will be significant if not decisive (Batman and robin talk aside, he’s got the most juice in the franchise).

Obviously they plan to get a WR via draft. We don’t know if they’ve decided to take one of the 3 in Rd1 or, like us, notice there are very good WRs in R2/R3. With all drafts, the board has to play out as well, pick by pick, before its their turn. We also don’t know their assessment on the OL - that could drive OT1, or OC2/3 in their priority. Do they really think the TEs they are collecting are IT, or did they always intend them to be secondary pieces to a new TE1?

it’ll be interesting. I’m not worried today about WR1, I trust they are more aware than me, they value QB1 as much as I do, and they have a couple different plans based on how it plays. Strongly doubt any play includes JJ and a top priced vet on a current short contract but hey - maybe thats one option they are looking at that would require a new 3/4 yr contract with him that pushes 2024 cap to out years. That was a problem with KA - his age discourages pushing a lot of cap to 2026 or 2027.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

A FA OC on a 3yr deal will let them solidify that position and push much of that cap past 2024, freeing them up to spend picks on highest value positions. OC is not a high value position. WR is one such highest value position in the current NFL and also one where the very top talent is not just sitting around in the FA lounge. So is OT, CB, Edge - I think they spoke on Edge for 2024, they won’t use a T10 pick on Edge now.

Nabers tape shows this incredible cut/burst to accelerate and create an instant 2-3 yard separation. He plays faster than a 40 time in these short burst windows. Thats a key skill for NFL level, it’s what I saw in Zay’s tape last year. I don’t see that same in Odunze tape though he has a different elite skill set and should be excellent, but he seems to have more of the “long speed” that is easier to defend with a cover shell. I havent watched a lot of MH2 tape, figuring forever he’d be gone.

But the 2nd tier of WRs is really good - Brian Thomas is overlooked due to Nabers, he is very fast, good hands, good route running, NFL WR1 body. Worthy looks too fragile, I’d skip over him. Coleman (FSU), Legette, McConkey, … they don’t HAVE to take one of the top 3 at 5. These guys all are different than the current WR room and are possible “game changers”. My disappointment with the QJ pick last year was less his rookie struggles, which I think he will improve this year, than that he wasn’t much different than all of the receivers already in the WR room.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Be better
                          I have my answer to what almost everyone is saying It's just not time to post it yet.

"WR Production" will come following establishing the run and using play action.

The ball will be spread around, to Palmer, QJ, Derius, Fehoko, midround rookies, Dissly, Hurst and midround 3rd down RB.

How many times did Herbert choose to throw the football to Keenan when others were wide open ? Check the tape ! You had to see this LIVE at SoFi. It sure shows up time and again on coaches tape. Harbaugh sees it. Shane Day sees it.

I will take it a step further. Keenan's "best season ever" was a product of other factors besides his truly great route running and internal fire. Hortiz made Slayer an offer he knew Slayer would refuse. KA was wise to leave, as it will change at LAC radically. Chicago Keenan will be at ~900 yards/season.

The offense will be quite different this coming year.

Someone will trade up with us for QB #3 or #4, or even one of the elite receivers.

Meanwhile, we will build the trenches with numerous stockpiled mid-high picks, then feast on leftover skill players, fantasy minded be damned.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X