Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
    Boy Wonder to date....

QB * re signed Easton Stick * would love to see a Joe Milton add here
    RB * signed FA Gus Edwards, good bye Austin/Joshua * two via the draft (Jaylen Wright/Keilan Robinson ??)
    WR * good bye Keenan/MW * gonna guess we bring one in via FA (Tyler Boyd ?) and one via the draft (Luke McCaffrey ?)
    TE * hello Will Dissly/Hayden Hurst, good bye Gerald/Nick Vannett * Ben Sinnott or bust for my likin'
    OT * re signed Foster Sarell * Fuaga and Tyler Grable are on my draft radar here
    OG * am gonna scry that we are set, passing on OG in the draft and in FA ??
    OC * signed FA Bradley Bozeman, saved major cap w/Linsley * could forego the OC in the draft and wait 'til Connor Williams is ready to come in on a midseason discount FA contract, w/Jaimes (or Salyer a backup 'til then ?)

NT * good bye Austin Johnson * not sure am more keen on anyone for us than T'Vondre Sweat
    DT * signed FA Poona Ford * if we nab 23, sure would feel better 'bout a Jer'Zhan Newton/Byron Murphy add here
    DE * restructured Bosa * def talent @ED @the both of 11 & 23 if we feel it's a priority
    ED * restructured Khalil * would be nice if he's still w/us for the '025
    LB * signed FAs Denzel Perryman/Troy Dye, good bye Erick Kendricks/Kenneth Murray * addition by subtraction, or is this a priority @23/day two ??
    CB * good bye Essang Bassey/Mike D. * yep, we've got some work to do here.... one in FA, one in the draft/day three ??
    S * re signed FA Alohi Gilman * nice'm, and.... any chance Joe can snare us Cole Bishop day two/three ??

PK * re signed Cameron D. * nice'm

so what are your thoughts.... how are our cape crusaders doing to date ??

personally gotta give a thumb's up to Dicker 'n Gilman, the Perryman/Troy Dye additions, Khalil coming back, letting AJ go, and am warming to the BB signing, like the Will Dissly add, and no complaints re: waving good bye to Austin/MW
    love the Joe Milton name - that dude can flip it - as Arians would say. at the combine he threw a pass 70+ and it was an easy 70 yards

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The Athletic doesn't. They have dropped us from 20 to 26 in their power rankings when looking at who we lost and who we brought in. Of course, we aren't done and there is still the draft but so far they are not impressed.
      I could give a rat's ass about The Athletic pinheads. Being a sportswriter is just like being a music critic. You value your own opinion above all and you wonder why nobody likes you.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Kristian Fulton, Titans CB - visiting the Chargers. If this deal happens, there goes that 6th round comp pick for Murray

And I would have no problem with that - especially at his age - could be a long term answer at CB

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
          Kristian Fulton, Titans CB - visiting the Chargers. If this deal happens, there goes that 6th round comp pick for Murray

And I would have no problem with that - especially at his age - could be a long term answer at CB

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1770169655954423980
          No idea if he’s any good. Was he a cut candidate or did he finish his rookie deal?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

No idea if he’s any good. Was he a cut candidate or did he finish his rookie deal?
            Welp! Just checked PFF - and he was 46.4

Asante was 73

So about that long term deal - never mind
            One year deal for $1.5-2m - better

And yes, he finished his rookie deal

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Welp! Just checked PFF - and he was 46.4

Asante was 73

So about that long term deal - never mind
              One year deal for $1.5-2m - better

And yes, he finished his rookie deal
              Yeah definitely one year prove it deal. Especially given what a Titans fan have told me. Sounds like Michael Davis in his off years 😅

Was insanely bad last year, like one of the worst corners in football, a walking pass interference penalty, and burned for long TDs basically every week. He was always pretty solid before that though, so no idea what happened. A bounce back is def possible. The other thing though is his hamstrings are made of tissue paper and availability has been a significant problem

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He wasnt good last season and thats what i said. Highlights of their games and stats. Rookie QBs tend to hold the ball longer and i said it could be on him. He was sacked a high number of times in games last season. And Young is only 5'10". Those shorter QBs have a hard time seeing the field. They still say Murray cant see the middle of the field very well. Youngs QB rating was only 2.1 higher than Tyler Bagent. Granted Bagent only played in 4.5 games but still. Young was not good.

Russel Wilson, a shorter QB still is always one of the most sacked QBs in the league because he holds the ball too long because id guess he cant see the whole field very well.His biggest knock.

And i agree...Richardson is worse and dont think he will be a very good NFL QB.
                Young had a Rating of 73, QBR of 33, and we're debating if he was good?

I saw a bit of Panthers games, not a lot as they were pretty unwatchable. He holds the ball too long, he's indecisive and looks panicked, and when he did throw he threw a lot of really shit passes. he averaged 5.5 yards per reception, not sure I've ever heard of an average that small. 11TDs vs 10 INT is coach-killing stats. add in 2 fumbles and he almost had more turnovers than TDs (he was fortunate and didn't lose either fumble)
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Decent young vet who can make plays. Misses 4+ games per year with injuries. Starter potential. We still need to draft a quality prospect or two if we sign him.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Maybe Jim just wants Stick to gain confidence passing on Fulton during practice?
                    genius.
                    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Fulton = reclamation project. Should be cheap, loads of talent and issues.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        Maybe Jim just wants Stick to gain confidence passing on Fulton during practice?
                        genius.
                        Man, you guy are vicious around here!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Jack Burton
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2023
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Young had a Rating of 73, QBR of 33, and we're debating if he was good?

I saw a bit of Panthers games, not a lot as they were pretty unwatchable. He holds the ball too long, he's indecisive and looks panicked, and when he did throw he threw a lot of really shit passes. he averaged 5.5 yards per reception, not sure I've ever heard of an average that small. 11TDs vs 10 INT is coach-killing stats. add in 2 fumbles and he almost had more turnovers than TDs (he was fortunate and didn't lose either fumble)
                          Some of the podcast guys made this point about Bozeman. He was asked to block for a shit ton lot longer cause Young held the ball waaaay too long…..Young was terrible last year. Worst weapons roster in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                          X