• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Is it that game where the Chargers had NO LBs ?
    They played 4-0-7 all the game.
    They had no LBs the week before in their brilliant defense gem vs Lamar. I can’t recall if any were back the following week, maybe some here remembers?
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• charger1_sj
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

Yes, my question then?
      Why the hell wouldn’t Saban go away from his normal scheme? One of the big two corners should’ve been on him the whole time you would think???
      His assertion is false. Alabama went zone coverage and Nabors tore them up. Alabama tried covering him with Arnold about four times got burned
      once long and another around 20 yards. Alabama had to worry about the other LSU receiver B. Thomas so they tried zone. One of the Alabama
      safeties was out injured and LSU abused them. LSU used Nabors in the slot and outside. Arnold did a good job on a handful of plays when they went
      one on one. But still got burned even though tightly covered Nabors still makes the catch.

You really cannot cover Nabors for a whole game one on one. That's what it comes down too. You need safety help and Alabama was not up to the
      task.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2020
        • Oklahoma
        • Send PM

Seems like a helluva replacement at slot receiver
        also Nabers/Thomas >>>>Arnold/McKinstry
        because we know the LSU O Line is not better than Bamas front 7

Comment

• DerwinBosa
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

His assertion is false. Alabama went zone coverage and Nabors tore them up. Alabama tried covering him with Arnold about four times got burned
          once long and another around 20 yards. Alabama had to worry about the other LSU receiver B. Thomas so they tried zone. One of the Alabama
          safeties was out injured and LSU abused them. LSU used Nabors in the slot and outside. Arnold did a good job on a handful of plays when they went
          one on one. But still got burned even though tightly covered Nabors still makes the catch.

You really cannot cover Nabors for a whole game one on one. That's what it comes down too. You need safety help and Alabama was not up to the
          task.
          Yeah, you can look at it that way...if your goal is to convince people that Nabers should be the pick at #5. Lol.

Comment

• charger1_sj
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Yeah, you can look at it that way...if your goal is to convince people that Nabers should be the pick at #5. Lol.
            At #5 the receivers would be BPA over OTs, CBs and Edge guys in this draft. That can be MH2 or Nabors. I'd put Odunze
            in the top 10 but not top 5. That's just my opinion. Don't know what the Chargers think If we trade down it gets fuzzy.

As you know we have many needs on both sides of the ball.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

And this is where misinformation comes in during the silly season:

Nabers has done this against some of the best defensive backs in the country, including Alabama’s Kool-Aid McKinstry and Missouri’s Kris Abrams-Draine, against whom Nabers had 171 and 146 yards,respectively.

As Jayden Daniels fights to get recognition for a season worthy of the Heisman Trophy despite LSU’s struggles, he isn’t the only Tiger fighting an uphill battle for award consideration.

If it gets written enough people start believing it.

Comment

• captaind
                Cook This Pork Chops
                • Jun 2013
                • Mars
                • Ball Holder
                • Send PM

Another run blocker. I see a pattern here.

It will be nice to run the ball effectively again. It's been well over a decade.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

Who's your pick @5? There are couple of OT to choose from if you go that route. Which one?
                  I gave you my opinion, now lets hear yours. Please leave out Pipkins. Tell me why the OT you want is the top talent @5.
                  There is no right or wrong answer. Lets hear it.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

Fixed for you

Originally posted by captaind View Post
                    Another run blocker. I see a pattern here. :
                    It will be nice to run the ball effectively again. It's been well over TWO decades.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Who's your pick @5? There are couple of OT to choose from if you go that route. Which one?
                      I gave you my opinion, now lets hear yours. Please leave out Pipkins. Tell me why the OT you want is the top talent @5.
                      There is no right or wrong answer. Lets hear it.
                      I've told you before. You don't like it.

Heading into the silly season my top pick was Laiatu Latu. If the mock draft nerds know what they're talking about, we can get him much later. So my dream is to trade down with Minnesota and get Latu at #23 after taking Fuaga at #11. If Latu's neck is a major concern, I hope he is taken off of every draft board. I believe the concern with his neck is why he is being selected in the twenties by the mock draft nerds.

I'm open to other options, though. Yes, I like Alt a lot and would be happy with him at #5. Not the mauler Fuaga is, but I believe Alt is the better athlete and possesses superior technique. A little time with Herbert will also be tremendous for his development. I'm not concerned at all with Alt transitioning to right tackle.

I also love Jared Verse (almost as much as Latu) and Dallas Turner. They're not projected to go in the top five, but I would not be disappointed whatsoever if we took one of them there. If we could get either in a trade down...great.

This all gets thrown out the window if Marvin Harrison is there at #5. After Harrison is likely gone at #4, there are too many options at #5 to speak in the absolutes you have--"We have to draft a receiver..."

I will be happy with whomever Harbaugh and Hortiz select, even if it's your boy Nabers, because I recognize they're much more qualified than I am.
                      Last edited by DerwinBosa; 03-18-2024, 10:31 PM.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

And this is where misinformation comes in during the silly season:

Nabers has done this against some of the best defensive backs in the country, including Alabama’s Kool-Aid McKinstry and Missouri’s Kris Abrams-Draine, against whom Nabers had 171 and 146 yards,respectively.

As Jayden Daniels fights to get recognition for a season worthy of the Heisman Trophy despite LSU’s struggles, he isn’t the only Tiger fighting an uphill battle for award consideration.

If it gets written enough people start believing it.
                        Wow...makes me want to drink the, ahem, Nabers Kool-aid...

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Could have been the rookie QBs fault on the sacks. I haven't watched any Panthers games and we know Young wasn't very good. Then again, Lamar is the opposite and an escape artist lol. Hopefully it isn't an issue with us.
                          I think the trend now is that sacks are usually viewed as more the fault of the QB. Pressure is more tied to OL.

Comment

Working...
                          X