• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I also thought Bosa would be gone and Allen kept. I agree with your thoughts on what they have done - about as good as you possibly could, considering the circumstances. The draft will be fascinating to see - trade back, go best available, and what areas they think they need to upgrade (vs what we think).
    I saw a blurb someone claiming inside intel said to the effect that the Chargers FO thinks its a lot easier to replace a WR than a top Edge player - they had a reason. If Joey absorbs Ben's Benefits and plays most of the season, it will pay off.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
      This is all just conjecture…….., but even if the proposal is for MH2, I would expect Hortiz to use the Julio Jones trade as the foundational model for any trade.
      Conjecture 100%. i'm fine with conjecture but when some people post absolute certainty they will do this or that .. well, pffft. If they guess right they will crow about their genius insight, if wrong we likely won't hear about it from them too much lol.

Its ALL guesses ... I have no idea. The way they are checking out many RTs seems to indicate they are not locked into "must draft best tackle" mindset for RT. But they checked out Alt too so ?

Comment

• Jack Burton
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Conjecture 100%. i'm fine with conjecture but when some people post absolute certainty they will do this or that .. well, pffft. If they guess right they will crow about their genius insight, if wrong we likely won't hear about it from them too much lol.

Its ALL guesses ... I have no idea. The way they are checking out many RTs seems to indicate they are not locked into "must draft best tackle" mindset for RT. But they checked out Alt too so ?
        Here’s some really interesting conjecture from Whitner…

Comment

• Chargers8491
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2022
          • Send PM

That's inconceivable!
          1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
          2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
          2b- #37 Jenkins DT
          3a- #66 Puni OT
          3b- #69 Sainristill CB
          4a- #105 Rice WR
          4b- #110 Lloyd RB
          5- #140 Green CB
          6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2024
            • Send PM

This is all just conjecture…….., but even if the proposal is for MH2, I would expect Hortiz to use the Julio Jones trade as the foundational model for any trade.
            I agree. What was interesting about that draft in 2011 was there was a 1st year head coach sitting there on the board at #7 and got jumped by the Atlanta Falcons unexpectedly for a player he thought would fall right into his lap.
            He was going to pair an Elite Blue Chip WR with a QB he would later draft.

That first year coach had the initials Jim Harbaugh.
            I suspect he wouldn't pass on the opportunity to pair another Elite Blue Chip WR1 with the Franchise.

Comment

• Jack Burton
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2023
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post

I agree. What was interesting about that draft in 2011 was there was a 1st year head coach sitting there on the board at #7 and got jumped by the Atlanta Falcons unexpectedly for a player he thought would fall right into his lap.
              He was going to pair an Elite Blue Chip WR with a QB he would later draft.

That first year coach had the initials Jim Harbaugh.
              I suspect he wouldn't pass on the opportunity to pair another Elite Blue Chip WR1 with the Franchise.
              Yeah, I mentioned it here. There’s a pic of Harbaugh wearing his jersey I think…

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Quentin Johnston is going to be vastly improved this season and catch 50+ passes for 750+ yards and score 8+ total TDs.

Wishful thinking or do you think QJ is capable of doing it?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  Quentin Johnston is going to be vastly improved this season and catch 50+ passes for 750+ yards and score 8+ total TDs.

I think it is very possible, not sure on 8 TDs though. but we still need another WR.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

As the 3rd WR in a Greg Roman offense?!?!?
                    I dunno, man…..

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

I think it is very possible, not sure on 8 TDs though. but we still need another WR.
                      Agree all the way around. It's just that Mike Williams was worse than QJ as a rookie, 11 catches/95 yds/0 TDs, but improved to 43/664 yds/10 TDs in his 2nd year.

I don't know what they will do in the draft. But if I had to guess, they will draft MHJ or Nabers with their first pick (possibly Odunze if they trade down a few spots) and not draft another one until late on Day 3 (or not at all and load up on UDFA WRs), then sign a FA WR such as Boyd or MVS to balance out the WR room.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2023
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

JJ is in the last year of his contract. Minn is 11M under the cap. JJ want's 30M a year. Minn either has to re-sign him, trade him, or let him walk.
                        All the Minneapolis sports media has said that Jefferson was made a part of the process by KOC early in getting a rookie QB. He could of just said, “F it, I want out!” when Cousins wasn’t resigned but according to every media source and all the podcasts, it’s unanimously believed that KOC called him and brought him into the draft process as to what they want in a rookie QB.
                        Part of why so many here think MIN is locked Into getting a QB high in this draft.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

As the 3rd WR in a Greg Roman offense?!?!?
                          I dunno, man…..
                          LOL.
                          We still don't know what "epic" means exactly.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X