• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Anybody matched up against the very best CB's... is going to struggle. Then again, I've seen him shake n' bake some of the best CB's, too.
    Again, Keenan Allen is one of the very best at setting up defenders. Saying that JH won't miss KA is just not accurate. Claiming that Ladd McConkey will replace Keenan Allen instantly is just not accurate. I'm not putting Ladd down... I'm not saying the WR crew can't be good without him. I'm just giving credit where credit is due.

NFL expert Brett Kollmann is back to break down the Xs and Os of how Justin Herbert, Brandon Staley, and the Chargers will attack the 2023 season. On the fou...

You don't get 100+ receptions and 1200+ yards for the last 6 seasons by being just OK... or simply finding space.
    I agree with that partially, but Ladd McConkey is going to light it up!... he has KA's rout running ability but with elite quickness and speed....

Our defense cannot stop him so far.... which also means our defense needs better DB's..... lol
    but Ladd McConkey is special and will be competing for ORY...... he will have a huge impact on this run/power focussed team....

Chargers fans are many times too obsessed with existing Chargers players... KA will not do well in Chicago with a rookie QB and freezing weather.....

the Chargers WR group will be better, more talented, and deeper than past years...... when previous coaches ignored younger players because they assumed the best players were the 2 older WR's.... and never coached the younger players and kept the old guys as starters without any competition.....

Chargers have had a history or resigning and giving big money to players that were not deserving of it.....

KA was very good here and we foerced the ball to him....but it does not mean someone else cannot do that or more? KA did get shut down by the top CB's.....

That is why we needed more speed and more talent at that position..... it was not purely about money.... if it were just about money there is always a way to work the salary cap.....

Harbaugh and company saw enough flaws to not mess up the cap to keeo him....

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I agree with that partially, but Ladd McConkey is going to light it up!... he has KA's rout running ability but with elite quickness and speed....

Our defense cannot stop him so far.... which also means our defense needs better DB's..... lol
      but Ladd McConkey is special and will be competing for ORY...... he will have a huge impact on this run/power focussed team....

Chargers fans are many times too obsessed with existing Chargers players... KA will not do well in Chicago with a rookie QB and freezing weather.....

the Chargers WR group will be better, more talented, and deeper than past years...... when previous coaches ignored younger players because they assumed the best players were the 2 older WR's.... and never coached the younger players and kept the old guys as starters without any competition.....

Chargers have had a history or resigning and giving big money to players that were not deserving of it.....

KA was very good here and we foerced the ball to him....but it does not mean someone else cannot do that or more? KA did get shut down by the top CB's.....

That is why we needed more speed and more talent at that position..... it was not purely about money.... if it were just about money there is always a way to work the salary cap.....

C'mon man, it's OTAs. They aren't wearing pads, aren't tackling, aren't really going all out.

They are learning their new schemes, terminology, trying new things , such as Pip at RG and alternating. Getting in shape, learning Ben Herberts regime for them.

OTAs mean very little and is no indication of anything significant. It's why I'm not here much during these things.

There's really nothing much to discuss.....for me anyways. Nothing to get serious about.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        C'mon man, it's OTAs. They aren't wearing pads, aren't tackling, aren't really going all out.

They are learning their new schemes, terminology, trying new things , such as Pip at RG and alternating. Getting in shape, learning Ben Herberts regime for them.

OTAs mean very little and is no indication of anything significant. It's why I'm not here much during these things.

There's really nothing much to discuss.....for me anyways. Nothing to get serious about.
        I keep reading the Chargers' offense is going to suffer because KA, Mike Will and Ekeler are all gone. Those were Herbert's three leading receivers. And the pundits don't think much of the revised WR corps. They like McConkey, but they don't regard anyone else on the WR corps highly, including QJ. I on the other hand think the WR corps is going to be much better than expected. I keep harkening to the Packers WR corps, four decent WRs but none of them elite, and Love was great in the post-season throwing to those guys. That's how I see this WR corps shaping up.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post
          CJ going up for the jump ball. Got to love seeing this:

image.png

CJ's a big strong guy with excellent speed. Athletically he's ahead of Rice and QJ as well, he just didn't play in an explosive offense and have Caleb Williams throwing him the ball. Me personally I think we'll get more out of CJ this year than BR, particularly when you factor in special teams play.

By the way - I don't remember QJ making a catch like this all year last year . . . . . . . . . just sayin'

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I'm really looking forward to this O. Teams will need 8 in the box to defend us or we will run it down their throats all day. That allows the receivers room to run free. It is a great left-right combo we have going on. Now its all about the execution.

We're only going to be able to do this if the defense improves dramatically, otherwise we'll be chasing the scoreboard all game, no matter how good the offense can run the ball . . . . . . . .

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

It is not that Slayer is no good.
              it's just that Ladd is an upgrade.
              Or have all the TPB draft scouts lost their eye and their nerve?
              We are not playing your favorite simulator game anymore.
              You have to be able to actually assess NFL level talent.
              Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                It just FEELS blasphemous but your right,
                Ladd is an upgrade period.
                2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Chargers8491
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

1s on O have been going against the 2s on D and and the 1s on D have been going against the 2s on O. The 1s have been dominating the 2s on both sides of the ball which is what you want to see. The 1s on D went up against the 2s on O and came away with 4 ints. It's kinda what you expect.
                  1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                  2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                  2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                  3a- #66 Puni OT
                  3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                  4a- #105 Rice WR
                  4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                  5- #140 Green CB
                  6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

This entire place is a Freak Zone.
                    Ahem...NOW it is:

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Our scouts stopped scouting. Their love for slayer spans a decade, there eyes are closed to what was happening on the field as Slayer still was eating plenty. Reasons are visible and obvious if one dare to open eyes but they dare not.

they just need time. Be patient with the flock.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Let's see Ladd perform against NFL players. Until then, I'm not gonna join this circle jerk

Comment

• Whydachargers?
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2023
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I keep reading the Chargers' offense is going to suffer because KA, Mike Will and Ekeler are all gone. Those were Herbert's three leading receivers. And the pundits don't think much of the revised WR corps. They like McConkey, but they don't regard anyone else on the WR corps highly, including QJ. I on the other hand think the WR corps is going to be much better than expected. I keep harkening to the Packers WR corps, four decent WRs but none of them elite, and Love was great in the post-season throwing to those guys. That's how I see this WR corps shaping up.
                          Yup. I like the Green Bay comp. We'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
                          X