• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    I think I was a bit harsh on Stick. He was playing with the second group of receivers. I can’t even imagine how bad they are. Limited speed, limited separation skills, no experience, no ability to protect the ball in the air. No wonder our experienced DBs feasted.
    He played against KC's 2nd team offense & defense + Chris Jones at home and lost.
    Most of the Charger starters were playing including Slater/Mack.

Chris Jones barely played the 2nd half.

I've seen enough.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I don't disagree with most of what this guy says. He never mentions the O-line, which-- IMO-- holds the key to the Chargers' success (or lack thereof) in 2024.

If the blocking produces an actual legit running game, and Herbert is protected well enough to do his thing, then the playoffs *are* possible, IMO. We just don't currebtly have enough on-the-field data points to be able to say what's going to happen, and how quickly.
      Basically, 'they' say that the loss of Keenan, Mwub and Ek, the stiff competition in the AFC, and the lack of depth will prevent them from making it in.
      'They' also said that the Chargers weren't 'active' in free agency.

1. Depth has a lot to do with the coaching staff getting the most out of 'backups'.
      2. Pittsburgh made it into the playoffs last year, and were very competitive in their playoff loss ..... they didn't have an Oline, receivers, a QB - and TJ Watt was gone for that playoff game.
      3. Keenan, Mwub and Ek were a dynamic trio 3 years ago: injuries and age took a lot out of them .... they have the possibiility of being much better this year at the skill positions.
      4. They were very active in free agency, they just did't go after the grade A or B free agents out there. Their last big free agent hall was probably in 2013, when they pursued the same strategy due to cap issues.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
        French Speaking Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Québec city
        • Send PM

Metallica's official music video for “Sad But True,” from the album “Metallica.” Subscribe for more videos: https://metallica.lnk.to/subscribeListen to Metal...

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

I hear Billy Volek is available.
          He's probably better than Stick . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
            The Chargers are #2 on this list. Though the people who make this list have a poor track record of getting their predictions right, which they admit.

10 NFL Teams That Have No Chance At Making The Playoffs This Season
            I'd prefer to fly under the radar - we've never fared well as front runners . . . . . . . .

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Buncha Stick's in the mud.

We need to get back to determining how strong of a wood the Stick is made of...
              Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Basically, 'they' say that the loss of Keenan, Mwub and Ek, the stiff competition in the AFC, and the lack of depth will prevent them from making it in.
                'They' also said that the Chargers weren't 'active' in free agency.

1. Depth has a lot to do with the coaching staff getting the most out of 'backups'.
                2. Pittsburgh made it into the playoffs last year, and were very competitive in their playoff loss ..... they didn't have an Oline, receivers, a QB - and TJ Watt was gone for that playoff game.
                3. Keenan, Mwub and Ek were a dynamic trio 3 years ago: injuries and age took a lot out of them .... they have the possibiility of being much better this year at the skill positions.
                4. They were very active in free agency, they just did't go after the grade A or B free agents out there. Their last big free agent hall was probably in 2013, when they pursued the same strategy due to cap issues.
                Powdah, I think u are underestimating the collective additions of Chark, Our Ladd, Rice and Johnson to replace Slayer and Mike Will. I really don't see a whole lot of dropoff, if any, in the wideout room now. And remember, Mike Will was injured a lot. Now, in regards to Ekkie, his ypc average took a hit last year, not to mention the butterfingers. I think the Bolts let him go at just the right time. With the additions of Gus Bus, Dobbins and Troy, I think we just upgraded out RB room impressively. So, we are at least as good and deeper in the wideout room, and improved in RB committee...

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

I hear Billy Volek is available.
                  Only QB to get us to an AFC title game the past 20 + years, so yeah, I'd take him👍🏼

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                    Beef Before Gazelles
                    • May 2021
                    • Send PM

Who is this 'Mwub' people keep referring to?!? <eyeroll>

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

LOL! Excellent job there Mac! I'm surprised we have more anti-Easton's than you can ahem, SHAKE A STICK AT!
                      And just like that … BAM, TC, ahem, STICKS the landing!

On a serious note - isnt every aghast that Minter has given away the secrets of RED 88 and GREEN 18? We’re doomed!

on a lighter note - he fell victim to some really unfair camera angles in that vid - making him appear to be a Lilliputian when in fact he’s a giant of a man? Staley watched it and he wants to get in the octagon with Minter. Perhaps that will be the last Brandon miscalculation.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Who is this 'Mwub' people keep referring to?!? <eyeroll>
                        We don’t police typos here, quack. Mwub is Mdub = Mike Williams. Everyone knows that.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Powdah, I think u are underestimating the collective additions of Chark, Our Ladd, Rice and Johnson to replace Slayer and Mike Will. I really don't see a whole lot of dropoff, if any, in the wideout room now. And remember, Mike Will was injured a lot. Now, in regards to Ekkie, his ypc average took a hit last year, not to mention the butterfingers. I think the Bolts let him go at just the right time. With the additions of Gus Bus, Dobbins and Troy, I think we just upgraded out RB room impressively. So, we are at least as good and deeper in the wideout room, and improved in RB committee...
                          I do too. Williams didn’t play so there is no replacing discussion vs 2023. I am standing tall on my extra sturdy grown ass limb to boldly predict that Ladd = or > Slayer. Write it down, hold me to it later, i am that certain.

I also project that QJ24 is going to be hugely better than QJ23 - hold me to that too.

so now we’re asking if Rice, Johnson, Chark are better than Guyton, Fehoko, Erickson, Doss … are we kidding here?

I confidently project Chargers WR24 > WR23. Doubters can wait to see it with their tired old bitter eyes …

——————
                          Edit/add - as to RB - are they KIDDING ME? RB24 >>> RB23. No comparison,

Add on OL24 > OL23, HC24 > HC23, OC24 > OC23 - this offense will be much much better - and yet guys predict it will be worse? HA, i say, HA!

Comment

Working...
                          X