• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by HK55 View Post
    BTJs highlights look great. That LSU oline must be stacked with underclassmen. Whether it was Daniels or Nussmeier that pocket was clean. I’m assuming @11. If available I’d prefer Odunze or Bower. If neither of them, then Fuaga. If the consensus is the need for a RT, then draft a Right Tackle.

Just a question. Does Pip have the skill set to play OG?

No surprise with TV Sweat. Never understood the hype. Said in another thread he was JaMarcus Russell 2.0 At least Russell stayed clear of Golden Corral till after the draft.
    Oh my...to move Pip to G might take another 2-3 years of coaching up...how about this novel idea: Let's just draft a REAL OG...

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
      Kinda doubt JH2 goes into the season with Sarell as swing OT..

But you had me with Pip traded. 😎
      Do u think we'd even get any takers for Pip?

Comment

• Jack Burton
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        Only problem with Thomas tape is it doesn't show much of a route tree. Most his highlights are nine routes.

I'll look for more and see if I can find more routes and hand catches. Otherwise he does look good but we won't have him just running deep all the time lol. Will he be there at 23?

Miamis's fool fans want them to draft another WR when they need OC, 2 Edge rushers, a DT and a CB. Just to make Tua look good

​​​Anyways Thomas is another option though I haven't been considering him yet. At 11 I've pretty much been on the Bowers train.
        ​​
        That’s all I’m saying. There’s plenty of fast guys in this draft. Thomas runs straight. Nabers allowed him to always be open.
        If you want a guy who can do it all day 1 at WR, just go get Odunze.

Comment

• Jack Burton
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Oh my...to move Pip to G might take another 2-3 years of coaching up...how about this novel idea: Let's just draft a REAL OG...
          So I listened to the PFF on Olinemen and this Beebe kid is unreal. Played all over the line and was good at every spot.
          Fuaga and Fautanu are the best RTs. Latham is really slow, but he’s got long arms and they save him.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

DeVonta Smith weighs all of 5 lbs more than Derius Davis.... dude can cross up CBs something fierce.... no good reason not to have him in the pattern when the needs exists/persists ??
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

So I listened to the PFF on Olinemen and this Beebe kid is unreal. Played all over the line and was good at every spot.
              Fuaga and Fautanu are the best RTs. Latham is really slow, but he’s got long arms and they save him.
              I'd like us to take Beebe @#23...best OG in the draft...a chance he lasts to our #37, but he IS the top rated G...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

That’s all I’m saying. There’s plenty of fast guys in this draft. Thomas runs straight. Nabers allowed him to always be open.
                You are not framing the choices accurately, I guess to win some sort of argument.

Of course Odunze is a better receiver than BTJ.

This is Odunze + Pipkins vs BTJ + Latham.

BTJ will be "allowed" to always be open lol because Herbert has play action, a running attack, and more time to throw.

We all know that running the ball is a key component to our balanced offense.

So the correct question is, again, how much bulk production will we really need from our receivers ?

Palmer (sidelines)
                QJ (over the middle)
                Hurst (underneath)
                BTJ (deep)

as per the whispers Jeremy Fowler is hearing.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Do u think we'd even get any takers for Pip?
                  Certainly. Pipkins is an experienced ORT with a palatable contract.
                  '25 round 6 and a ham sandwich to a team that has cap room and still needs a right tackle post draft, because they addressed other needs.
                  You may have heard there is an ongoing OL scarcity in the NFL.
                  Meanwhole, the Chargers get an upgrade and a rookie contract.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Certainly. Pipkins is an experienced ORT with a palatable contract.
                    '25 round 6 and a ham sandwich to a team that has cap room and still needs a right tackle post draft, because they addressed other needs.
                    You may have heard there is an ongoing OL scarcity in the NFL.
                    Meanwhole, the Chargers get an upgrade and a rookie contract.
                    The Bolts have an out on Pip's deal after this upcoming season...I'd like to keep him around at least for depth, though Salyer supplies that need if the Bolts draft an OG and move Salyer to #1 T backup...If the Bolts can get a 6th rounder for Pip this year, I might do that deal...

image.png

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

I don't think only Nabers allowed him to be open. I went and watched some games when you go to YouTube and type in player and then vs.....it brings up games just with his plays against that team.
                      Thomas didn't have a great game against Alabama, just 3 for 36 and Nabers had the big game in that one with 10 for 171.

I watched 3 . Alabama, Florida and Ol Miss. The other two were good, bigger games for him. He isn't a polished route runner. Doesn't have that plant your foot in the ground and cut type of route running, kind rounds them off but in SoFi that might get you a torn ACL lol.

He runs comebackers/ hitch routes well and they respect his speed so those work form him. Didn't see any press on him ..and crossers he is good at and has that YAC ability. The guy has speed, speed, speed. The quicks to get the ball and run by and away from you on short routes.

With good coaching i think he would be a real good one. This is the first long look at him for me. As I mentioned earlier I haven't really watched much of him as I wasn't thinking his area in the draft that he would be a consideration.

Then i found Steve Smith on YT, (and watched some others of his takes on WRs). Smith compared him to Aiyuk.

I don't think he will be there at 23 looking at the draft order so if they want him, they probably would have to take him at 11 or they can maybe move down a couple or few spots but that's taking a chance. If we don't take Bowers or if he is gone, I'd be good if we pick Thomas.

​​
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-07-2024, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Fuaga (gone by ~ pick #10) and Fautanu have more scheme and position versatility.
                          Latham is purely a Gap-Power ORT and that serves our purposes just fine.
                          The run on tackles will occur before, during or after the run on QBs and WRs.
                          Who knows ?

Comment

Working...
                          X