• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post
    I'm curious how many of the draft Alt or Latham or Fuaga folks were in the draft Trevor Penning camp in 2022?

I'm assuming most won't own up to it about how wrong they were as he is flat out horrible. I could imagine it's the same crowd that doesn't like Pipkins now was calling for Penning then?
    I was in the Trent McDuffie camp.
    Were you in the Treylon Burks camp...?

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

But this guy runs like Pip, how can he get to the old landmarks?
      If you are late to your landmarks, its irrelevant whether you can kick the guys ass, he won't be there.
      This guy (Fuaga) runs nothing like Plumpkins. He hits his landmarks regularly.
      Did you even watch the video...?

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
        i kinda miss chainy

i guess i like punishment, I am a Chargers fan
        U miss all those rants about how we should never have cut T-Billy? Even though he was long gone? I'll say this though, Crusher did make some valid points, though he could be truculent and bellicose at times...

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
          i kinda miss chainy

i guess i like punishment, I am a Chargers fan
          I share your sentiment.
          I missed those bygone days of long pitched battles over minutiae where Chainy bravely faced off against half the board and wore them out with filibuster tactics.
          Right or wrong, he stuck to a position like a barnacle to the hull of a ship.

I made a gesture about bringing him back just for draft season and had it immediately shot down.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

This guy (Fuaga) runs nothing like Plumpkins. He hits his landmarks regularly.
            Did you even watch the video...?
            He's a 5.13 40 plodder like Pip .... must be easier to hit landmarks against Pac 10 defenders.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

He's a 5.13 40 plodder like Pip .... must be easier to hit landmarks against Pac 10 defenders.
              So, you think 40-speed and play-speed are the same, eh?

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2024
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I was in the Trent McDuffie camp.
                Were you in the Treylon Burks camp...?
                Bolt,
                Your dislike of Pipkins is clouding your judgment brother. You need to prepare yourself for the fact that Harbaugh/Hortiz/Harwick/Devlin, all watched the film and have decided that Pipkins is a serviceable RT for 2024 and that he's not the problem the Pipkins whipping boys believe he is. They also invested in a true in-line TE who I've already told you would assist the RT by "owning the C-Gap". This is a factor in their decision for any RT they place out there. You have been in denial about this acquisition and the role Dissly will play in both the Run and Pass Blocking schemes.

People have dug in on their guys here and that's why I don't select certain players but strictly follow the Premium Positional Value.

When you Draft in the Top-10 it's imperative that you stay true to the Premium Positional Value because of the amount of value those players provide an organization.
                Those positions are (QB/LT/WR1/CB1/Edge) (You can argue Safety now)
                In this draft at @5 there are only two positions worthy of that pick that fall into that category (LT/WR1). Since, the Chargers already have an Elite LT that will be getting a lucrative extension soon, that eliminates the LT (Alt) because of the financial obligations that would entail for the Tackle position as a whole.
                So that leaves just One Premium Position with tremendous value to the team left for the #5 pick WR1. And wouldn't you know it, the timing is perfect to reset that position at said tremendous value and pick any one of 3 players at a position (WR1) that has a 100% success rate since 2019 and who has already produced two Super Bowl Appearances since 2021.

That's why the MHJ @5 or Trade back people just continue to ignore Hortiz & Harbaugh when they have told everybody willing to listen that it will take more than fair market to trade upto #5. It's more than MHJ for them in this draft.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

ninja had Penning at least a year before that draft. I was party to the PM's. FACTS.

Regarding Pipkins, I make an effort to keep it all real, to trust the game videos, respectable pundit scouting reports, and my own scout's eye.

There can be an upgrade over Pipkins, or at least an equivalent, with some additional cap room for signing post draft UFAs.

Here's a very plausible yet abhorrent scenario...
                  --MIN trades #11 & #23 for #5.
                  --At #11 we draft ORT, or Bowers, or CB.
                  --#23 LVR trades up for Pennix, getting that 5th year option.
                  --We include Pipkins for Telesco (they need ORT) and get several '24, '25 picks.

If we luck into Bowers or Quinyon or Arnold at #11, then Salyer to ORT and IOL at #37 (Frazier, Morgan) is in play. as well as drafting that tier of ORTs.

There is a golden opportunity to play this '24 draft board like a banjo, and have a golden draft.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Jordan McFadden. They like him already

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      ninja had Penning at least a year before that draft. I was party to the PM's. FACTS.

Regarding Pipkins, I make an effort to keep it all real, to trust the game videos, respectable pundit scouting reports, and my own scout's eye.

There can be an upgrade over Pipkins, or at least an equivalent, with some additional cap room for signing post draft UFAs.

Here's a very plausible yet abhorrent scenario...
                      --MIN trades #11 & #23 for #5.
                      --At #11 we draft ORT, or Bowers, or CB.
                      --#23 LVR trades up for Pennix, getting that 5th year option.
                      --We include Pipkins for Telesco (they need ORT) and get several '24, '25 picks.

If we luck into Bowers or Quinyon or Arnold at #11, then Salyer to ORT and IOL at #37 (Frazier, Morgan) is in play. as well as drafting that tier of ORTs.

There is a golden opportunity to play this '24 draft board like a banjo, and have a golden draft.
                      and we swap Rumph for Malcolm Koonce?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Here is a ranked cluster, based on how "geeked out" Ill be when we select them...

May not be the smartest or most valued prospect ranking...but the Heart wants what the Heart wants...

1. Bowers
                        2. Fuaga
                        3. Odunze
                        5. MHjr
                        6. Latham
                        7. Alt
                        8. Fautanu
                        9. Newton
                        10. DeJean
                        11. Nabors

Just my personal opinion, folks...any one will do nicely...just a measure of how high I jump out the chair, and how loud I yell "LFG!!!"
                        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                          Here is a ranked cluster, based on how "geeked out" Ill be when we select them...

May not be the smartest or most valued prospect ranking...but the Heart wants what the Heart wants...

1. Bowers
                          2. Fuaga
                          3. Odunze
                          5. MHjr
                          6. Latham
                          7. Alt
                          8. Fautanu
                          9. Newton
                          10. DeJean
                          11. Nabors

Just my personal opinion, folks...any one will do nicely...just a measure of how high I jump out the chair, and how loud I yell "LFG!!!"
                          You should read what I just posted in the draft thread what NFL scouts and coaches are saying about the WRS. I dont think Nabers will be 11 on your list anymore

Comment

Working...
                          X