• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Icebolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2023
    • Send PM

Florio rumors change weekly. I live in Minnesota and they love this rumor. Even if it true, I cannot see the NFL making a change one week before this years draft.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post
      Florio rumors change weekly. I live in Minnesota and they love this rumor. Even if it true, I cannot see the NFL making a change one week before this years draft.
      Speaking of Florio, he opines here that the Chiefs aren't all that really, and the Chargers are going to be a lot better and motivated. Kelce is going to be 35.

Comment

• RockyMtnBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2022
        • Send PM

You have not been paying attention. They are not drafting a WR. Just in the other thread there was an article posted about how teams just really never learn. Basically you should trade down most times ( unless a QB ). The differences between "elite-cannot pass this guy up" and the next guy is never much of a gap. It's a guessing game and you need the most guesses. Baltimore has done this many time.
        We are trading back
        I have been paying attention…just don’t really agree . Jeremiah and Brooks did their podcast looking back it the WR’s drafted in the first 3 rounds over the past 4 or 5 years and it reinforces that the hit rate for WR’s picked in the top 10 has been extremely high. WR’s picked later are very hit or miss with most late 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks being JAGs or busts.

There are only so many “elite” talents and we are in position to get that this year. I’d much rather pick elite WR at 5 and trade down in the 2nd round for multiple top 100 picks. The difference between player number 30 and 90 is not as great as the difference between Number 1 and 30. We can get one of the top 2 players in this draft….if we trade out it better be for a haul….and no, 11 & 23 is not enough.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by RockyMtnBoltFan View Post

I have been paying attention…just don’t really agree . Jeremiah and Brooks did their podcast looking back it the WR’s drafted in the first 3 rounds over the past 4 or 5 years and it reinforces that the hit rate for WR’s picked in the top 10 has been extremely high. WR’s picked later are very hit or miss with most late 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks being JAGs or busts.

There are only so many “elite” talents and we are in position to get that this year. I’d much rather pick elite WR at 5 and trade down in the 2nd round for multiple top 100 picks. The difference between player number 30 and 90 is not as great as the difference between Number 1 and 30. We can get one of the top 2 players in this draft….if we trade out it better be for a haul….and no, 11 & 23 is not enough.
          My guess is there is a bigger gap between 5 and 10 than 10 and 20. So yes, for a top 5 pick, if you are trading out, you need GREAT value. Just not good value, just not point chart value (whatever chart you use) - but GREAT value.

And you are correct, Hortiz can always use the early 2nd round to get another 4th rounder. Chargers are in a great spot. Just because they have so many needs, I still prefer a trade down but only for the right trade.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I prefer to trade back too for the reasons you mention -- there are so many needs and wants

that said, to trade back from 5, especially with QB premium, it does need to be something like 11 and 23. The Jeremiah idea to go from 5 to 10 was horrible. Chargers need to get GREAT value to move off of a top 5 pick

And in fact, I like the idea of MN trading with AZ and AZ trading back up with AZ and hte chargers getting 11 and AZ's picks in Rounds 2 and 3;; that would be 7 picks in the top 110 or so. Granted, if they get 11 and 23, no reason they cannot trade back from 23 - but we know those two AZ picks are at the top of each round
            Bruglers latest 7 rounder i posted, has us getting 11 and 35 only from AZ. IMO no way we settle just for that and letting them get MHJ. Pretty sure we will also ask for a 3rd or 4th...if we dont ask for 11 and 27. He has AZ getting 11, 23 and a 2025 3rd but short changes us.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

You have not been paying attention. They are not drafting a WR. Just in the other thread there was an article posted about how teams just really never learn. Basically you should trade down most times ( unless a QB ). The differences between "elite-cannot pass this guy up" and the next guy is never much of a gap. It's a guessing game and you need the most guesses. Baltimore has done this many time.
              We are trading back
              There are also articles before that said you shouldnt trade down often and then posted a graph of HOFers from each round. First round by far exceeds the 2nd round and so on and so on. Best to draft the best players but in a deep draft that has strenghts in rounds 2 thru 3...sometimes 4, its a good idea.

So depends on the draft. I dont think trading down all the time is always a good strategy.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Bruglers latest 7 rounder i posted, has us getting 11 and 35 only from AZ. IMO no way we settle just for that and letting them get MHJ. Pretty sure we will also ask for a 3rd or 4th...if we dont ask for 11 and 27. He has AZ getting 11, 23 and a 2025 3rd but short changes us.
                And to Dane Brugler like I thought to Jeremiah - GTFOH with that BS!!!

Again, this is a top 5 pick -- thats not nearly enough 0-- the 2025 pick would have to be another 2nd rounder or they would have to include the 2024 3rd rounder

Comment

• Chargers8491
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2022
                  • Send PM

I would be content if the traded back with the g-men and got an extra 2nd and/or 3rd pick.
                  1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                  2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                  2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                  3a- #66 Puni OT
                  3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                  4a- #105 Rice WR
                  4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                  5- #140 Green CB
                  6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Heat, nice find there on Heins--big dude at 6-6 and 264#...Sammie Small Schooler but looks like a nice sleeper pick day 3. I like the dude's hands and catch radius:

https://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php...DraftYear=2024
                    Reiman really popped at the combine when he ran 4.64 at the combine, which is usually slower than pro day times, and showed good hands and strength. He vaulted from nobody up the list ahead of several TE prospects after that.

Heins 40 is in the 4.7's to 4.9's or even higher depending on who you believe as nobody really has confirmed time. My recommendation is skip the sammy small school project idea (he's likely available as UDFA, sign him there if you want), go and take the Big 10 Fighting Illini kid if you don't draft a higher rated TE earlier. Probably need to take him Rd4 if you want to be sure to get him, though he could last to 5.

Reiman totally seems like a "Harbaugh player" btw. pretty sure he chews nails.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I would be content if the traded back with the g-men and got an extra 2nd and/or 3rd pick.
                      Not going to get 2 picks by moving back 1 spot. We would probably get their 3rd.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2022
                        • Send PM

Not going to get 2 picks by moving back 1 spot. We would probably get their 3rd.
                        Wishful thinking for getting and 2nd and 3rd but threw that out there because of overpay due to the possibility of a bidding war if Zona sticks and picks MHJ at #4
                        1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                        2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                        2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                        3a- #66 Puni OT
                        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                        4a- #105 Rice WR
                        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                        5- #140 Green CB
                        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Reiman really popped at the combine when he ran 4.64 at the combine, which is usually slower than pro day times, and showed good hands and strength. He vaulted from nobody up the list ahead of several TE prospects after that.

Heins 40 is in the 4.7's to 4.9's or even higher depending on who you believe as nobody really has confirmed time. My recommendation is skip the sammy small school project idea (he's likely available as UDFA, sign him there if you want), go and take the Big 10 Fighting Illini kid if you don't draft a higher rated TE earlier. Probably need to take him Rd4 if you want to be sure to get him, though he could last to 5.

Reiman totally seems like a "Harbaugh player" btw. pretty sure he chews nails.
                          Reiman is a blocking TE...he wont be much as a reciever in the NFL. He could develope but Much rather have Wiley but Wiley could be a 4th rounder and Reiman imo a 5th-6th. I think Brugler has Wiley going 3rd...even ahead of Sinnott who he has first pick in round 4.

If we dont get Bowers, Sinnott and Wiley would be my targets.

Comment

Working...
                          X