• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post
    Your dislike of Pipkins is clouding your judgment brother. You need to prepare yourself for the fact that Harbaugh/Hortiz/Harwick/Devlin, all watched the film and have decided that Pipkins is a serviceable RT for 2024 and that he's not the problem the Pipkins whipping boys believe he is.
    Well, let's at least wait for the draft and post draft signings before drawing any conclusions about Pip's final spot on the depth chart...IOW, "don't take yer shoes off 'till 'ya get ta da crick!"

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Well, let's at least wait for the draft and post draft signings before drawing any conclusions about Pip's final spot on the depth chart...IOW, "don't take yer shoes off 'till 'ya get ta da crick!"
      Ef that, dude is toast.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

The facts are this...the top 3 receivers taken in the draft will be a better risk than the top 4 QBs taken before us...should we ignore this? I guess if you belive he's going to mentally check out after he gets paid his first contract this can happen to any player taken in the draft. Why would he want to risk getting really Paid with his next contract especially after 3 years? I guess we should also put Shawne Merriman in that category with his sack dance.

I think we might be talking about different things.
        I'm comparing Nabers to the other 2 WRs as risks, not the QBs, who cares about the QBs?
        I'm simply suggesting all 3 have similar upside, all 3 can be number 1 WRs to their offenses.
        Nabers is the only one who has shown potential, maturity issues or issues with bad judgment. Imo the chances he busts is significantly higher than the other 2, and that's why I can't justify drafting him ahead of the other 2, even if it turns out that I'm wrong.
        hope that makes sense.

to answer your question,
        If Merriman was coming out with demarcus ware and a third edge with similar elite potential, and if he got a gun charge in college and looked like a 14 year old girl dancing on tiktok, ya I wouldn't be able to justify drafting him over Ware or the.imaginary 3rd edge.
        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
          Would you do this trade?

Chargers trade back with the Vikings and get picks 11 and 23. Chargers then trade 11 to SF for Brandon Aiyuk and pick 31? It would be like getting three 1st round picks in a way. I know Aiyuk is up for a big contract, but he is an elite separator and has great hands. Not saying SF would do that, just throwing it out there.
          No...no more monster contracts until we're clearly out of cap hell with room to spare...as it is, we're BARELY out of cap hell...

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

and we swap Rumph for Malcolm Koonce?
            Rumph for a 5th rounder...Trader Joe would do that...

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
              Imho, there's too much character risk with Nabers to put over MH2 or Odunze.
              if he ends up busting, none of us can say we're shocked.
              At the same.time, if he ends up being a HOF WR elsewhere,, I can live with that, good for him. that's a risk I'm willing to take if it means taking a lesser risk with someone else with just as much upside.
              Nabers is out for me at 5.
              All things considered, MHJ and Odie over Nabers...Nabers has the "X" factor...in more ways than one...

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I think we might be talking about different things.
                I'm comparing Nabers to the other 2 WRs as risks, not the QBs, who cares about the QBs?
                I'm simply suggesting all 3 have similar upside, all 3 can be number 1 WRs to their offenses.
                Nabers is the only one who has shown potential, maturity issues or issues with bad judgment. Imo the chances he busts is significantly higher than the other 2, and that's why I can't justify drafting him ahead of the other 2, even if it turns out that I'm wrong.
                hope that makes sense.

to answer your question,
                If Merriman was coming out with demarcus ware and a third edge with similar elite potential, and if he got a gun charge in college and looked like a 14 year old girl dancing on tiktok, ya I wouldn't be able to justify drafting him over Ware or the.imaginary 3rd edge.
                I need more than just carrying a concealed weapons charge and jawing with opponents before I would consider Nabers a behavior risk.
                The frequent bleating about how Nabers is not a Jim Harbaugh type of guy? From what little I hear, Nabers is a fierce competitor ... that's a Jim Harbaugh type of guy.

Some seem to have spent quite a bit of time searching the internet trying to dig up unflattering depictions of Nabers.
                I can guarantee you that 90% of 1rst rounders will lead a life of varying degrees of debauchery once they get their hands on money.

Why waste your time this way? Are we back to drafting Telesco's assemblage of monks and really nice guys?

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                  Superbowl?
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Los Angeles/Chicago
                  • Send PM

The ESPN mock draft has Latham going to us at pick 11 and Bowers to Jets at 10 and that would sicken me, I feel Bowers can have a HOF career at a premier game changing position whereas OT isn't really game changing. They say the Falcons at 8 could trade back I'd give them the 11th and perhaps the 2025 3rd rounder we'd get from the Vikings. What are all y'alls thoughts?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I need more than just carrying a concealed weapons charge and jawing with opponents before I would consider Nabers a behavior risk.
                    The frequent bleating about how Nabers is not a Jim Harbaugh type of guy? From what little I hear, Nabers is a fierce competitor ... that's a Jim Harbaugh type of guy.

Some seem to have spent quite a bit of time searching the internet trying to dig up unflattering depictions of Nabers.
                    I can guarantee you that 90% of 1rst rounders will lead a life of varying degrees of debauchery once they get their hands on money.

Why waste your time this way? Are we back to drafting Telesco's assemblage of monks and really nice guys?
                    It is all the great unknown.
                    We do not know how Nabers LAC visit went.
                    We do not know Hortiz/Harbaugh roster building philosophy.
                    We do not know exactly what trade opportunities are in play.
                    We do not know what the Charger big board looks like.

It is ALL educated guesses at best.
                    There has been JJ overhype.
                    The OL bloviating is on full display.

I still see it, in a predictive sense, as Nabers vs Alt vs trade down.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Ah, but how does JH2 see it? My crystal ball is clouded.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I really don't disagree.
                        If MH2 and Odunze weren't in this draft, and Nabers was the clear, consensus WR1, I would be happy rolling the dice.
                        but the fact is that all 3 look like different versions of superman, but only 1 thinks it's a good idea to jeopardize his future by carrying a concealed weapon to mardi gras
                        this isn't some poor kid from my hood trying to get to school safely through a rival neighborhood. This is objectively bad judgment. Which again, isn't the end all be all, but there are only a handful of ways to bust, and this is one.

Why take that risk when younhavyou have presumably 2 other options with approximately similar upside?
                        I won't bash anyone who thinks Nabers is worth the risk but they better be significantly lower on the other 2 imho.
                        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

I see folks on here sniping at other members' favorite guys...only to get triggered when we arent falling all over THEIR GUY...

People...we either stay at 5 and get a great prospect, or we get a lucrative trade back deal, and STILL get a really good prospect...why all the ruckus?

Jim n Joe will settle the debate tommorrow...
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X