• Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I saw a stat on Zay Jones - -for receivers with 250 catches in the NFL - he has one of the lower yards per catches at 10.6 yards per catch, For the record, Renfrow is slightly higher than Zay Jones on a ypc basis

MVS - fewer catches- and maybe more drops - gets almost 17 ypc

As for safety -- there are cheaper options to be sure - be nice to get a bit of depth back there unless JT Woods is balling out in offseason workouts
    I don't want Renfrew. Maybe a speed option is better though Jones runs 4.4. Dont love MSV...I guess I am back to DJ Chark! I dont think a veteran in the room would hurt.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2022
      • White Rock, BC Canada
      • Send PM

It is that time of year when teams are at that post-draft process:
      minicamps
      OTAs
      figuring out what they have
      than summer break

But come middle to late July, players will want to get one more paycheck and teams will start to identify where they need depth. Like you said, patience as it could be a few months
      Do you guys remember the timing when we had some of our better 2nd phase FA signings like Bryce Callahan and Kyle Van Noy?

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

It will be more than $18M. $12M is more than enough for rookie contracts and PS players with some exceptions do not count toward
        the cap. They are paid weekly and only count against the cap if brought up to the active squad. We have plenty of room to sign 3 vets and
        then some.

We do have to be careful about the next few years as Herbert's cap hit becomes huge. But for this year we have no cap issues at all and
        in fact are in better shape than 27 other teams.
        Ok, I'm no capologist. It shows our rookie pool is 14 mil. I'm not sure what the next column means with 7 mil cap space as it shows our first rounder cap is 6 mil alone.

Apparently the rookie pool has gone up a little as Tua's contract in 2020 @#5 , his first year cap hit was 5.5 mil. And Alt shows 6 mil and if you add up our every round cap hits according to this chart, it is about 12 mil but I didn't use a calculator and the pool there says 14 mil

If someone can explain this great as maybe I'm a little confused by it but right there it says rookie cap numbers by round. Add it up.

NFL draft resources including rookie contract estimates, compensatory pick projections, and draft order

1000002956.png

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Pip is not our starting RT. But he remains the best swing backup tackle on the roster. Guys have clamored for depth for a decade, we have it at OT today and folks want to trade it away and leave us one ankle twist away from Sarrell? for a Rd6 future pick? hmmm...I'm gonna say thats pound-foolish.

Argue Polar Bear GIF by Pudgy Penguins
          Pips is not a swing tackle because he can’t play LT. He’s fighting to not be the backup RT, because that position does not exist. So he needs to be a decent backup G too or he doesn’t fit on the team. I think there’s a place for him in the league as a starting RT, just not here.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• charger1_sj
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Ok, I'm no capologist. It shows our rookie pool is 14 mil. I'm not sure what the next column means with 7 mil cap space as it shows our first rounder cap is 6 mil alone.

Apparently the rookie pool has gone up a little as Tua's contract in 2020 @#5 , his first year cap hit was 5.5 mil. And Alt shows 6 mil and if you add up our every round cap hits according to this chart, it is about 12 mil but I didn't use a calculator and the pool there says 14 mil

If someone can explain this great as maybe I'm a little confused by it but right there it says rookie cap numbers by round. Add it up.

NFL draft resources including rookie contract estimates, compensatory pick projections, and draft order

1000002956.png
            Note the important part: CAP SPACE NEEDED. For the Chargers $7M. That leaves $23M in cap space for the first 51. You can sign half a team with that much space.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

1000002956.png
              Since the Chargers have 51/53+ players on the roster - there are players already counting $795k on the roster -- so for each draft pick, their cap hit needs to be reduced by $795k to get the Net Impact to the cap. So though the rookie draft class will cost $14m of CASH, the Chargers already have a lot of that allocated to the cap (9 players x 800k is $7.2m -- -the draft class will cost $14m - so net to the cap of $7m)

With Over the Cap showing the Chargers with $30m of cap space before the draft - the draft picks (7m) and UDFA (maybe a million bucks at most) migh be a net $8m to the overall cap. That leaves $22m

$10m for in season fund and practice squad - so now down to $12m

Net result: the Chargers have somehwere in the $10-12m true cap space to sign players still. Now, I do not agree with Chargers1_SJ that the Chargers can sign 3 players at $6m because I am not sure there are three players even worth signing, let alone at this time, worth $6m each.

But, one Justin Simmons at $6m - if the scheme fit is right - is feasible as a 6m contract only counts basically $5.1m to the cap.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Cap space smash face...I really can't figure this out until we know who were gonna keep and whos gonna be dropped. Maybe somebody needs to come up with something that has a list of known players we are keeping no matter what and then figuring out what's left of remaining cap. Just really confusing at this time.
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

We met with Tyler Boyd? Why?! That makes no sense to me, unless they have already had a bad connect with either Palmer or Q...trade one of them? Im puzzled...
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

It is that time of year when teams are at that post-draft process:
                    minicamps
                    OTAs
                    figuring out what they have
                    than summer break

But come middle to late July, players will want to get one more paycheck and teams will start to identify where they need depth. Like you said, patience as it could be a few months
                    Yeah Tyler Boyd is back in town. He would be a great signing. Strong hands/Keenan vibe.

That would give us what we need at WR, rounding out depth.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                      We met with Tyler Boyd? Why?! That makes no sense to me, unless they have already had a bad connect with either Palmer or Q...trade one of them? Im puzzled...
                      Just saw this.
                      Take your draft win and go back to work.
                      "You don't know ball."
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Yeah Tyler Boyd is back in town. He would be a great signing. Strong hands/Keenan vibe.

That would give us what we need at WR, rounding out depth.
                        Boyd would be the veteran Router runner type

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Ladd is our Boyd...gotta be a predraft schedule they honored for posterity...or Jim had a real bad connect with either Josh or Q...
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X