• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

To be fair, Stick was playing on a team that had quit on the coach. A coach that was never engaged to be able to quit on the team, and a team riddled with injuries.

I think Stick will do well if he has to play in GR's run first O.
    To be fair..... Stick has NEVER looked good any year, even in pre season games against scrubs.....

agree...our coaching has sucked for years..... but good QB's should light it up in pre season when they play against scrubs.... no matter how bad the coaching is

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

To be fair..... Stick has NEVER looked good any year, even in pre season games against scrubs.....

agree...our coaching has sucked for years..... but good QB's should light it up in pre season when they play against scrubs.... no matter how bad the coaching is
      OK

Comment

• jox g
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

4 Years of suckage huh?
        Well he does have this:

Has 4 TDS (One rush, 1 Int) 2020-2023. 85.7 Career QBR is backup material.
        Maybe Minter's D is THAT tough. Give Stick a chance to compete in the Off season. Give him that cuz what if he improves the rest of Off season?
        He has improved from 2020 to 2023 numbers wise. Numbers don't lie.
        Preseason he's improved the last 4 years each year.

Checkout the latest stats for Easton Stick. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, college, draft, and more on Pro-football-reference.com.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I have seen nothing to think that Stick's ceiling is better than that of a game manager who might not lose a game if our D and running game are very good. If he has to throw for us to win, we have no chance.
          Thats my current assessment based on the cumulative years of PS games plus last year’s sub work.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

In The Era of Frugal Spending that was brought on by cap problems, it seems to me that an excellent area to conserve on cost is QB2. If Easton Stick was better than he is, I might feel differently. But since he's *not* better than he is, looking at other options seems a sensible enough idea.

Didn't Chase Daniel make $6mil - $7mil for several years in the QB2 role for the Bolts? It is unreasonable to think that you could find a second or third year guy who-- while clearly not starting material-- has some legit tools, and could be signed for less than $3mil?

With the increased commitment to keeping Herb un-broken, the chances of needing a backup QB to take meaningful snaps seems low enough to take this risk, especially if it means money can be spent reinforcing the remaining Achilles' Heel positions on the roster.
            Last edited by Ghost of Quacksaw; 05-22-2024, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

Can someone explain the Stick's 49-3 record in college ?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                FCS Competition level, superior overall team.

The North Dakota State Bison football program represents North Dakota State University in college football at the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision level and competes in the Missouri Valley Football Conference. The Bison play in the 19,000-seat Fargodome located in Fargo. The Bison have won 17 national championships and 37 conference championships. They have won nine NCAA Division I AA FCS National Championships between 2011 and 2021. The Bison hold the record for most overall NCAA national championships and the record for the most consecutive championships with five titles between 2011 and 2015 for Division I FCS.

Since 2011, the North Dakota State Bison have a record of 149–12 (.925) which included a record 22-game playoff win streak, making them the most successful college football program in Division I FCS this decade. The Bison are 202–39 (.838) since moving to Division I in 2004. Since 1964, the Bison have had only three losing seasons and an overall record of 551–136–4 (.800) through that 58-year span, one of the best in all of college football. Among FCS programs, North Dakota State has more all-time program wins than any non-Ivy League program, over 750.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

He played against a fairly low caliber of competition and-- obviously-- DOMINATED. Carson Wentz was his predecessor at North Dakota State, and they mowed down everybody in their path for at least 5 years.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I have seen nothing to think that Stick's ceiling is better than that of a game manager who might not lose a game if our D and running game are very good. If he has to throw for us to win, we have no chance.
                    If Stick were to start every game this season with our O mostly intact, I think he's good enough to win us maybe 8-9 games...with Herbie starting, we're good for about 11-14 games...that's the difference...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Weak conference.

Stick, Wentz and Lance all played at the same college.

Wentz and Lance somehow fooled everybody having strong arms and are busts. Stick did not but 5th round, can't call him a bust.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

I was hoping we would take a quarterback in the fourth or fifth round to compete with Stick for the backup job. Unlike others on this forum, though, I do think Stick has performed well at times during the four preseasons he's seen action. Obviously I wanted to see more out of him in his regular-season starts last year, but as others have said that was a totally messed up situation he was placed in.

Under Harbaugh's coaching, Alex Smith went from a complete bust to a good starter who took the 49ers to the NFC Championship Game. Colin Kaepernick looked like a future superstar under Harbaugh. Maybe Harbaugh can turn Stick into a good backup.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

He played against a fairly low caliber of competition and-- obviously-- DOMINATED. Carson Wentz was his predecessor at North Dakota State, and they mowed down everybody in their path for at least 5 years.
                          Carson Wentz never had as good of a record as Stick. He was 20-3, same losses but less than half the wins. So in half the games he had the same loss record as Stick.

Stick is as good as Chase Daniels for sure, better I would say in the GR offense.

Comment

Working...
                          X