• Show
Clear All
  • OG619FrightninLightnin
    Let's do this!
    • Aug 2022
    • Raleigh N. Carolina
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Dream scenario . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Kendricks might stick

Comment

• Chargers8491
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

IF the Chargers sign Barkley they can draft either RB-Wright, Benson, Allen or Audric Estime and there's our two lightning & thunder RB's! Instant upgrade & position solidified!!!
      I mentioned Barkley being a FA target several post back. He would be a great addition.
      1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
      2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
      2b- #37 Jenkins DT
      3a- #66 Puni OT
      3b- #69 Sainristill CB
      4a- #105 Rice WR
      4b- #110 Lloyd RB
      5- #140 Green CB
      6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Chargers need to have a 2017 draft like the Saints in thsi draft

Followed up in 2025 like a Lions 2023 draft
        Every team wishes for that.

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

So free agency is 2 weeks away. And Joe Hortiz will need to free up money before then.

I think Mike Williams is likely cut as teams would rather sign him as free agent on prove it deal off injury. IMV. So probably no takers. 20mil saved. Almost under cap. Cut Kendricks and you are there.

Doesn't trading or cutting Bosa in the next 2 weeks Save 14mil now for 2024 but also 25mil for next year cap. Which make extended Mack and Allen not as troublesome.
          Who has it better than us?

Comment

• northerner
            Charger fan since '79
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
            So free agency is 2 weeks away. And Joe Hortiz will need to free up money before then.

I think Mike Williams is likely cut as teams would rather sign him as free agent on prove it deal off injury. IMV. So probably no takers. 20mil saved. Almost under cap. Cut Kendricks and you are there.

Doesn't trading or cutting Bosa in the next 2 weeks Save 14mil now for 2024 but also 25mil for next year cap. Which make extended Mack and Allen not as troublesome.
            cutting / trading Bosa would save $14.4 in 2024 and $14.4 again in 2025. Needs to be a post-June 1 cut (not sure on why or how that works).

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

I have seen some folks propose we cut or deal both Bosa AND Mack...

I just dont see that happening. That would put enormous pressure to put a #1 across from Tuli, which would all but lock us in at Edge for our first pick. What if the phone doesnt ring? Are we gonna reach for Turner or Latu at 5? I hope not...

Not a great Edge class...and some great players at 5 that we can use at oline, playmakers...

I could see a scenario in a trade back, where we land an Edge at better value, and gain at least one day 2 pick, to help build the team...then we might see a draftday or post draft move of whoever is left...but if you get rid of both those guys early, your saddled with a lot of work needed to build your Edge group back...

I think the most likely scenario is we keep both for now, to remain flexible...cut MW, extend timeless Slayer for a little room in free agency, and as the draft unfolds, maybe make a move there, or post draft, depending on what positions we hit on.

Im not saying its impossible both are gone...but hope we dont paint ourselves in a corner by unloading them both at the start of free agency.
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Starting to doubt Bowers to the Bolts. Would love it...but from a financial, cap standpoint, we leave a lot of money on the table by not having 5 year control over a OT, WR, or Edge...vs a TE. It sucks, but there it is. Ill be overjoyed if we pick him...but cant be disappointed if we make the smart move, and take Alt or one of the recievers...ton of money saved with those positions, and for really good players. Hell...if we take Bowers, I think I read he would instantly be a top 5 or 10 paid TE. Im a huge Bowers fan...but not getting my hopes up.
                Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

Kendricks might stick
                  I am not sure Kendricks is sticking around. I just Hortiz is getting all the ducks lined up in a row. Still have about two weeks until the moves need to made

Teams are slowly doing them. The Saints keep restructuring deals - Loomis just can't help himself. - going to have guys like Hill, Davis and Jordan around for years to come

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

Kendricks might stick
                    I hope not. He turns 32 in 2 days, was just okay against the run and a big liability vs the pass. I get the veteran leadership thing, but you need your vets to actually make some plays. IMO, the easiest thing to do to help the cap is cutting him for the $6.625 million it would free up.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I hope not. He turns 32 in 2 days, was just okay against the run and a big liability vs the pass. I get the veteran leadership thing, but you need your vets to actually make some plays. IMO, the easiest thing to do to help the cap is cutting him for the $6.625 million it would free up.
                      There are a lot of scenarios in play of how to get from $25+m over the cap to under the cap in two weeks time but if Vegas had odds to bet, I think the highest odds, like 95%, maybe higher, will be that Eric Kendricks is released as part of the moves made to achieve that goal. I just don't think he is a fit - even at the veteran minimum

Comment

• northerner
                        Charger fan since '79
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                        Starting to doubt Bowers to the Bolts. Would love it...but from a financial, cap standpoint, we leave a lot of money on the table by not having 5 year control over a OT, WR, or Edge...vs a TE. It sucks, but there it is. Ill be overjoyed if we pick him...but cant be disappointed if we make the smart move, and take Alt or one of the recievers...ton of money saved with those positions, and for really good players. Hell...if we take Bowers, I think I read he would instantly be a top 5 or 10 paid TE. Im a huge Bowers fan...but not getting my hopes up.
                        quick thought on this - our cap issues will ease up a lot after the 2024 season. if the team thinks bowers is the guy, then they should be able to find a way to make things work and just fight their way through the 2024 cap.

plus, i think drafting bowers makes it easier to cut MW, which will free up 20M in cap space, and is one of the suggested moves to fix the 2024 cap.

I think a small trade back to picks 8-10 make sense if we want bowers, even if it is not a king's ransom trade. it will lower the dollars on his rookie contract and allow us to grab an extra draft pick. hopefully the second wave of QB's (JJ, Penix, Nix) can creep up on the draft boards to create more chaos in the top 10 (or top 15), which would give us more trade value and also ensure that we will still be able to get bowers after trading back.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

quick thought on this - our cap issues will ease up a lot after the 2024 season. if the team thinks bowers is the guy, then they should be able to find a way to make things work and just fight their way through the 2024 cap.

plus, i think drafting bowers makes it easier to cut MW, which will free up 20M in cap space, and is one of the suggested moves to fix the 2024 cap.

I think a small trade back to picks 8-10 make sense if we want bowers, even if it is not a king's ransom trade. it will lower the dollars on his rookie contract and allow us to grab an extra draft pick. hopefully the second wave of QB's (JJ, Penix, Nix) can creep up on the draft boards to create more chaos in the top 10 (or top 15), which would give us more trade value and also ensure that we will still be able to get bowers after trading back.
                          I think the Chargers do need to get good to great value for moving back from 5 to 8
                          If going by the trade chart - and thats the Jimmy Johnson for example - it starts with Atlantas 3rd and 4 plus probably a 2025 day 3rd - -that would be my minimum. But truly, would want a 2nd and 4th - especially if its for QB in the top 5

Comment

Working...
                          X