• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    In Jan., the Chargers signed Simi Fehoko to a one-year future/reserve contract. I don't know what that means. His salary/cap hit will be $1,055,000. I'm a bit surprised, because I thought he was a big disappointment in 2023, two catches all season (albeit one for a TD). Maybe the Harbaugh regime is still enamored with his potential? But I thought Alex Erickson showed more than Fehoko, and they let him to go Houston.

Besides Fehoko, who I don't know will make the roster, they have Palmer, Johnston and Derius Davis.
    Has Fehoko ever had a cousin live in or around the Baltimore area?
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

LOL.
      We still don't know what "epic" means exactly.
      "Epic" means high points low turnovers and it doesn't matter if it's run or pass. Per Roman

Comment

• Chargers8491
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

LOL.
        We still don't know what "epic" means exactly.
        My idea of "epic" is having a run game that defenses have to respect and actually having "play action" that works by freezing defenses allowing Herbert to have a field day by throwing all over the field if they chose.

When was the last time the Chargers had play action that actually fooled anyone?
        1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
        2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
        2b- #37 Jenkins DT
        3a- #66 Puni OT
        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
        4a- #105 Rice WR
        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
        5- #140 Green CB
        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Chargers8491
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

"Epic" means high points low turnovers and it doesn't matter if it's run or pass. Per Roman
          Yeah this too...lol
          1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
          2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
          2b- #37 Jenkins DT
          3a- #66 Puni OT
          3b- #69 Sainristill CB
          4a- #105 Rice WR
          4b- #110 Lloyd RB
          5- #140 Green CB
          6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Has Fehoko ever had a cousin live in or around the Baltimore area?
            His cousin played for the Chargers.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I can only speak for myself. For me, it's not just about getting a weapon so badly but being able to get a true RT later in the draft. If they trade down, they can get a weapon with the 1st pick and a true RT with the 2nd pick.

I'm not a big fan of taking a LT that will be converted to a RT with the first pick. To me that is not good value when you can get a true RT later in the draft.
              Understood.

My personal opinion: If we're staying at #5 I think it will be either Joe Alt or Rome Odunze, neither of whom I have any issue with. Both of them are fine players.

If we move down to #11, your guess is as good as mine, with Taliese Fuaga, one of the pass-rushers, or Brock Bowers in the mix. My preference in that scenario is a pass-rusher, but I would be very happy with Fuaga. Bowers is a good player, but I think we're better off going in a different direction.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

did Marvin ever beat Jim ??

isn't one of the reasons Palmer got drafted as early as he did, coz he beat Surtain long for a TD ??

didn't QJ put on a show against Michigan ??

do run first teams win Super Bowls ??

was the most glaring omission from our O of late, a lack of mid range lasers and longballs from JH10 ??
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                  Two things to consider that I have seen get lost over the past few pages.

1. Tannenbaum (and sounds like others, according to ESPN) believe AZ may just take a QB at 4. They want out of the Kyler deal and want/need a QB on that rookie deal. Believes they would trade Kyler for pretty cheap (Vegas?).

2. According to Florio and Simms (PFT), many GMs in the league prefer Nabors over MHJ. They are solid on that belief and have mentioned it many times.

Two things that may or may not be true but could have a dramatic impact on us if both/either are true.
                  Seen that and and something I've said as well. . Don't know if they will. I wouldn't have even given Murray that contract.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

I was just listening to the Purple Daily, a Vikings podcast. I’ve listened to them for about a month now because of all this QB talk at 5 which they’ve been on for almost 2 months now and they were saying that there is talk that certain QBs have flat out told NE not to draft them…
                    The roster is a tire fire and they saw how Mac Jones was treated there.
                    Yeah but BB is gone.
                    Those guys probably don't know shit like most fan podcasters lol.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

I was just listening to the Purple Daily, a Vikings podcast. I’ve listened to them for about a month now because of all this QB talk at 5 which they’ve been on for almost 2 months now and they were saying that there is talk that certain QBs have flat out told NE not to draft them…
                      The roster is a tire fire and they saw how Mac Jones was treated there.
                      Cany say i blame the QBs in that situation

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Anything that we discuss here on the draft is conjecture because none of us have no clue what's going to happen during the draft. It's just opinions.

The reason you give up the 1st rnder in 2025 is because Vikings aren't the only team looking to trade up to get a QB. In other words, they could get out bid and lose out on getting their QB because there is potentially a team that will overpay to get their QB or player. Draft history tells us this.
                        Not one of those other teams have the draft capital to compete with the Vikings... why would the Vikings compete against themselves?

To beat the Vikings draft capital, NYG would have to offer up their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks... just to move up 2 spots.
                        Then they sit their $92m guaranteed QB... while their rookie QB tries to survive (with no offensive weapons)... and gaping holes all over their roster. That RB they were going to draft in the 2nd round (Trey Benson) is now unattainable. If that were their plan... why would they let Saquan Barkley go?

Neither the Broncos nor the Raiders have the draft capital to match Vikings #11 and #23. They would have to trade away their 2025 1st round pick + others to move ahead of Vikings. Has TT ever traded away a future 1st round pick? Is that the way Polian operates? Denver already traded away current/future picks for Russell Wilson. How did that work out...?

And if any of this happens (very doubtful) then the Cardinals hand the most covetted player in college football to the Chargers... who have already pointed out how valuable the #5 pick is... should the Vikings actually outspend themselves in a bidding war (that only they are participating in)...

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Not one of those other teams have the draft capital to compete with the Vikings... why would the Vikings compete against themselves?

To beat the Vikings draft capital, NYG would have to offer up their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks... just to move up 2 spots.
                          Then they sit their $92m guaranteed QB... while their rookie QB tries to survive (with no offensive weapons)... and gaping holes all over their roster. That RB they were going to draft in the 2nd round (Trey Benson) is now unattainable. If that were their plan... why would they let Saquan Barkley go?

Neither the Broncos nor the Raiders have the draft capital to match Vikings #11 and #23. They would have to trade away their 2025 1st round pick + others to move ahead of Vikings. Has TT ever traded away a future 1st round pick? Is that the way Polian operates? Denver already traded away current/future picks for Russell Wilson. How did that work out...?

And if any of this happens (very doubtful) then the Cardinals hand the most covetted player in college football to the Chargers... who have already pointed out how valuable the #5 pick is... should the Vikings actually outspend themselves in a bidding war (that only they are participating in)...
                          Flipping with the giants for a #2 pick I would do in a heartbeat over the vikings #11 and #23. We still get any player we want and get a free second rounder.
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X