• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltinloudguy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Texans, Bengals, Colts, Lions all have good cap space, are in need of pass rushers, and are potential contenders.
    Even the Bears and Titans could vastly improve with the right personnel moves. Getting an elite pass-rusher for a 3rd round pick could improve a roster very quickly.
    I think the thought of Bosa and Hutchinson could be very enticing for Dan Campbell.

I’m still in the boat of extending Allen and Mack for 1 year and restructuring their deals. Not sure how much that can save them this year but I’m sure it’s significant enough to give them some money to sign these 3 players. C Biadasz, Edge Uche and DT Hurst. Maybe, just maybe Barkley if that would actually be a thing.

I think Harbaugh’s running game would be just as good with signing Gus Edwards, drafting Blake Corum and Spiller. I would be ok with that RB room for next year. I do know that if Spiller has it to make it in the NFL, Harbaugh will get it out of him.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Texans, Bengals, Colts, Lions all have good cap space, are in need of pass rushers, and are potential contenders.
      Even the Bears and Titans could vastly improve with the right personnel moves. Getting an elite pass-rusher for a 3rd round pick could improve a roster very quickly.
      I think you just said that trading one of our starting Edge players for a 3rd would degrade our roster very quickly.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

I think the thought of Bosa and Hutchinson could be very enticing for Dan Campbell.

I’m still in the boat of extending Allen and Mack for 1 year and restructuring their deals. Not sure how much that can save them this year but I’m sure it’s significant enough to give them some money to sign these 3 players. C Biadasz, Edge Uche and DT Hurst. Maybe, just maybe Barkley if that would actually be a thing.

I think Harbaugh’s running game would be just as good with signing Gus Edwards, drafting Blake Corum and Spiller. I would be ok with that RB room for next year. I do know that if Spiller has it to make it in the NFL, Harbaugh will get it out of him.
        I thought of Mack with the Lions a few weeks ago actually. They are at that point where they are primed to win for a couple seasons.

To your point - with the cap savings of either Bosa or Mack - the Chargers could do what you suggest - sign multiple players . But bosa might also entice them. Their defense does need to get better

they have two thirds - but no fourth...

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I thought of Mack with the Lions a few weeks ago actually. They are at that point where they are primed to win for a couple seasons.

To your point - with the cap savings of either Bosa or Mack - the Chargers could do what you suggest - sign multiple players . But bosa might also entice them. Their defense does need to get better

they have two thirds - but no fourth...
          I think the Lions could go all in this season knowing that this might actually be Ben Johnson and Aaron Glenn’s last year. See if they will want Bosa and MW for a 3rd and 7th?

I think MW would do wonders for that team. They have LaPorta and St. Brown roaming the middle, Williams as their speed threat and now MW as their big target jump ball target.

Bosa and Hutchinson would be a great tandem to help their secondary struggles.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Forget the draft pick - just take the RB straight up for Bosa

granted I doubt Poles does that either
            I wouldnt do that.

I also thought about Joey to Carolina...(which he may not like) but , him to Carolina for a 3 or 4 and TE Tommy Tremble. Tremble would be a cheap get and would be our TE #2 w/ Bowers

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

I think the Lions could go all in this season knowing that this might actually be Ben Johnson and Aaron Glenn’s last year. See if they will want Bosa and MW for a 3rd and 7th?

I think MW would do wonders for that team. They have LaPorta and St. Brown roaming the middle, Williams as their speed threat and now MW as their big target jump ball target.

Bosa and Hutchinson would be a great tandem to help their secondary struggles.
              The Lions are primed to win - Bosa could make sense for them. I am sure they would rather have Mack though. But the defense is lagging behind the offense -adding an Edge via free agency or trade plus their draft picks
              Looked at a couple mocks for the Lions and CB is there at 29 but not really Edge
              They have the cap space -- I can see this being one team that would be a trade target

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

What I am seeing in a lot of posts is sound personnel judgements being influenced by personal hatred due to underperformance and contracts.

Jim Harbaugh and Joe Hortiz won't do that.

We should not be in a hurry to accept less than full value from any assets.

$0.02
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  What I am seeing in a lot of posts is sound personnel judgements being influenced by personal hatred due to underperformance and contracts.

Jim Harbaugh and Joe Hortiz won't do that.

We should not be in a hurry to accept less than full value from any assets.

$0.02
                  But the cap is a factor combined with a player who has been injured much of the last two years. So unless he takes a true pay cut, is it worth it to pay Joey Bosa $22m just because you got a 5th rounder instead of a 4th rounder? The Chargers would be banking on him being healthy this year when the last two years, he wasn't. And in 2023 - he was injured twice.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2022
                    • Send PM

But the cap is a factor combined with a player who has been injured much of the last two years. So unless he takes a true pay cut, is it worth it to pay Joey Bosa $22m just because you got a 5th rounder instead of a 4th rounder? The Chargers would be banking on him being healthy this year when the last two years, he wasn't. And in 2023 - he was injured twice.

Something tells me Harbaugh is going to want a crack at Bosa. Sounds like a challenge for Harbaugh and he loves a good challenge. I'm still of the opinion that Mack, Bosa, and KA will be back next year but that is up to whether they are willing to renegotiate their contracts.
                    1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                    2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                    3a- #66 Puni OT
                    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                    4a- #105 Rice WR
                    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                    5- #140 Green CB
                    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

How about Joey to the Bears for a 3rd and RB Rochon Johnson? Too much? Then we can just draft 1 more RB.
                      Well that would be awesome! I'm not sure the Bears would be willing to give up Johnson.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I think you just said that trading one of our starting Edge players for a 3rd would degrade our roster very quickly.
                        Trading one will do that (slightly). Cutting both is just inviting trouble.
                        The fact is... one of them will almost certainly have to happen... to free cap money.
                        Cutting /trading Bosa frees up $14m (but you still have to extend Keenan and/or ask Mack to consider a cheapy extension).
                        Restructuring Bosa and trading Mack free up $33million.
                        In the end, I'll let Ed McGuire figure it out. The signings/extensions/restructures kind of hint toward restructuring Bosa and trading Mack IMO.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

The thought of Bosa/Hutchinson has to entice Dan Campbell. The thought of Mack/Hendricks would also be enticing.
                          Like I posted prior, restructuring Bosa and trading Mack saves them much more.

Signing Edwards and drafting Corum would be a good decision. Signing Swift and drafting Estime would be even better IMO. Signing Swift would be a good replacement for Ekeler. Drafting Estime would give them a solid ground/pound RB.

Comment

Working...
                          X