Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

You should read what I just posted in the draft thread what NFL scouts and coaches are saying about the WRS. I dont think Nabers will be 11 on your list anymore
    Im not as high on Nabors, though I havnt read that yet...but its not talent...its fit. He could be amazing on alot of teams, who will scheme a chunk of the offense for what he can do outta the slot...Jim isnt gonna do that...he will be run heavy, play action...and he most likely covets physical, do all receivers who can block...jmo...we did have him in for a visit...but just doesnt seem like a Harbaugh guy...but hey...its MY list!
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2022
      • White Rock, BC Canada
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Im not as high on Nabors, though I havnt read that yet...but its not talent...its fit. He could be amazing on alot of teams, who will scheme a chunk of the offense for what he can do outta the slot...Jim isnt gonna do that...he will be run heavy, play action...and he most likely covets physical, do all receivers who can block...jmo...we did have him in for a visit...but just doesnt seem like a Harbaugh guy...but hey...its MY list!
      Go read it!!!

Tell me you wont move him up to at least 10 on your list when you read actual NFL WR coaches saying they like him better than Marvin and saying he has elements of J'Marr Chase and Tyreek Hill in him

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Go read it!!!

Tell me you wont move him up to at least 10 on your list when you read actual NFL WR coaches saying they like him better than Marvin and saying he has elements of J'Marr Chase and Tyreek Hill in him
        Just read it...and its just a stupid opinion list of mine...Im just not in love with him as some other prospects...but like I said...any of those guys excite me...and if Jim picks him, that will instantly raise my opinion of him...because that means Jim and Joe liked him in the meeting, and foresee a big role for him....I wont be worried about being wrong!
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

and we swap Rumph for Malcolm Koonce?
          Yes.
          This is TT.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Just read it...and its just a stupid opinion list of mine...Im just not in love with him as some other prospects...but like I said...any of those guys excite me...and if Jim picks him, that will instantly raise my opinion of him...because that means Jim and Joe liked him in the meeting, and foresee a big role for him....I wont be worried about being wrong!
            I hear ya.

I admit the article got my attention. We have all been longing for an explosive, exciting weapon on this offense that can generate YAC. Whether we run the ball with Roman and Harbaugh or not, Herbert needs a good WR to throw to and why not have a receiver who can burn the defense on any throw?

It also caught my attention that a couple of the NFL scouts and WR coaches are wondering about how fast Marvin really is. Maybe he didnt run at all pre draft for a reason other than just being cocky and thinking he doesnt have to? Odunze is another big WR. He manned up at the combine and ran a respectable 4.45.

Not saying Marvin isnt good and i wouldn't be happy with him, but mock drafts aside, the buzz that some real NFL people like Nabers better than Marvin seems legitimate.

Comment

• charger1_sj
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2022
              • Send PM

He's a thick guy, 6'0" 200lbs. He can play outside or in the slot. He definitely can do more damage in the slot. But I wouldn't say he's not a
              Harbaugh guy in as far as talent and what he can do on the field goes. As for character, that maybe a different story.

He's by far the most athletic, quickest and explosive of the top three guys. He doesn't have the catch radius of MH2 or Odunze. Has
              good hands but most likely not as good as MH2 or Odunze. Also some improvement needed in route running. But the guy can fly
              and he gets open.

@5 if we miss on MH2 and want a WR he's the guy in my book.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Irmo, SC
                • Send PM

Here is a ranked cluster, based on how "geeked out" Ill be when we select them...

May not be the smartest or most valued prospect ranking...but the Heart wants what the Heart wants...

1. Bowers
                2. Fuaga
                3. Odunze
                5. MHjr
                6. Latham
                7. Alt
                8. Fautanu
                9. Newton
                10. DeJean
                11. Nabors

Just my personal opinion, folks...any one will do nicely...just a measure of how high I jump out the chair, and how loud I yell "LFG!!!"
                1a,b,c,d,e. Bowers
                2. Odunze
                3. Alt
                3b. Fuaga

And I agree I think Odunze will be a lot better fit for what Harbaugh wants to do.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Im just not sure Harbaugh wants to use a top 5 pick on a WR that is known more a a slot reciever. He will have to be good at X or Z as well because we wont be in the 3 WR sets as often. This is why i think Bowers is a good pick as he can play the slot as well as inline TE.

If we pick at 5, id think MHJ has to be the pick for WR if he is there. If AZ picks him then id have a hard time not picking Odunze over Nabers.

Its all about the fit for our offense imo and whatever they feel is the fit, im ok with it. If AZ trades out and we stay at 5, MHJ is a no brainer to me....but i still cant shake that Bowers could be their target for Harbaugh for a better fit and maybe we trade to 6, 7 or 9....or just pick him.
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-23-2024, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2022
                    • Send PM

If it's between Nabers and Odunze I'm taking Nabers. You don't have to line him up in the slot. He can also play outside. You can also use him in motion. Lots of ways Harbaugh can use him. @5 you take the best talent and Nabers > Odunze. I'm going to be OK with whoever they take including trading down or taking a RT. But I do think BPA @5 is a WR this year, whether that be MH2 or Nabers.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Thing is, Odunze can line up all the places Nabers does. He has, and successfully in college. How either one does in the pros is a big question mark, but…

Nabers: crazy breakaway speed with the ball in his hands.

Odunze: if the pass is in his zip code, he’ll catch it, guaranteed.

What flavor of really damn good do you prefer? I’m fine with either, or MHj even lol.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Imho, there's too much character risk with Nabers to put over MH2 or Odunze.
                        if he ends up busting, none of us can say we're shocked.
                        At the same.time, if he ends up being a HOF WR elsewhere,, I can live with that, good for him. that's a risk I'm willing to take if it means taking a lesser risk with someone else with just as much upside.
                        Nabers is out for me at 5.

P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                          Imho, there's too much character risk with Nabers to put over MH2 or Odunze.
                          if he ends up busting, none of us can say we're shocked.
                          At the same.time, if he ends up being a HOF WR elsewhere,, I can live with that, good for him. that's a risk I'm willing to take if it means taking a lesser risk with someone else with just as much upside.
                          Nabers is out for me at 5.
                          I'm glad your not picking at #5.
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X