Yup. Gonna be a great draft.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

So...Brock Bowers was the first player to win the Mackey award back to back...but did you also know he was a two time finalist for the Lombardi award, given to the nation's top olineman? As a TE!!??

Virtually the same size as LaPorta and Kincaid...beat them out for the Mackey last year...ask the Lions and Bills how their games "translated" to the NFL...

Im hearing some noise, folks...some rumblings...

Oh wait....that's just my stomach...too much coffee...gotta go!
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post

Bolt,
        Your dislike of Pipkins is clouding your judgment brother. You need to prepare yourself for the fact that Harbaugh/Hortiz/Harwick/Devlin, all watched the film and have decided that Pipkins is a serviceable RT for 2024 and that he's not the problem the Pipkins whipping boys believe he is. They also invested in a true in-line TE who I've already told you would assist the RT by "owning the C-Gap". This is a factor in their decision for any RT they place out there. You have been in denial about this acquisition and the role Dissly will play in both the Run and Pass Blocking schemes.

People have dug in on their guys here and that's why I don't select certain players but strictly follow the Premium Positional Value.

When you Draft in the Top-10 it's imperative that you stay true to the Premium Positional Value because of the amount of value those players provide an organization.
        Those positions are (QB/LT/WR1/CB1/Edge) (You can argue Safety now)
        In this draft at @5 there are only two positions worthy of that pick that fall into that category (LT/WR1). Since, the Chargers already have an Elite LT that will be getting a lucrative extension soon, that eliminates the LT (Alt) because of the financial obligations that would entail for the Tackle position as a whole.
        So that leaves just One Premium Position with tremendous value to the team left for the #5 pick WR1. And wouldn't you know it, the timing is perfect to reset that position at said tremendous value and pick any one of 3 players at a position (WR1) that has a 100% success rate since 2019 and who has already produced two Super Bowl Appearances since 2021.

That's why the MHJ @5 or Trade back people just continue to ignore Hortiz & Harbaugh when they have told everybody willing to listen that it will take more than fair market to trade upto #5. It's more than MHJ for them in this draft.
        LOL! You're making a lot of assumptions here... about me, about coaches, and about players.
        It's cool if you think Pipkins is a good player... I don't. There is no hate... I just don't think he can get the job done for Greg Roman. I've posted numerous reasons why... I'm not going to post them again. The draft is 2 days away. We'll see whether Greg Roman believes in Trey Pipkins soon enough. As for Dissly... he was brought here to do his own work. His game tape is available. There are numerous articles about Greg Roman's offense. We'll just have to agree to disagree on that point.

Like you, I think there are some premium positions... unlike you, I believe the RT is one of them. We've had shit RT's for years now. The evidence is overwhelming. If MHJ is there @#5 (improbable) I would take him over Alt. But I want better than #5... I prefer #11 and #23 for obvious reasons. If MHJ is gone @#5 (and we don't trade back) then Joe Alt is probably my choice. I recognize Nabers talent. I also recognize his immaturity and risk. I've watched too much of his actual tape to go so fanboy that I lose all reasonable evaluation. Because of his character, I'd actually take Odunze over Nabers. I've been watching Odunze for the last 2 years... he was my early 2023 draft favorite (before he opted to stay in college).

#11 and #23 are valued 310 points more than #5. It's more than fair value (an extra 2nd round value). If anybody is ignoring anything... it's the shiny-toy people. Hortiz... Harbaugh... Roman... Bischoff.. they've all told us "we're going to run the ball"... "we're going to protect the QB"... "we're going to be an OL-centric team"... I know this is an inconvenient truth for you guys. @#11 sits the best run-blocking OT in college football. He's one of the best run-blocking OT's to come out of college in quite a while. He may even be their choice @#5... he's so good. And now somebody might throw #23 at us also...?

Use your common sense, brother.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
          So...Brock Bowers was the first player to win the Mackey award back to back...but did you also know he was a two time finalist for the Lombardi award, given to the nation's top olineman? As a TE!!??

Virtually the same size as LaPorta and Kincaid...beat them out for the Mackey last year...ask the Lions and Bills how their games "translated" to the NFL...

Bowers will make some team very happy. @#11, I have him right behind Taliese Fuaga.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
            The OL bloviating is on full display.
            Yep...bloviating in a truculent and bombastic manner...we all need patience...ONE more day, and Trader Joe will do his thing...

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Yep...and remember, in Roman's O, wideouts are not a featured commodity, though they're still used...what's most important is O-line blocking, a solid RB committee and a solid TE who can block...RB we can pick up in round 3-4...but solid TE's go early...in other words, Bowers @#5...

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Bowers will make some team very happy. @#5...(@#11), I have him right behind Taliese Fuaga.
                There...fixed it for 'ya!

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...and remember, in Roman's O, wideouts are not a featured commodity, though they're still used...what's most important is O-line blocking, a solid RB committee and a solid TE who can block...RB we can pick up in round 3-4...but solid TE's go early...in other words, Bowers @#5...
                    Yeah. After he changed up his league leading offense at Bal in the playoffs and lost- he resigned and took a year off in reflection and to study other offenses.
                    Enter Jim Harbaugh, Marcus Brady and Mark Trestman.
                    The intended target is 50 / 50 run / pass over the season without forcing either. Rather play complementary team football.
                    Bowers will be just fine. Useful in so many ways.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Yeah. After he changed up his league leading offense at Bal in the playoffs and lost- he resigned and took a year off in reflection and to study other offenses.
                      Enter Jim Harbaugh, Marcus Brady and Mark Trestman.
                      The intended target is 50 / 50 run / pass over the season without forcing either. Rather play complementary team football.
                      Bowers will be just fine. Useful in so many ways.
                      Yep...look, I'm all for having a wideout room with a nice combo of good route runners AND deep threats...but...think of all those times Herbie was pressured, hurried or sacked...in SO many of those cases, if he had a big, reliable TE to go to for the hot route or short outlet pass, so many of those sacks or incompletes would be completions and first downs...and THAT'S one of several benefits of a solid or elite TE like Bowers...Bowers @#5...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...look, I'm all for having a wideout room with a nice combo of good route runners AND deep threats...but...think of all those times Herbie was pressured, hurried or sacked...in SO many of those cases, if he had a big, reliable TE to go to for the hot route or short outlet pass, so many of those sacks or incompletes would be completions and first downs...and THAT'S one of several benefits of a solid or elite TE like Bowers...Bowers @#5...
                        I have not seen Bowers mentioned at 5 recently. Breer mentioned Latham at 5 even in his article today. And WR
                        So maybe the Chargers are staying quiet and seeing what happens and will take Bowers

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Amon Ra St Brown and Sewell signed big extensions today with the Lions
                          Team has drafted well under Holmes

You want to manage your cap with a QB like Herbert under contract - -- DRAFT WELL!

Comment

Working...
                          X