• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Note: WRs tend to be divas. The better they are, the bigger the ego.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Maybe yes, but i seen a post that the teams showing the most interest in Bowers is us, Titans, Bears and Jets.
      I would be shocked or the Titans took Bowers. They need a LT. Bears I could see be interested in Bowers, but they do have Kmet. Now the Jets could be a major wildcard since they have had talks with LT Tyrone Smith and traded for RT Morgan Moses.

It’s a toss up, but if Bowers is not there, there will be plenty of good players available.

A WR I can see them targeting would be Malachi Corley. YAC master Deebo type! Not a great route runner but just try to get the ball in his hands and let him work. I’m very interested to see what his pro day results will be.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post
        Note: WRs tend to be divas. The better they are, the bigger the ego.
        How many of them are on teams that win Super Bowls?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

This isnt even a debate about Nabers. Its a truth thing. Im a bigger fan of that...than i am any player. This twitter account is fake. There is nothing connecting this guy to the herald. I just want to make sure that we here at the Blues are promoting truth and legit journalism. Not lies. I think it makes our community better. Definitely not coming down on those members here who buy this stuff...i also love Nabers...but like i said...if i see something like this i will investigate. And nobody is buying it. Not even many Nabers guys i know in my twitter supporter community.

I just want to make that clear.
          Yes yes.
          And I saw that other kerfuffle you had.
          Reading comprehension people.
          Fleet has forgotten more football than you will ever know.
          You cannot have Herbert Vikes.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• LarryAW
            Chargers fan since 1970
            • Sep 2018
            • Chula Vista, CA
            • retired paralegal/court reporter
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I never expected them to trade KA away. So now we are missing our two best WR. What's the right move now?

So, I ask myself; if we take an OT to replace Pipkins, how much better would the team be? If we stay put and take the best WR left, how much better will the team be? I guess it comes down to how bad is Pip? The third option, trade down, is a crap shoot. You could end up with two new starters or you could miss on both of them.
            Good GMs trust they ability to make the right choices. Sometimes it pans out and sometimes it does not.

Telesco never moving down screams to me that Telesco lacked trust in evaluating the harder-to-evaluate players further down the draft.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Be kind of cool if he said it and means it

That would really shake things up
              Sure seems to be a straight shooter.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

I would be shocked or the Titans took Bowers. They need a LT. Bears I could see be interested in Bowers, but they do have Kmet. Now the Jets could be a major wildcard since they have had talks with LT Tyrone Smith and traded for RT Morgan Moses.

It’s a toss up, but if Bowers is not there, there will be plenty of good players available.

A WR I can see them targeting would be Malachi Corley. YAC master Deebo type! Not a great route runner but just try to get the ball in his hands and let him work. I’m very interested to see what his pro day results will be.
                I could see Brian Thomas. 4.35 and good route running, good hands, big radius - he was overshadowed by Nabers but is really good. Classic WR1
                I could see McConkey - 4.39, wicked change of direction, stop/start, accelerating separation skills, watch his tape. Will be elite out of slot and motion.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Yeah, I think they will find a way to use all of Herbert's talents. That means getting the deep routes. I don't buy for a second that QJ can't be that guy. His college tape shows what he can do. He was used incorrectly all last year.

To get those routes open, you need 2 things... a good running game (to make play-action believable) and tackles that can hold their own on the edges. IMO, Fuaga is the best run-blocking OT in quite a while. So the first part of the equation (running the ball... selling play-action) is resolved in a way that no other prospect could possibly provide. You could improve the run game with Dissly helping Pipkins... but we'd be far better with Fuaga beating his man and unleashing Dissly to the 2nd level. As far as pass blocking, Fuaga is not Alt or Fashanu... a Dissly chip makes sense. But trying to sell Pipkins to me on this particular subject will be hard. Pipkins has been historically abused by AFC West edge rushers for years now. Those deep routes don't develop with Pipkins in there @RT. The evidence is overwhelming. No craving for WR or TE will fix this. Again, you could tie Dissly to Pipkins hip on 90% of his snaps... but that is just an extremely un-creative way to use Dissly. Did we really just pay Dissly $14m to babysit Pipkins...? Couldn't we have done that more cheaply by drafting AJ Barner in the 6th round...?

Keep in mind that we just reunited Hortiz/Hurst. Many will downplay that move (for personal preferences)... but again, we didn't just sign Hurst for $22m as a backup. I suspect we find a backup for him somewhere around the 4th or 5th round.
                  QJ cannot be that guy, He is not Williams. The best use would be to try and get the football in his hands for yards after the catch. He'll make a long
                  catch now and then, so does Palmer. QJ is probably the closest thing we got to Deebo.

A good run game requires OGs that can open holes. The OT's job is to take care of the DE or edge guy on run plays and get to the second level when
                  possible. Fuaga is not going to fix all our problems. In pass pro once he gets beat he's slow to recover, That's a trait that Pipkins also suffers from.
                  Dissly is not a receiving TE. He was brought in to block. Hurst is a reclamation project. He's got serious concussion and other problems. He may
                  work out or retire after one bad hit. Difficult to say. With Dissly we got better with a blocking TE which we were horrible at last couple of years.
                  So that's going to help both our run and passing game. We did not help Pipkins on those plays where he got beat. That's a fallacy since our
                  TEs cannot block. But you seem to believe Pipkins got a lot of help, he did not.

If we trade back I am fine taking Fuaga or some other RT to replace Pipkins. If we stay at #5 no way. We need playmakers whether we wait until
                  the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round we're taking some receivers some time and maybe more than one. But at #5 I prefer one of the three top receivers.
                  At eleven I would take Bowers if available, but am good with a RT as well.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I could see Brian Thomas. 4.35 and good route running, good hands, big radius - he was overshadowed by Nabers but is really good. Classic WR1
                    I could see McConkey - 4.39, wicked change of direction, stop/start, accelerating separation skills, watch his tape. Will be elite out of slot and motion.
                    I would be happy with either one of these guys. I’m also a big fan of AD Mitchell. Great speed, size, hands and route running.

We know that Harbaugh loves his WRs to block as well. Not sure how good any of these guys are at blocking.

Cornelius Johnson at 6’3 212 lbs 4.45 speed is enticing in the 5th. Not sure how his rout running or hands are but we know he can run and block.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Be kind of cool if he said it and means it

That would really shake things up
                      So far they've been true to their word which is that we want to be able to run the ball more. Hello Gus and Dissly. Goodby MW and KA.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Agree with a lot of this...

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

I hope they try and trade Morgan Fox still. Just doesn’t seem like a fit for Minter’s defense. I’d take a 6th for him. Call up Roseman in Philly. He fits the Fangio system. Then draft Jenkins in the 2nd

I’m also intrigued to see what the Dline coach can do specifically with Jarrod Clark and CJ Okoye this year. I believe Okoye has one more year available to keep on the practice squad without getting scooped up. I could be wrong though.

Comment

Working...
                          X