• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Bradley is with Indy .... they'll probably grab Murray.
    ...unless the Bolts extend him...still possible...

Comment

• northerner
      Charger fan since '79
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

It might be? That's like saying Joe Montana might be a pretty good QB in the SB.
      I said "might" because if the refs try to "let'em play" it might be a toss-up as to which team benefits more (gets away with more fouls).

I can go along with a theory that the refs try not to dominate and / or impact playoff games, but I am less inclined to think that they consciously favor one of the teams.

I think you have "superstar" issues more in basketball - for example, Jordan/Kobe/Lebron would get a foul call whenever they drove to the basket (just an example, I don't know how accurate that is). however, looking at Tom Brady the wrong way might draw a roughing penalty. just kidding (kind of).

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

No thanks on retaining Kenneth Murray. He is so-so on the field in his performance and is just not that guy.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

I am gonna add QJ to my list of Charger players who need to talk to Ben Herbert.

Wide Receivers as blockers are gonna be a key ingredient to our offense matrix. We-fense is the future.

We play modern football.
          Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

You are one of the main cheerleaders for dumping the next year. You want to burn it all down, almost as if you are pissed Harbaugh was hired and want to make him coach with one arm tied behind his back.

I have always said let him and his team make the decisions in a logical way that helps the team the most but you have your opinions that are personal to you for some reason and in your mind that trumps all logic or will to win. It you are entitled to your opinion, just own up to it and don’t run away from it when it’s called out.
            1) Not sure how moving on from a 5-12 team is burning it all down. Thats the reality - not some fantasy ",,where its all Staley and bad coaching and this is actually closer to a 10 win team." They are a 5-12 team with the 5th pick in the draft. Period.

2) My coaching candidates were Harbaugh -- big gap , once he was fired, Vrabel - big gap -- and a bunch of other names that never included Ben Johnson, Bobby Slowik, Mike McDonald, Callahan or Canales. I had Quinn, Morris, Wilks, Monken higher than those five names. But far and away, my top candidate was Harbaugh. Not even close.d

3) I do think my plan is logical and thought out. It takes into the salary cap not just for 2024 but 2025 and beyond,. I am on record as saying about Allen and Mack - if they are kept, they need to be basically one year deals. If Mack wants the Von Miller contract - for sure do not bring him back.

4) I do own it -- I was called out numerous times for saying they should have released Keenan Allen last year. Popper said the same thing. And the reasons are the same - he had the most easily movable contract. If MW or Joey Bosa had Allens contract and Allen had Bosa or MW - guess what - I would have been saying "release MW or Bosa." I said last year was not the year to push cap - and guess what 5-12, 55m over the cap later, HC and GM fired - here we are

5) I don't NEED the Chargers to be competitive in 2024 - but I WANT the Chargers to be really good from 2025 to 2029 - that means the playoffs every year, 2 or 3 divisions, AFC Titles games and a Super Bowl so if need to move on from players like Bosa and MW, possibly Mack to level set for the future, I am good with it

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
              No thanks on retaining Kenneth Murray. He is so-so on the field in his performance and is just not that guy.
              Murray is like Mike Williams. Overdrafted for sure, but he might be worth keeping. He does strike me as a high-effort guy.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

This writer says the Bolts' OL needs to be retooled. But he doesn't offer any suggestions on what to do, other than noting that the center position kind of fell apart after Linsely stepped out. What did happen to the OL last season? It was every disappointing to see it struggle the way it did, given the investments in players. It was supposed to be one of the team's strengths. I guess maybe Clapp couldn't fill Linsely's shoes at all, and giving Pipkins all that money to start at RT?

Comment

• northerner
                  Charger fan since '79
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Murray is like Mike Williams. Overdrafted for sure, but he might be worth keeping. He does strike me as a high-effort guy.
                  I think they need to take a good look at him. He seemed to finally have some strong games this season. However, he could play great one game and be completely lost the next game.

Similar to Derwin, was the defensive scheme hurting him, or just was not making plays???

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

I think they need to take a good look at him. He seemed to finally have some strong games this season. However, he could play great one game and be completely lost the next game.

Similar to Derwin, was the defensive scheme hurting him, or just was not making plays???
                    I think Staley’s expectations for players to readjust and switch assignment on the fly based on what they see an instant before snap based on formations and motion was too much processing for him. Can he process fast and correct with a less complex expectation? That … I do not know.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I think Staley’s expectations for players to readjust and switch assignment on the fly based on what they see an instant before snap based on formations and motion was too much processing for him. Can he process fast and correct with a less complex expectation? That … I do not know.
                      How many players after too many game days went home thinking, Man I must suck.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Returning Charger DBs will have chips on their shoulders.

I look at all of this in a big picture sense.

Greatest impact regarding pass defense will come from pressure.

Staley might be successful at SF, due to having healthier rushers and overall talent level.
                        Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

I do believe a new DC, scheme and coaching staff may be able to get more out of him, yes. Not guaranteeing it will, but it's worth a shot IMO.

Comment

Working...
                          X