• Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

great talent but a RB with that injury history is un hirable.... waste of a roster spot....
    Still better than Spliller who really is terrible, no burst and no power.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

OTC has the Chargers getting three comp picks
      2 in the Sixth for Murray and Everett
      and 1 in the 7th for Davis

Chargers are already getting the Patriots pick in 2025 - so today, would be 11 draft picks
      I think OTC just needs to update their site, it doesn't make sense that even though Michael Davis is getting more APY than Gus Edwards 3.58 vs 3.25, why would Edwards cancel with Ekeler who is at 4.22? Edwards should cancel out with the lowest number and that is Davis...

we'll know more once we learn how much Fulton came in for and they haven't added Fulton or Austin Johnson who got 4.0 mil from buffalo...
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Josh Reynolds just signed with the Broncos for 2 years up to 14m

So who really knows what the actual value is - but I think Joe Hortiz has time to wait out the veteran WR market until post draft

Who knows, the draft stars might align WR heavy for some reason and he not only takes MHJr or Nabers in R1 but another one down the road. But yes, he is not concerned

And if Josh Reynolds is that much - I will jsut wait until post draft at this point - save the comp pick. Unless the player was released.
        The Denver over pays continue. If you wanted Boyd cheaper than 7 mil, Paten just fucked that up again. Reynolds had a career high in receptions last season with 40.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Right. ...4 is the max and I'll take that.
          Still got time for other FAs to sign and could knock us down a notch or even out. If we end up w/ 4,....that's great.
          More than we ever had in our first year with a new GM. Telesco sucked.
          I read somewhere that the 49ers are considered the kings of the Comp pick and perhaps recently they've been on fire especially with the minority hire guys that have brought them a LOT of 3rd round comp picks...but over the length of time that I've been keeping track of comp picks going back to the old AJ Smith days, NOBODY has played the comp pick game better than the Ravens over time...it's so refreshing to have a GM that not only comes from that school of thought but is already proving to be a master at finding talent without compromising the goal of getting comps...I'm starting to think TT was a bit of a fucking fraud, like as in he wasn't doing the full dive on getting the most out of the GM position...
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Chargers also get a 6th or 7th for Hopkins from Cleveland in 2025
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
              Agreed but he adds to the group more than Spiller and Dotson. Then we draft another RB.
              Spiller and Dotson add zero, no argument there. I'd love to have Dobbs on the roster as a third option, but the RB committee with Gus Edwards needs another RB who doesn't have Dobbs' injury history. I think they will draft another RB. But if they could build the RB corps with veteran free agents and not draft a RB with a premium pick (rnds 1-4), they could use their first five picks on another needs, including maybe drafting two WR.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Watched pretty much every Dobbins game from college. I am a big fan of him. But just to set expectations:

Freshman - outstanding, Soph - had an off year, just did not look like same player, Jr - outstanding and dominating. Ran with power, great speed and balance, very quick. Good receiver

As an NFL rookie did not play until last half of the season. He was good, but did not look as good as he did at OSU. Year two he tore his LCL, ACL, his hamstring, and had meniscus issues. Missed most of the season. Year 3 tore his Achilles in week one.

He is worth a low ball contract. I fear he may have Jason Verrett syndrome —a really talented player with awful injury luck. And he really has barely played as a pro. When he has played, he has good stats but he has not shown the balance and quickness and speed I saw in college. If you watch his highlights even when he breaks free you will see some stumbling without being touched and he gets caught from behind most of the time. He is a real risk and just don’t want everyone disappointed. I am really rooting for him and hope he comes here and realizes his tremendous potential.

Corum reminds me a lot of Dobbins, BTW

TG
                dobbins is a waste of time, they need to draft a RB in round 4 or 5, signing dobbins means wasted roster spot once he gets hurt again and no RB would probably get drafted...

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Sign Dobbins, draft Corum. RB room done.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    I'm all for signing Dobbins, he is a fantastic talent, but they can't put themselves in the position of having to depend on him to be RB2 in a committee with Edwards. His injury history is just too significant. ACL tear. LCL tear. Hamstring tear. Achilles tear week 1 last season.

He looked great his rookie season. 134 carries for 805 yds/6.0 ypc, 9 rushing TDs. But has played in only 9 games the past three seasons. Missed all of 2021.

He's 5-9/212 and clocked a 4.39 40 coming of Ohio State in 2020. Whether or not he can still run like that remains to be seen. One thing going for him is he's still relatively young, just turned 25 in mid December.

It'd be great to have him on the roster, but don't put the offense in a position they have to depend on him to be on the field helping to carry the load. He can be icing on the cake though.
                    dobbins is not a sound luxury for this team, he's not going to carry the load BUT doesn't add anything on STs either, plus he's is just not going to stay on the field, it's pointless to sign him, even a 1 year vet minimum deal becomes guaranteed if he's on the roster after after TC...at this point I would sign him to the PS after the season starts and see how he's healing from his latest injury, work him back slowly and keep him in reserve in case injuries mount at RB, then if needed activate him later in the year when he's had even more time to mend and hope he can contribute in lieu of whoever got hurt...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                      Sign Dobbins, draft Corum. RB room done.
                      that's just lazy, and means injury prone RB room that can't be counted on for shit....no, they need to bring in one of these 4rth or 5th round backs and put TT to fucking shame...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Still better than Spliller who really is terrible, no burst and no power.
                        doesn't matter that he's talented he can't stay healthy to save his Johnson...practice squad is okay, on the roster, no, use the spot on someone that can stay on the field.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

that's just lazy, and means injury prone RB room that can't be counted on for shit....no, they need to bring in one of these 4rth or 5th round backs and put TT to fucking shame...
                          There is obviously some roll of the dice here, but that is why you get a big talent , 25 years old, ona one year prove it deal for 2 million or less.

Comment

Working...
                          X