• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

What team is willing to give up a couple of first rounders for our number 5 pick? I don't see anything to make me believe a team will. Considering the rich talent this draft has. While I don't think Pipkins is great, he is adequate for now. I'd prefer the later rounds or even UDFA to find competition for Pipkins.
    Sad that’s the level he’s at after five years. But moving on..

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2020
      • Oklahoma
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Directed at me... or Wu...?
      I've already posted my mock... a page back, or so.

Edit: On the SuperDuper Thread.
      Sorry, Wu

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

There are a 4 mocks on CBS w MIN giving us the #11 and #23 for our #5.
        #11 gives us exactly what we need to run our offense (RT) Fuaga or Latham
        #23 gives us a head start on re-building our defense (LB, DT, or CB).

Couple that with additional selections @#37 and #69 (BPA's)... and you have 4 new starters.
        A really smart attack plan!

Then 2 fourth rounders for quality depth.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          I am not minding the idea of Chark as part of the WR group, brings some experience.

6 ft 3....was a 2nd round pick...out of LSU, a receiver factory....ran a 4.34 40...brings speed we badly need....has made a Pro Bowl....still only 27....has been slowed by injuries last couole of years and playing in Carolina... you could get him for a year at 4-5 million

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

I am not minding the idea of Chark as part of the WR group, brings some experience.

6 ft 3....was a 2nd round pick...out of LSU, a receiver factory....ran a 4.34 40...brings speed we badly need....has made a Pro Bowl....still only 27....has been slowed by injuries last couole of years and playing in Carolina...you could get him for a year at 4-5 million
            maybe after the draft?
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

6 ft 3....was a 2nd round pick...out of LSU, a receiver factory....ran a 4.34 40...brings speed we badly need....has made a Pro Bowl....still only 27....has been slowed by injuries last couole of years and playing in Carolina... you could get him for a year at 4-5 million
              I think Chark would fit well. This is what Lance Zierline wrote about him coming out of college...
              Tall and fast, Chark is a linear route-runner who may need a limited route tree, but who has the potential to back safeties off the line of scrimmage. Chark will be coveted by play-action passing attacks looking to win with chunk plays down the field...

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Sad that’s the level he’s at after five years. But moving on..
                What is your solution then? Do you think Hortiz and Harbaugh are going to address RT before they address the other areas that more badly need to be addressed?

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Ontario , Canada
                  • Send PM

#11 gives us exactly what we need to run our offense (RT) Fuaga or Latham
                  #23 gives us a head start on re-building our defense (LB, DT, or CB).

Couple that with additional selections @#37 and #69 (BPA's)... and you have 4 new starters.
                  A really smart attack plan!

Then 2 fourth rounders for quality depth.
                  It has really been since Shane Olivea in Marty's O since we have had a really good RT IMO. I hope they make the trade and take either of those RTs. Chark + a RT would improve the O more than a WR at 5 alone. The team could be very competitive this year even under that trade down scenario.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

It has really been since Shane Olivea in Marty's O since we have had a really good RT IMO. I hope they make the trade and take either of those RTs. Chark + a RT would improve the O more than a WR at 5 alone. The team could be very competitive this year even under that trade down scenario.
                    Who are they going to stick next to the rook at RT: Salyer or McFadden?

And how do you think that will work out on 3rd & passing downs with blitz packages probing the right side again? Chark will bail them out?

They paired up Olivea with Mike Goff.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

The fact that they replaced Olivea with inadequate RT's was an afront to Phillip Rivers' career... what a waste.
                      Harbaugh believes that Herbert can be an unstoppable force if we can build him a running game. He's 100% right!
                      Settling for Plumpkins won't do the trick. He's had 2 years under Duke Manyweather... and is still only adequate (at best).
                      Time to get a real RT. They are there for the taking... Fuaga being the best run-blocking OT in quite a while.

DJ Chark was built for a play-action passing game. It was no accident that they met with him.
                      With all of TT's deserved criticism... he did Harbaugh a favor in drafting QJ. He's built for a play-action offense also, And Jim knows that.
                      They've already brought in 2 TE's to run Roman's 21-personnel. That is no accident either.
                      The build is almost done. We will be competitive next year.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Who are they going to stick next to the rook at RT: Salyer or McFadden?

And how do you think that will work out on 3rd & passing downs with blitz packages probing the right side again? Chark will bail them out?

They paired up Olivea with Mike Goff.
                        That will be for Roman/Devlin/Harbaugh to decide. If Salyer/McFadden is not enough... don't be surprised to see Zak Zinter.
                        With a strong running game... 3rd-and-long is a thing of the past.

3rd-and-short is not your ideal situation to blitz. Balanced offenses are a nightmare to defense. Get used to it. Chark and QJ could be deadly in 3rd-and-2 situations. I know that will take getting used to for most Chargers' fans. It's been a while.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

That will be for Roman/Devlin/Harbaugh to decide. If Salyer/McFadden is not enough... don't be surprised to see Zak Zinter.
                          With a strong running game... 3rd-and-long is a thing of the past.

3rd-and-short is not your ideal situation to blitz. Balanced offenses are a nightmare to defense. Get used to it. Chark and QJ could be deadly in 3rd-and-2 situations. I know that will take getting used to for most Chargers' fans. It's been a while.
                          Run/Pass AND Left/Right !!

"C Gap" Dissly, Ben Mason have our backs.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X