• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

This kind of is similar to what Money Smith and Hayre said on the podcast a couple, three weeks ago. Aside from the 4 players with the cap situations - its really
    Herbert, Slater, Tuli, Dicker James
    Palmer
    Zont, Salyer, Salyer, Zion

who else - Hanley, the DBs like Taylor and Leonard; Otito, Matlock
    Darius Davis of course...
    Which was enough for Harbaugh to say.....hell yeah, I'm comin!

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Which team is more likely to make it back to the Super Bowl next season, 49ers or Chiefs?

Which team with an emerging QB is more likely to go deep in the playoffs next season, the Texans or Packers?

Which team is more likely to go from worst to first in their division, the Chargers or Bengals? (Watch it just for this.)

What’s More Likely: Andrew Siciliano Talks Burrow vs Herbert, NFL Draft & More | The Rich Eisen Show

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

No thanks on Gerald. Watching him show up for 4 plays every 3-4 games and not blocking I am fine letting him walk.
        Agree and we probably aren't signing Hunter Henry either, certainly not both. None of those guys has Harbaugh ties.

They were only ties to us. Look for Telesco to maybe sign one of those guys.amd maybe Davis.
        He gonna turn the Raiders into shit. Not that Henry sucks.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

Agreed! This is why I think Bowers might be out and a trade back once maybe twice to the mid teens is possible. With JPJ a very likely possibility while accumulating a grip of picks.
          Signing a few 1 year prove it contracts for them to try and get more comp picks next year as well.
          Bowers is an awesome prospect. If they take him, then great. If they don’t and traded back for a grip of picks, I trust that as well. This team needs a to arrest and depth and it’s going to to 2 drafts and more than 7 picks in each draft to get there. All while being competitive.
          1 yr vet deals, they leave after this year. Won’t get comp picks till the following year 2026, no? Not saying don’t do it, if they are needed for 2024 and can fit in the cap. We’re just not getting comp picks in the April 2025, which is before 2025 season rosters are even settled across the league. Comps are awarded based on the contract they sign with the next team and come the year after. And it’s a net team calculation - how many FAs / value did you add vs how many / value did you lose.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Which was enough for Harbaugh to say.....hell yeah, I'm comin!
            Very much so - especially Herbert, Slater

I can't imagine when Holmes and Campbell took over Detroit - they had much more. I think they traded for Goff

They have had three good drafts in a row though -- so is the above equal to where the Lions were at after the 2021 season

Maybe?

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

1 yr vet deals, they leave after this year. Won’t get comp picks till the following year 2026, no? Not saying don’t do it, if they are needed for 2024 and can fit in the cap. We’re just not getting comp picks in the April 2025, which is before 2025 season rosters are even settled across the league. Comps are awarded based on the contract they sign with the next team and come the year after. And it’s a net team calculation - how many FAs / value did you add vs how many / value did you lose.
              You are correct, I should have put “the following year.” I do believe they will get comp picks for next year because I don’t see them signing any big time FAs this year. So yea, 1 year contracts that hopefully bring back more comp picks for 2026. Thank you for catching that.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

The players the Chargers can get comp picks for are Ekeler, Murray Davis , Gilman and Everett - for 2025..
                maybe a few others

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

The players the Chargers can get comp picks for are Ekeler, Murray Davis , Gilman and Everett - for 2025..
                  maybe a few others
                  I want to keep Murray and Davis if we can get good contracts with them. I think Murray would play a lot better under Harbaugh. Same for Davis.
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I want to keep Murray and Davis if we can get good contracts with them. I think Murray would play a lot better under Harbaugh. Same for Davis.
                    Both have been part of the defenses that have been terrible - don't need them back. Of the two, maybe Murray for like 1.5m or something nominal

This roster needs to be blown the hell up

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Both have been part of the defenses that have been terrible - don't need them back. Of the two, maybe Murray for like 1.5m or something nominal

This roster needs to be blown the hell up
                      Disagree about Murray...nothing like having your linebacker chasing after a fast receiver twenty yards down field and getting burned due to no fault of your own. I think Murray could get $3+ from 5 teams out there and put most of the blame on Staley and his weird tactics. Our ENTIRE DEFENSE stunk!
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Disagree about Murray...nothing like having your linebacker chasing after a fast receiver twenty yards down field and getting burned due to no fault of your own. I think Murray could get $3+ from 5 teams out there and put most of the blame on Staley and his weird tactics. Our ENTIRE DEFENSE stunk!
                        If he gets that much money, comp pick time! Well in 2025

I will say this - I will trust Harbaugh,. Hortiz, etc to make the right decisions -

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Correct, will gets comps for the following year, 2025.
                          We lost Tranq last year, 7th round comp this year.

Also 1 year deals are great but I n believe the whole deal, the entire amount goes against the cap.
                          So 1 year 5 mil is a 5 mil cap hit. Unless say a 2 mil bonus type thing don't count but I think it's the entire thing.

Comment

Working...
                          X