• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

My guess if they sign Tyler Boyd - it will be after the draft and after the comp pick time frame ends. And at this point, that makes sense. The draft could yield two WRs - just never know.

Post draft, when it doesn't cost a comp pick - and you can get him one year $4-5m - that is the time to circle back on veteran FAs
    Dobbins and his agent are spouting of that he will soon sign somewhere.
    Boyd may find himself with no one to dance with at the ball.
    In any case we would only want to sign motivated players.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Dobbins and his agent are spouting of that he will soon sign somewhere.
      Boyd may find himself with no one to dance with at the ball.
      In any case we would only want to sign motivated players.
      Boyd will find a job - just might not be for the money he wants

I am good signing Dobbins for the right price... but also good waiting to see what the draft brings

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Boyd would be a nice safety blanket for Herbert. He is like a poor man’s Keenan. Not very fast or flashy but gets open, has great hands, runs good routes. He is also pretty feisty and will block. I think it just comes down to money and the Chargers are probably looking for a one year bargain with him. He doesn’t need to take a deal like that now. He can wait as they will be available for months if he has to go that route. He would shine with Herbert and that may be a factor, though.

Same goes for Dobbins. He will have choices of the best one year deal as time goes by. Chargers may not want to sign either guy until after the draft as it may drive the price down and does not count as a comp pick FA

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Cameron Dicker makes it official.

Chargers Re-Sign Cameron Dicker (msn.com)

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            Boyd would be a nice safety blanket for Herbert. He is like a poor man’s Keenan. Not very fast or flashy but gets open, has great hands, runs good routes. He is also pretty feisty and will block. I think it just comes down to money and the Chargers are probably looking for a one year bargain with him. He doesn’t need to take a deal like that now. He can wait as they will be available for months if he has to go that route. He would shine with Herbert and that may be a factor, though.

Same goes for Dobbins. He will have choices of the best one year deal as time goes by. Chargers may not want to sign either guy until after the draft as it may drive the price down and does not count as a comp pick FA

TG
            I also think with only a few weeks until the draft - wait to see what the draft brings you. Who knows how the board will fall with each pick and the Chargers could end up taking WR in R1 and RB2 in round 2 because the board showed the value which might make the signing of a WR or RB now redundant. And post draft, they might need a position, like LB, that they didn't getting taken care of with the draft so maybe that is when a guy like Van Noy becomes available.

I think the plan in free agency was to build out enough of the base of the roster: C, TEx2, RB, DT, LBx2, CB - plug some holes - that will allow the draft to tip the scale more towards talent in building the roster than need in building the roster. Of course Hortiz will need to balance as he probably isn't drafting a bunch of DBs or WRs just because the board shows that is BPA at the time. But again especially Day 1 and Day 2, bring the talent

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Diggs traded to the Texans
              I think Tyler Boyd will be getting a call from the Bills soon

He doesn't replace Diggs or Davis - but he wouldn't be bad

If you are a FA WR - call the Bills!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

That was my thinking...its not about the number of players, so much as the value lost or gained, calculated by contracts signed.
                Used to be both. If that has changed then ok but it used to be you had to sign less FAs than you lost to even get a comp pick. So if we lost 5 and signed 3 we are only elligble for 2 and then you go by contract value to see if a player qualifies as the others cancel each other out and where if they do. We used to have to wait to see but OTC lets us know way earlier than before.

I dont keep up with it since with Telesco we never got comp picks because he sucked at getting extra picks.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Yea I don't think so either. I was thinking he was going to be around 8-9M.
                  He wont even sign or 5 mil lol. And he wanted to go to Pittsburgh, he played college ball there. We wont offer him more than that.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

TG
                    I don’t think Boyd is better than Palmer.
                    Id just sign Palmer now and then draft another WR.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
                      I don’t think Boyd is better than Palmer.
                      Id just sign Palmer now and then draft another WR.
                      I am not rushing to sign Tyler Boyd

I am waiting for the draft - and if the need is there, assess the free agents.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He wont even sign or 5 mil lol. And he wanted to go to Pittsburgh, he played college ball there. We wont offer him more than that.
                        No, we won't. When I heard that the Chargers were interested in him my initial thought was, he would be around 8-9M. That was before he turned down the 10M. I don't think he in a strong position because the draft is loaded with receivers. If he doesn't sign with a team before the draft, he is going to have a hard time getting more than what Pitt offered him, IMHO.
                        1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                        2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                        2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                        3a- #66 Puni OT
                        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                        4a- #105 Rice WR
                        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                        5- #140 Green CB
                        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

You think so? RB has been treated like meat for quite awhile, with a few exceptions every year that just recently started getting knocked down the scale. WR is right now #3 or #4 ish top pay., basically competes for non-QB top. How long ya think it’d take to rebalance it down to RB level - if it’s going to happen, that is.
                          For the record I haven’t read anything about this, it’s just some 🐂 💩 that popped into my head so yeah it’s probably completely whack, I’m probably jumping the gun based on what happened to the WR market this offseason based on the strength of this particular WR class…it surprises me that aside from two WR contracts that were kind of suspect, the WR market seems to be really down…Keenan’s 23mil on a deal he signed years ago is still up there with what Ridley and Evans got in fact I think it’s more APY than both of those guys…
                          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
                          X