• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    Why does the TPB website include a Viking’s helmet in the bar on top?

IMG_0178.jpg
    I had to search for a while to find it.

That's a yellow lightning bolt, not a white horn .... a lightning bolt cap.

Rancorous, heated off season argument commences.

Comment

• LarryAW
      Chargers fan since 1970
      • Sep 2018
      • Chula Vista, CA
      • retired paralegal/court reporter
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Also, don't get me wrong I am not trying to take anything away from KA and was a massive fan of his. My point is that Ladd is a perfect replacement for him and lessons the blow of losing KA.
      I think Ladd was the best possible replacement for KA, and could be said if he had been in a lot of different drafts. Very polished (and faster).

KA: $23.1M salary + $11,617,500 (IIRC) dead money.

Had the Chargers kept KA they would definitely be drafting in the top-10 again, and possibly top-5 again. With the money they saved, they have put together a pretty nice roster that I think can at least compete for the playoffs this year.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I had to search for a while to find it.

That's a yellow lightning bolt, not a white horn .... a lightning bolt cap.

Rancorous, heated off season argument commences.
        Right below the com in thepowderblues.com. Those are Viking horns, not lightning bolts. Google News is to the left.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

I don’t believe our opening day WR room in 2024 will be as good as it was on opening day in 2023. But I do believe our opening day WR room in 2025 will be better with the new blood than it would have been with an aging KA/MW.

Younger and cheaper. It’s the way of life in the NFL.
          Do you believe our record will be better in 2024 because ultimately that's all I really care about!

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Do you believe our record will be better in 2024 because ultimately that's all I really care about!
            Oh hell yeah. At least 10 wins. And competitive in all games.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• LarryAW
              Chargers fan since 1970
              • Sep 2018
              • Chula Vista, CA
              • retired paralegal/court reporter
              • Send PM

BETTER.

Many here can't see the forest (Chargers) for the trees (players). We have a much improved roster, thanks to trading KA, getting a 4th round pick, and adding $23.1M for free agency.

If you prefer to keep KA over having a better overall roster, you have formed an emotional-attachment to Keenan Allen. Your ego is what is butthurt. You are completely unable, at this moment, to be objective.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Oh hell yeah. At least 10 wins. And competitive in all games.
                I'll share a couple of dreams I had.

One is the game at KC in week 14. The Chiefs had 27 points. Chargers 25 points. The Charger defense caused a safety on KC, and tied the score at 27.

The other is the week 4 game at home. A Charger player intercepted the ball from KC and almost ran it back for a pick 6 but didn't. It set the offense up in the redzone. The Chargers had 40 something points. With the redzone drive they wear getting to 50 points.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Right below the com in thepowderblues.com. Those are Viking horns, not lightning bolts. Google News is to the left.
                  I saw it.
                  Yellow Viking's horns?

dataurl289473.jpg

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                    Beef Before Gazelles
                    • May 2021
                    • Send PM

Pbbbbbfffffffft! <coffee spews from mouth> Better than 5-12?!? It better be!

10 wins sounds right to me. It's one thing to win when you aren't outmanned. It's another to win when you ARE outmanned! If you have Justin Herbert, you automatically outman at least half your opponents. It's what you do against the OTHER half that determines how far you get.

I like what I see so far, but while it's progress, it still isn't close to where it needs to be for serious contention.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

10 wins sounds right to me. It's one thing to win when you aren't outmanned. It's another to win when you ARE outmanned! If you have Justin Herbert, you automatically outman at least half your opponents. It's what you do against the OTHER half that determines how far you get.

I like what I see so far, but while it's progress, it still isn't close to where it needs to be for serious contention.
                      You havent seen anything yet. You have no idea that they will not “seriously contend”. Withhold faith as you tell yourself you can, but faith lives in the heart of the chosen.

LFG!
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

perhaps I'm more optimistic than most, I don't see why this team, with this quarterback, and with this coaching staff can't win a playoff game next season...the defense is going to be much improved and the offense is going to surprise some folks, 11 wins and a playoff win doesn't sound far fetched to me especially when you consider what Harbaugh has done elsewhere, I do agree that they inherited a team with crap depth but they have already done a lot to improve that and they still have some money to spend and Hortiz brought that Raven mentality, they will be making moves if they feel it'll make them more competitive, there are still some decent free agents available to help fill holes on this roster if they feel that someone needs to be upgraded...
                        Last edited by Fouts2herbert; 05-25-2024, 08:43 PM.
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I saw it.
                          Yellow Viking's horns?

dataurl289473.jpg
                          What the hell this guy talking about ?
                          As though Fleet don't have his shit together or something?
                          Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X