• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I believe he'll have that chance but will have to earn the starting job.
    I believe he'll win it. but barely and only camp and PS will tell. 55/45 odds Pip over Sal, its gonna be close.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

yes, our only information is what we saw last year. Thats all we have. To me its a prayer because they all need to improve a lot. maybe you saw superstars blossom in day one of OTAs lol ...

Okoye did not play. He was never even on the 53 roster.

image.png

image.png
      Okoye played.Was it preseason? I know everyone got a kick out of his sack dance. My son says vs KC in a meaningless end of season game. He definitely played..

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Here it is, Okoye gets a sack vs Rams in preseason. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/l...ine-goes-wild/

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

I believe he'll win it. but barely and only camp and PS will tell. 55/45 odds Pip over Sal, its gonna be close.
          I agree. Salyer is a lot tougher than he looked last year but Pipkins knows the opponents and can be more helpful to Alt with his experience vs AFCW pass rushers.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Love it.
            F your music.
            2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Huh? Surely they didn't say that (I didn't watch the video). I sure hope they didn't say that; definite hit to their credibility if they did.
              Slide it to 2:58.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Okoye played.Was it preseason? I know everyone got a kick out of his sack dance. My son says vs KC in a meaningless end of season game. He definitely played..
                I don't recall he was ever activated to the 53 man roster during the regular season and sites all list zero stats for him. I saw your preseason sack post, thats cool against late 4th quarter preseason OL scrubs but we have seen him play zero plays against real pro players.

I am pulling for all of our guys but I can't worry about backup safety DEPTH when these are our starting DT candidates. I start with the bias that I think DT1 thru DT3 or DT4 are all more important than Safety #3 because those guys need rotation just to not be completely spent by the fourth quarter. Safeties don't need to be rotated. Then I see that not one of the 2-down DTs guys has played a meaningful number of games, much less shown they can played well in the NFL (except Ford). Third - DT is a position we often see taking longer for many non-star players to develop at to be effective at all, so expecting a Rd 6 or 7 pick and a couple UDFAs to all develop after their first season they didn't even play much in, ... its a concern to me. It looks like the weakest position group on the team, and not just by a little but by a lot.

you don't have to share it.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

My favorite Jamal moment was in a MNF game, and John Madden was raving about how Williams pushes the pocket...and then Jamal did exactly that later on...wow, I'd love another Jamal on this team...
                  You and I both. I'd take an Aubrayo Franklin and Antonio Garay side by side. I'm so big on having an effective nose guard (or two), really can't have enough. Should be a priority. That said, I think Otito could be quite good as an NT if given the chance. Wouldn't rule out Ogboigbe being very good eventually.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

I don't recall he was ever activated to the 53 man roster during the regular season and sites all list zero stats for him. I saw your preseason sack post, thats cool against late 4th quarter preseason OL scrubs but we have seen him play zero plays against real pro players.

I am pulling for all of our guys but I can't worry about backup safety DEPTH when these are our starting DT candidates. I start with the bias that I think DT1 thru DT3 or DT4 are all more important than Safety #3 because those guys need rotation just to not be completely spent by the fourth quarter. Safeties don't need to be rotated. Then I see that not one of the 2-down DTs guys has played a meaningful number of games, much less shown they can played well in the NFL (except Ford). Third - DT is a position we often see taking longer for many non-star players to develop at to be effective at all, so expecting a Rd 6 or 7 pick and a couple UDFAs to all develop after their first season they didn't even play much in, ... its a concern to me. It looks like the weakest position group on the team, and not just by a little but by a lot.

you don't have to share it.
                    Thanks, but I don't mind (very well). Now that we've established that Okoye played in an NFL game, albeit preseason, I have a different opinion of the DTs but am willing to let the debate slide until we at least have some preseason matchup results. Like Okoye doing a sack dance over another NFL QB.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Typically defensive tackles have problems with scheme changes.

And although we don't have a great deal as far as talent level goes, I am indeed optimistic.

Okoye is pure upside, very raw. Tito is one year removed from a knee injury. Poona, Fox and Hinton are vets that give us strength in numbers.

Let's not be too dreary.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• HK55
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2018
                        • Send PM

Okoye making the 53 man roster would be a cool story. But let’s not sleep on Eboigbe. His highlights show a non stop motor. BTW, that’s also very noticeable in Dupree’s tape. Eboigbe could definitely fill a position of need. Knew little to nothing about him prior to the Chargers pick, but I like what I see on tape. He showed well at the Senior Bowl practices.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Okoye gets an International Player exemption- an extra practice squad guy who can be elevated to the 53 any time. He's on the 2024 Chargers either way. I think several of the current DTs will show up, play well.
                          We know Poona and Fox will play and I think Clark takes a step up, In college he blew through OL like a bowling ball. Sorta like he did when Okoye got his sack.Otito was a shot put and discus star athlete. I think he just needs a good coach
                          Hinton looks like a better rotational guy in yr 2 and Oboigbe may be a sleeper.
                          A lot of the guys, it seems like mostly D really respond to Harbaugh,his message and his style. I don't know much but I know this is a different Chargers team than I've been watching the last 40+ years. Maybe we'll be lucky to go 9-8 That said, I gotta wash the fingers that typed that. That's BS. We're making the playoffs and we'll see what happens at that time.

Comment

Working...
                          X