• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

You think Justin Simmons is signing for the veteran minimum?? He has been good for his whole time in Denver. 2nd team all pro in 2021 and 2022
    I was referring to Isiah Simmons - sorry -- forgot about Justin

Justin and James would cause havoc - -thats a good point

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

What's he get paid? I'd trade the 4th we got for Keenan depending on price.

I have to smile at all the people who think every WR in this class is going to step up and be a big contributor as a rookie. Come on men. It never works out that way.
      4th round pick for Aiyuk is different. But there is still the contract. But he is a damn good player. That said, probably still passing on the big money deal this year and keeping the pick

But a 4th rounder - thats interesting. But Aiyuk will probably get a 1st for the Niners

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

What's he get paid? I'd trade the 4th we got for Keenan depending on price.

I have to smile at all the people who think every WR in this class is going to step up and be a big contributor as a rookie. Come on men. It never works out that way.
        Chances are better with Telesco not drafting in a lot stronger WR class than last year. I feel a whole lot and confident that Hortiz is drafting than TT

And sure, id trade them a 7th but they aren't looking for a 4th or 7th, they are looking for a first, and his cap hit is 14.1 mil. Then you got to resign him or waste your first round pick.

But we can use your logic and just sign and trade our draft picks away for players to fill our whole roster because some picks will fail.
        Nevermind that it's best to build from the draft.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Chances are better with Telesco not drafting in a lot stronger WR class than last year.

And sure, id trade them a 7th but they aren't looking for a 4th or 7th, they are looking for a first, and his cap hit is 14.1 mil. Then you got to resign him.

But we can use your logic and just sign and trade our draft picks away for our whole roster because some will fail.
          Nevermind they say it's best to build from the draft.
          That's not my logic. My logic is that 100% of draft picks don't hit. And once you're below the first 2 rounds its probably in the 20% area. So sometimes its better to get a guy that has proven he can play at a premium position as opposed to the crap shoot of a draft pick.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

4th round pick for Aiyuk is different. But there is still the contract. But he is a damn good player. That said, probably still passing on the big money deal this year and keeping the pick

But a 4th rounder - thats interesting. But Aiyuk will probably get a 1st for the Niners
            nah. can't be? not when he's on a one year contract. really? dang ... idunno but dang.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

nah. can't be? not when he's on a one year contract. really? dang ... idunno but dang.
              Maybe it was the Niners asking for a 1st from the Jags and Zay Jones

Aiyuk is a good football player. Plus they wouldn't make a trade unless he got a new deal - meaning the team trading for him for the reason you mention - wouldn't want to give up a draft pick and not sign him

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

That's not my logic. My logic is that 100% of draft picks don't hit. And once you're below the first 2 rounds its probably in the 20% area. So sometimes its better to get a guy that has proven he can play at a premium position as opposed to the crap shoot of a draft pick.
                Sometimes yes, but that isn't this year. His cap hit is 14.1 mil. We are picking high in every round so our chances are much better with a deep class.

Probably why we aren't signing a WR and a reason we signed a RB and two TEs. Weak classes in both.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

At least Michael Davis is capable of playing well.
                  So is Fulton. He was a 2nd round draft choice not an UDFA. Has played well at times for Tennessee as their CB 1. I have a buddy who is a hard core Titan fan says injuries have derailed him as much as anything. Still only 25.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I agree. But two things to consider:

1. They need two WRs, they are going to have to expend a lot of draft capital just to fill that void.

2. Aiyuk is a veteran who has been to couple of Super Bowls. Our current corps, with two rookies added, is very inexperienced.
                    You can pick up another cheap WR FA option as well. So you don’t need to use two draft picks on a WR. Additionally, I trust Harbaugh and the coaching staff to make QJ better and keep Palmer healthy. And probably find a way to use Davis more.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

At least Michael Davis is capable of playing well.
                      Fulton is capable as well. Though the last time was in 2021.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Fun take on Rich Eisen show but what do the Jets have to trade up for MH2 this year. The only way I do this trade is if they include Sauce Gardner with the #10. Otherwise pound sand and we don't need next years #1 for a crap trade. Some how we are looking like sap suckers here in the NFL world.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

TN: Alt
                          Atl: Dallas Turner
                          Chicago: Do they add Odunze to Moore and Allen - maybe
                          NY Jets: Oline or TE

Maybe Odunze drops to 11

but if the Chargers want WR - they stay at 5 or maybe flip flop by the Gmen if they want QB
                          I can totally see Odunze there at 11. As you point out above, likely.

Comment

Working...
                          X